• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Perodua Viva 850Cc

Toyota soluna

Perodua Viva 850cc is not a new car to Sri Lanka. Before introduced Viva Elite to Sri Lanka, number of Viva 850cc units were imported to Sri Lanka. There was a Viva 660cc variant as well.

One of my friend recently sold his Viva 850cc after running 52,000km without any issue. His brother is having 660cc variant and it is already 140,000km done.

Viva 850cc variant comes with manual transmission only. Don't worry about the pulling power. It is a very good car and once my friend drove 140km/h and show me the meter cluster photo. (I don't approve what he did).

It is a very good vehicle compared to similar Indian hatchbacks in that range and you get more safer car with more options.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 1

Thank You very much for your valuable information, it does not have power steering, will that be difficult to drive and also how long will it take to a shipment to come to SL?

I haven't driven Viva 850cc. But my friend was very happy with 850cc and never complaint about power steering. I previously owned 660cc Jap Alto without power steering and it was ok with me. :) For shipment time , please check with your sales agent. As far as I know only two shipments of Viva has to come and all vehicles are already reserved. Unimo wish to bring Perodua Axia in early 2015.

• Like 1

Yes only two shipments, I`m in the second shipment. But they did`nt give a exact date of arrival. Normally how long will it take a shipment to come?

Normality is not something you can apply in this case. There are two issues.

1. Perouda is not a big car company so their throughput is quite small, and funny enough Sri Lanka is probably their biggest market for the Viva

2. UM has never been good at predicting arrival dates. It can sometimes vary 1-2 months from the promised date

With that in mind, you just have to be patient I guess. Hopefully it won't to be too far off from the given date.

Again I have to caution you . I experienced lots of issues with my 1000CC VIVA back in 2008 when sorting out parts from agent and from outside. Even tires where not available. Since very few numbers will be sold in SL you might face issues with spares.

Things are rather different in 2014. They've sold quite a bit more than "very few numbers" and the Viva is likely the most popular car in it's segment now. Parts availability does not seem to be a problem for owners.

You wouldn't happen to be working for the Maruti agent, would you? They seem to be the only people who think that the Viva is not a good buy.....

Again I have to caution you . I experienced lots of issues with my 1000CC VIVA back in 2008 when sorting out parts from agent and from outside. Even tires where not available. Since very few numbers will be sold in SL you might face issues with spares.

Utter rubbish.

Before the tax hike last year, Vivas sold by the shipload. There was a waitlist of about 6 months for them.

and Viva is by far the best buy for money if u really need a brand new car in that budget. Compare Maruti Alto/Micro Panda/Chery QQ etc.

There are quite a few shops which specialize in spares for Peroduas. Janatha Motors Panchikawatta, Auto Park Kalubowila, Thai Motors Delkanda are three places that immediately come to my mind...

You can't find tyres? Seriously? That must be the biggest lie after a certain politician's story about a new born baby saying Jayawewa to him :)

• Like 3

Things are rather different in 2014. They've sold quite a bit more than "very few numbers" and the Viva is likely the most popular car in it's segment now. Parts availability does not seem to be a problem for owners.

You wouldn't happen to be working for the Maruti agent, would you? They seem to be the only people who think that the Viva is not a good buy.....

Utter rubbish.

Before the tax hike last year, Vivas sold by the shipload. There was a waitlist of about 6 months for them.

and Viva is by far the best buy for money if u really need a brand new car in that budget. Compare Maruti Alto/Micro Panda/Chery QQ etc.

There are quite a few shops which specialize in spares for Peroduas. Janatha Motors Panchikawatta, Auto Park Kalubowila, Thai Motors Delkanda are three places that immediately come to my mind...

You can't find tyres? Seriously? That must be the biggest lie after a certain politician's story about a new born baby saying Jayawewa to him :)

I only commented on the 850cc variant where only very few numbers where sold. To my knowledge 850cc variant doesn't share many components with the 1000cc elite version. That's why I cautioned about spare parts based on my previous experience back in 2008 .

I fully agree with both of you. I also believe that Viva 1000cc is the best option when compared Indian and Chinese cars in the similar category.

I only commented on the 850cc variant where only very few numbers where sold. To my knowledge 850cc variant doesn't share many components with the 1000cc elite version. That's why I cautioned about spare parts based on my previous experience back in 2008 .

I fully agree with both of you. I also believe that Viva 1000cc is the best option when compared Indian and Chinese cars in the similar category.

No the 850cc manual version also sold in the bucket loads. The body suspension and running gear is the same. There are some trim level differences and of course the engine is slightly different. But they also share a lot of components as they are the same family.

No the 850cc manual version also sold in the bucket loads. The body suspension and running gear is the same. There are some trim level differences and of course the engine is slightly different. But they also share a lot of components as they are the same family.

Yes, more agree with Don. 850cc Viva shared a lot of parts with Viva Elite.

Below is the price list in 2011 March which shows features. Oh that lovely prices :) . Now air bags and immobilizer also added to 850cc version.

Viva_zps214e60e8.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi, Manage to get my car last month and did the first service at Unit#d Mot#rs last week. They only changed the oil filter and the oil did not check any thing special for faults. Any other things that i have to look after during the first 10,000 Km`s? apart from radiator coolant top up, brake oil top up. Since this is a manual, it only does 11 per km in City. Hope you guys can help me :speechless-smiley-019:

Hi, Manage to get my car last month and did the first service at Unit#d Mot#rs last week. They only changed the oil filter and the oil did not check any thing special for faults. Any other things that i have to look after during the first 10,000 Km`s? apart from radiator coolant top up, brake oil top up. Since this is a manual, it only does 11 per km in City. Hope you guys can help me :speechless-smiley-019:

Just stick to the warranty schedule advised by the agent during the warranty period. It covers all that needs to be done during that period. The vehicle is unlikely to develop faults so quickly. Just do a weekly check of fluids and look out for any unusual rattles and noises.

In case of fuel efficiency try to adjust your driving habits. 11 doesn't found too bad :)

Well in 1000km service that 's what they usually do. You need to do your next service when you reach 5000km. From there onwards you need to do the service for every 5000km (usual thing ).

Any other things that i have to look after during the first 10,000 Km`s? apart from radiator coolant top up, brake oil top up. Since this is a manual Any other things that i have to look after during the first 10,000 Km`s? apart from radiator coolant top up, brake oil top up. Since this is a manual

Refer the owner manual it has most of the things we need to do under maintenance.

• Like 1

Most of the points are already described here by Don and others.

(1) Take your time and read owner's manual. If gives you a lot of valuable information and instructions.

(2) Be aware on your warranty clauses.

(3) At your 5000km service, push Unimo people to remove your wheels from the vehicle & clean wheels, wheel arch and surrounding area.

One idiot supervisor was telling me on our second Elite, remove wheels and clean wheels & surrounding area at 10,000km is enough and accepted and no need to do it in 5000km. I pushed them and got it done at 5000km.

(4) Also visit thread

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/13336-viva-elite-community/

Good-luck !!!