• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

SMadu

Just to check something, how much is a well sorted Defender going for these days? Some years back when I was looking guys like Indika and Osanda were doing up defenders going for just under that price range.

I'm interested too Peri, so lets be more specific. How much is a well sorted Defender of the following flavours go for these days?

Defender 110 or 90 County with the 12J (or related) Diesel Engine

Defender 110 or 90 County with the 200 TDI engine

Defender 110 or 90 County with the 300 TDI engine

Defender 110 or 90 County with the TD5 engine

Defender 110 or 90 County with the 2.4 TDCI engine

Defender double cab

Defender tropp carrier

Defender single cab

Just curious.....

I'm interested too Peri, so lets be more specific. How much is a well sorted Defender of the following flavours go for these days?

Defender 110 or 90 County with the 12J (or related) Diesel Engine

Defender 110 or 90 County with the 200 TDI engine

Defender 110 or 90 County with the 300 TDI engine

Defender 110 or 90 County with the TD5 engine

Defender 110 or 90 County with the 2.4 TDCI engine

Defender double cab

Defender tropp carrier

Defender single cab

Just curious.....

i'm not really in the Land Rover game anymore but my estimates would be.....

Defender 90 County with the 12J (or related) Diesel Engine = 1.6 to 1.8 Mn

Defender 90 County with the 200 TDI engine = 1.7 to 2.1 Mn

Defender 90 County with the 300 TDI engine = 2 to 2.5 Mn

Defender 90 County with the TD5 engine = Don't recall seeing any and doubt we had any/many original TD5 90's being imported

Defender 90 County with the 2.4 TDCI engine = Again hardly any - i believe there was a blue one on a K plate that had a 6.5 Mn asking if i recall

Defender 110 County with the 12J (or related) Diesel Engine = a "110" pre Defender ex Ministry/Bank etc 2.75 to 3 Mn. A genuine DEFENDER 110 (post 1990) 3.5 to 4 Mn

Defender 110 County with the 200 TDI engine = 3.5 to 4 Mn

Defender 110 County with the 300 TDI engine = 4 to 6 Mn

Defender 110 County with the TD5 engine = This is where things started getting sticky with a number of crew cab/ single cab conversions happening so original Station Wagons i'd reckon 5 to 6 Mn. Keep in mind the eletronic throttle control and ECU placement amoung other "improvements" may not have sat very well locally.

Defender 110 County with the 2.4 TDCI engine = The last through to the 2.2L's with the 6 speed boxes again have the registration issues with prices going well pas 15Mn for "loaded" vehicles

I've read on Landie forums the easiest Land Rover to live with in terms of cost of maintenance plus being able to fix it on the roadside is the 200 TDI.

But they are not SUVs per say. They are genuine off roaders and work vehicles (you need to be nuts to use one as an SUV as its hardly a comfortable rid, creature comforts are limited and your poor left leg will curse you) and for 6 the best option seems to be the TDCI 90.

I think the 90s are a bargain though, considering they are the better off roaders compared to the 110s.

I've read on Landie forums the easiest Land Rover to live with in terms of cost of maintenance plus being able to fix it on the roadside is the 200 TDI.

But they are not SUVs per say. They are genuine off roaders and work vehicles (you need to be nuts to use one as an SUV as its hardly a comfortable rid, creature comforts are limited and your poor left leg will curse you) and for 6 the best option seems to be the TDCI 90.

I think the 90s are a bargain though, considering they are the better off roaders compared to the 110s.

Agreed! Good luck finding a new 90 though

The bulk of the 90's are all original 90's not Defender 90's imported by the Police in 1988 on 32-4xxxx plates. Most of these originally 12J equipped vehicles have hadlocal "19J" conversions (bolt on Turbo) or had 200 / 300 Tdi's thrown on. There was even one with an automatic gearbox from a Disco! Most have also seen modifications in the form of later model steering wheels, interiors , TD5 dashboard, Seats and even front roof section upgrades performed over the years.

There were less than 10 original 64/65- 200/300 Tdi 90's that came through Colonial Motors afaik