• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying Car Around 2.7 Million

lahiru_carlover

Question

I'm planning to buy a new car and my budget is around 2.7 Million (Max).

So far I have checked the following models.

Toyota allion 240- 2002

Toyota 121 G grade 2005 -1500cc

Toyota Belta 2007 - 1300cc

Toyota yaris 2008-1300cc

Toyota Vios 2008-1500cc

Toyota VITZ-1000cc 2010

Don't suggest other car models like Mazda Axela,lancer models or honda cos i'm a toyota fan :smilie_liebe9:

I'm looking for a car which have good fuel economy,comfortable,good design and reliable car which wont give me troubles (engine and transmission) in the long run as I'm planning to use this car at-least for another 5 years.

I plan to run 800km per month(500 km on highway and other 300km on colombo city limit)

So, I really appropriate help from you guys to select one model from the above for me or any others you suggest, based on above details.

Also if you can share your experiences (fuel consumption and reliability) of the above models that would be highly appreciated.

Thank you and looking forward to see your comments.

Edited by lahiru_carlover

I have a friend who claims that his Allion 260 ..2007 model does 22 kmpl on long distances...I use the same car presently and the maximum I have got in southern highway is 13 kmpl...It's just that stupid trip computer which gives unusual figures. I agree with you..there are many options he can go with If don't have toyota lover barrier.... One of my personal favorite is Axela...I love that ride always.. :smilie_liebe9:

Most people I know claim the NZT260 does around 12-13 combined on average

Most people I know claim the NZT260 does around 12-13 combined on average

yup that’s about right. However on my resent trip from Kandy to Katharagama - Hambantota via Nuwara Eliya which covered about 850kms, it had done about 16.5kmpl with moderate to heavy acceleration.

• Like 1

I have a friend who claims that his Allion 260 ..2007 model does 22 kmpl on long distances...I use the same car presently and the maximum I have got in southern highway is 13 kmpl...It's just that stupid trip computer which gives unusual figures. I agree with you..there are many options he can go with If don't have toyota lover barrier.... One of my personal favorite is Axela...I love that ride always.. :smilie_liebe9:

axela is not a comfortable car...

Its like a alto when we take the comfort.

• Like 1

I'm planning to buy a new car and my budget is around 2.7 Million (Max).

So far I have checked the following models.

Toyota allion 240- 2002

Toyota 121 G grade 2005 -1500cc

Toyota Belta 2007 - 1300cc

Toyota yaris 2008-1300cc

Toyota Vios 2008-1500cc

Toyota VITZ-1000cc 2010

Don't suggest other car models like Mazda Axela,lancer models or honda cos i'm a toyota fan :smilie_liebe9:

I'm looking for a car which have good fuel economy,comfortable,good design and reliable car which wont give me troubles (engine and transmission) in the long run as I'm planning to use this car at-least for another 5 years.

I plan to run 800km per month(500 km on highway and other 300km on colombo city limit)

So, I really appropriate help from you guys to select one model from the above for me or any others you suggest, based on above details.

Also if you can share your experiences (fuel consumption and reliability) of the above models that would be highly appreciated.

Thank you and looking forward to see your comments.

selecting a car out of these is absolutely your preference. there is nothing much to ask from others as you have filtered your options.

my suggestion is if you have 2.7 mil, don't restrict to one particular brand and few selections. look at other options with a free mind. do a cost benefit analysis for a long period. go and check them, see the options they have, have a test drive, do a background study before you visit the car, read forums out there etc etc...

then you can ended up with a good car. Im sure if you drop your "I'm Only Toyota" mind-set you will see so many other nice cars out there...

Okay..so I too am a Toyota fan and people make fun of me by calling me a walking talking p**ping Toyota Dictionary, but I too have to admit that what you have listed are quite not so exciting cars and not the best of what Toyota has to offer. They are just point A to B cars that are unreasonably marked up in price because of the local market's Toyota addiction and beliefs.Unfortunately the Toyotas that are nice would be either too old for you <to fit within your budget> or doesn't meet something like your fuel economy requirement eg. Verossa <you did put up a 2002 Allion there after all> or even a Chaser or a Mark X <IF you can stretch you budge somewhat which might not be that practical>.

For your budget you can go for another Japanese brand which will give you more bang for the buck....or even something a bit more exotic and European that is somewhat older <for example let's say a certain automobile photographer's BMW 316 even ?> for a lesser price with plenty of money for maintenance.

If you MUST go for one of the cars on your list then my vote is for the 121 as it seems to fall right in between all the other models you are considering. However, in Sri Lanka finding something like a 121, Carina, Allion, etc...that is not hacked or messed around with at a decent price seems to be quite a task.

• Like 1