• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Paint Job

Busooly

Question

Dear Members,

Greetings,

I'm silent member of this group this site helped me a lot on find out certain things about vehicles.

I open this thread to get the expert advise on paint job to be done to my Honda Vezel.

LAst week while i was trying to park inside the garage it was scratched on the rear door side. Even it's not major it's to be done by the professional's.

As i was spoke with insurance agent they were suggest to done by there one of the agent Arabian Motors or Spray Max. But i'm not sure how good there service is.

Kindly somebody advice me how about there service or better to go for Stafford motors.

Please kindly note i'm not in colombo or near by i'm in Trincomalee so your reply will be more helpful to me.

21 answers to this question

Arabian is ok.Lots of concourse level classic car paintjobs are done by them.A bit pricey but since you're covered it won't be an issue.

Are you aware of the level of quality of their corrosion repairs? How pricey are they?

@ iRage i don't think it can be fixed with the cut and polish so it has to be done with paint job.

@bycap since i have to do my srvice also i prefer colombo so i can get it done both on same time.

How is stafford motors do they do paint job?

Are you aware of the level of quality of their corrosion repairs? How pricey are they?

I have not done any of my cars from them.So I am not aware of their prep work.The finished product looks good.As for price, they quoted 250000 for a Sunbeam Alpine,(a mid-size convertible) paint job without any body tinkering.

Edited by MasterDon

@ iRage i don't think it can be fixed with the cut and polish so it has to be done with paint job.

@bycap since i have to do my srvice also i prefer colombo so i can get it done both on same time.

How is stafford motors do they do paint job?

Holy crap! You're going to drive all the way to Colombo from TRINCOMALE to do a service? Dude, that's nuts.

Just ask the agent / google the maintenance manual / email Honda Asia or search their website for the maintenance guidelines and do it yourself in Trinco. All you need is the right oil and a mechanic (maka bass or otherwise, as its damn hard to mess up an oil change) who will do exactly as you direct.

With a newer car all that's likely to be listed on the maintenance schedule is probably a number of visual inspections, fluid checks, an oil change and possibly an air filter change. It's all as easy as eating pie to do yourself.

Find the right oil and filter and then its just a 30 minute job vs a two day trip and half a day of sitting around at the dealership !

Edited by Kavvz

Hi guys... this is regarding a full body colour change/ cut and paint.... What's the best places ya"ll would recommend to do this?

2 of my friends recommended "Chaminda Motors" in Kelaniya or somewhere.... he got a full body paint done for his presea, so since he have done a presea before I was wondering if he would be good... that guy said chaminda have done a good job.... and also how about "ML motors" in kandana?

FYI, the presea beadings are no where to be found,,, even the importers told me they cannot find the beadings for presea... so I prefer a place that would not harm/remove the beadings for the paint... chaminda told me, if its hard to remove and replace, he would not remove the beadings....and said it would cost 110,000/-.. anyway what are the thoughts of ya"ll about this and the best places i could look into?

pics or it didn't happen :P

Haha will post :D actually today only I bought it... advanced the previous owner last week and bought it today, so will post pics tomorrow eve probably, to the NISSAN PRESEA Thread :D

btw its not white, but ticks all the other requirements i was looking for ;)