• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Changing A/c Filter

sathyajithj99

Recently went to do a service for my car. They asked for changing the AC filter. The filter they had was Japanese and quoted 3750/- for it. So I changed it. My questions are

How often should we change the AC filter?

Is this price reasonable?

They did not have Toyota AC filter available, How much it would have cost if I used a Toyota one?

By the way the car is Axio .

Thanks in advance.

For starters Toyota does not make cabin filters, they are manufactured by DENSO and Toyota just sticks a sticker on it or in some cases puts it in a Toyota Box. I replaced the cabin filter in the RAV4 about two weeks ago and it cost Rs.3800 (EDIT: It was a "TOYOTA" one which was actually a DENSO filter). They also had some chinese one which was like Rs. 1900

Edited by iRage

Recently went to do a service for my car. They asked for changing the AC filter. The filter they had was Japanese and quoted 3750/- for it. So I changed it. My questions are

How often should we change the AC filter?

Is this price reasonable?

They did not have Toyota AC filter available, How much it would have cost if I used a Toyota one?

By the way the car is Axio .

Thanks in advance.

Well, if the filter is totally clogged with dust or debris, you should replace it. You cannot give an exact mileage to replace it as it will depend on road conditions. Edited by Crishan

So it seems reasonable , isn't it iRage? seems I have saved 50/- lol

LOL....yes I guess....I didn't go for the chinese one the filter material seemed like a cheap parchment cloth :). Early last year I bought one for my RAV4 in Tanzania and that at the time I remember it costing in the mid "2000 something" yen which I bought directly from the Toyota parts warehouse.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
There is a AC parts shop near Jubilee post Nugegoda ( I cannot publish the name in here). You can buy a cabin filter for 1200 rupees.

I think for that price it's a Chinese one. So anyone looking for Chinese cabin filters, this is good news.

The Japanese ones like Denso and ViC cost something around 3800/-