• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Voxy 2014 Hybrid Fuel Consumption

SEHANW

Hi... I bought brand new Toyota Voxy Hybrid few months ago and I'm getting 10-12KMPL in the city and 15-17KMPL on Highway.

this figures for the city limit is correct?

What did the car sale guy tell you the KMPL is?

It is a van, right? so you cant expect car levels of fuel consumption.

Your kidding right? you bought a brand new vehicle and asking if your KMPL is correct?

didn't you check the car reviews etc before you buying? but....Seriously?

buddy I'm not kidding, there is not much reviews about Voxy, that is why I asked here.. If you don't know the answer to my question just pass the tread without telling Seriously, Kidding...

if you wanted to help me atleast you tried to find it on google.. but it was other way around... :D

• Like 1

What did the car sale guy tell you the KMPL is?

It is a van, right? so you cant expect car levels of fuel consumption.

Yes it's a van type 1,800cc. I would expect 13-16KMPL in the city since it's hybrid.....

Edited by Pericles

Here is what i found when I used the amazing tools called the BRAIN and GOOGLE.. going by this I'd say that something is wrong with your vehicle.

Please don't get confused as to think I am helping you here... I am just showing what an incompetent fool you are. It took me less than 10 seconds to get this info.

You should not be driving, let alone operating any machinery with the intellect you have.

Having said that, I think you should get your vehicle checked. All the forums I just read on says it does in excess of 20kmpls. THe 2.0l variat also does more than 16kmpls.

For the hybrid variants, a 2ZR-FXE 1.8-liter Atkinson cycle combustion engine, evolved and matured from the third-generation Prius, together with a class-first full hybrid system (THS II with reduction gear) achieves fuel economy of 23.8 km/L (56 mpgUS, 4.2 l/100 km)

The 2014 Toyota Noah and Voxy have gone on sale in Japan. The MPV pair, previewed as concept models at the 2013 Tokyo Motor Show, are levelled at the similarly-sized Nissan Serena and Mazda Biante, both of which made their Malaysian debuts last year. These JDM Toyotas would make a nice addition to our market, don’t you think?

Two engine variants are available – a 2.0 litre 3ZR-FAE with Valvematic paired to a Super CVT-i transmission, and a Prius-sourced 2ZR-FXE 1.8 litre hybrid powertrain. The latter claims a class-best fuel efficiency figure of 23.8 km per litre, while the standard petrol model does 16.0 km/l. Both better the Serena S-Hybrid and Biante SkyActiv’s figures of 15.2 km/l and 14.8 km/l respectively.

Various seating configurations are offered in Toyota’s domestic market. Seven-seat models feature sliding captain seats with side-sliding mechanism and one-touch folding third-row seats. A low and flat floor improves cabin roominess while enhancing ingress and egress
Edited by VVTi
  • Like 2

Here is what I found:

For the record in Japan Regular gasoline is 90-92 Octane and High-Oct >=95 Oct.

1) Log of fuel consumption reports logged by owners in Japan

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/car/toyota/voxy_hybrid/nenpi/

Calculated average is 17.x kmpl...however if you look at the figures you see that most of the owners get between 14-16 kmpl (thus the median being around 15) whilst some get quite a lot more and some a lot less.

Compare that against the fuel logs for a gasoline version...

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/car/toyota/voxy/nenpi/

2) Here is another actual vs. manufacturer claimed fuel consumption report. These guys base it on long term use reviews.

http://kuru-ma.com/toyota/voxy.html

3) Here is another road test report done on various road types and combinations. However, the fuel figures are based only on the vehicle's fuel consumption indicator which might not necessarily be that accurate.

http://autoc-one.jp/nenpi/1739291/

On average you should be getting what you were hoping to get..the 16kmpl mark; but looking at the logs of some users (who still seem to get more than you) it might not entirely be a fault with the car but a result of patterns of usage...the way and where you drive or the loads you carry or it could well be your battery not charging fully (or not given the chance to do so because of where and how you drive it) or even something simple as under inflated tires.

Either way I concur with VVTi....there is something wrong either with you or the car. Since the car is new I am presuming you got some sort of warranty or services with it from whoever sold it to you. So you might as well get it checked out at least to make sure nothing is wrong with it. If nothing is wrong with it..then I guess you would need to "fix' yourself :D

Edited by iRage
  • Like 3

Here is what i found when I used the amazing tools called the BRAIN and GOOGLE.. going by this I'd say that something is wrong with your vehicle.

Please don't get confused as to think I am helping you here... I am just showing what an incompetent fool you are. It took me less than 10 seconds to get this info.

You should not be driving, let alone operating any machinery with the intellect you have.

Having said that, I think you should get your vehicle checked. All the forums I just read on says it does in excess of 20kmpls. THe 2.0l variat also does more than 16kmpls.

Haha you called me fool?? :D

this is how I got answered from you guys... don't you think to go and see a doc before talking about my intellect and calling me a fool... why some people think they know everything.... lol I bet I know more than you know about the laptops you dream of but I'm not gonna call you a fool :P

May be its doing low fuel consumption bcz engine is new?? Mileage is 1000KM at the moment... and I use 95 Octane.. :)

Thanks guys..... IRage really appreciated man......... cheers

Edited by Pericles

this is how I got answered from you guys... don't you think to go and see a doc before talking about my intellect and calling me a fool... why some people think they know everything.... lol I bet I know more than you know about the laptops you dream of but I'm not gonna call you a fool :P

May be its doing low fuel consumption bcz engine is new?? Mileage is 1000KM at the moment... and I use 95 Octane.. :)

Excellent analysis... perhaps the engine is not seasoned yet? You think??? Try pouring in a bit of Emery paste or some compound paste to the sump.. that might really smoothen up the bore and given you a better mileage.

I shouldn't have called you a fool. My apologies.

The term escapes my mind at the moment... :)

I am sorry, the laptop reference escapes me. Is that supposed to be funny? Or intellectual?

I don't think anybody would call you a fool given that you don't know about your vehicle and as you mentioned you too wouldn't call anybody a fool who doesn't know about laptops. If you are called a fool that's because of you don't use the existing resources. You can use your "Laptop" and someway to connect to the internet and find it out.

Honestly I too don't know about Voxy and I was ready to do some research and help you out with some resources. But after seeing your response to pug306xsi, I gave up.

The way of getting some help from people on any forum should not the way what you are doing here.

• Like 2

VVTi should not have called you a fool. No one can say that without medically diagnosing you. But we can say from your attitude that you're a lazy pompous j***a$$ with no common sense.

• Like 1

Does Toyota recommend the use of regular or high-oct gasoline for the car ? <again it has nothing to do with your low fuel consumption figure..I am just curious>

I can think of quite a few other reasons that are much less technical and more plausible than the engine breaking-in. Besides, you already have put in 1000kms far as I know in newer cars you don't have to clock in a LOT of kms for the engines to break-in.

Like I said before...why not just take it to someone and get it checked-out/diagnosed just to be on the safe side especially considering you are worried about it? If your warranty does not cover it...spending a few thousand on the check-up/diagnosis might be a whole lot cheaper than what could happen in the future if something was actually wrong. After all agonizing yourself over this and just talking about it and being inactive is rather foolish don't you think ?

Finally, I do agree with what the others have said (yes I am restraining myself...being Friday and all not to mention a nice day). I think the question you would have asked, thus the replies you would have gotten, would have been a whole lot different if you had done some research yourself.

• Like 2

Does Toyota recommend the use of regular or high-oct gasoline for the car ? <again it has nothing to do with your low fuel consumption figure..I am just curious>

I can think of quite a few other reasons that are much less technical and more plausible than the engine breaking-in. Besides, you already have put in 1000kms far as I know in newer cars you don't have to clock in a LOT of kms for the engines to break-in.

Like I said before...why not just take it to someone and get it checked-out/diagnosed just to be on the safe side especially considering you are worried about it? If your warranty does not cover it...spending a few thousand on the check-up/diagnosis might be a whole lot cheaper than what could happen in the future if something was actually wrong. After all agonizing yourself over this and just talking about it and being inactive is rather foolish don't you think ?

Finally, I do agree with what the others have said (yes I am restraining myself...being Friday and all not to mention a nice day). I think the question you would have asked, thus the replies you would have gotten, would have been a whole lot different if you had done some research yourself.

Thanks buddy,

I don't know why they made this forum, help each other or something else?? :D probably webmaster's intention was that but members.. If i can find the info I wanted on Google why should I made an account here.. it's useless dont you think??

it's better to ask from Japanese forum than here... lol

this is worst forum ever.. Im out.. stay calm Geniuses... :)

Edited by Pericles

Thanks buddy,

I don't know why they made this forum, help each other or something else?? :D probably webmaster's intention was that but members.. If i can find the info I wanted on Google why should I made an account here.. it's useless dont you think??

lol. you wouldn't get anything with this attitude. :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

He's better posting this on El*K*r*. The folks over there love hybrids, are all thel higannas trying to squeeze out extra 1km from their Bajaj Pulsars and they are experts on laptops too.

lol. you wouldn't get anything with this attitude. :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:
Thanks buddy,

• Like 1

Thanks buddy,

The forum isn't to help anybody. It is not a public service. Its just a collective of like minded people who like to talk about cars.

So you can get rid of your sense of entitlement.

And yes, we have nothing but contempt for people who make no effort and expect us to help them with things, they could have got sorted or found out by themselves. Why do you think anybody should waste their time for people who don't want to help themselves?

Thanks buddy,

YOu? getting help from a Jap forum?

You cant even google the question. How you gonna get help from the Japs?

ROFL!!!

• Like 2

Well my dad has a Noah Hybrid which was purchased a couple of months back (it's the same as the voxy in every detail except the styling) and it does 10-11 in town and about 16-17 on the highway. It is run in the city most of the time and nearly always in traffic so considering the size and weight of the thing and the fact that is basically a gen 3 Prius drivetrain those figures seem about right.

I'm guessing the Japanese claims are for a rather different driving cycle.

Well my dad has a Noah Hybrid which was purchased a couple of months back (it's the same as the voxy in every detail except the styling) and it does 10-11 in town and about 16-17 on the highway. It is run in the city most of the time and nearly always in traffic so considering the size and weight of the thing and the fact that is basically a gen 3 Prius drivetrain those figures seem about right.

I'm guessing the Japanese claims are for a rather different driving cycle.

This won't be needed anymore as the guy is searching on Jap forums

The forum isn't to help anybody. It is not a public service. Its just a collective of like minded people who like to talk about cars.

So you can get rid of your sense of entitlement.

And yes, we have nothing but contempt for people who make no effort and expect us to help them with things, they could have got sorted or found out by themselves. Why do you think anybody should waste their time for people who don't want to help themselves?

waah!!! way-to-go Don!!!!!

Welcome to the dark side :)