• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Lancer Ex - Optimal Fuel Consumption

dasunh

Do I sense a "Lancer EX Dream Loosers" FB page/group and petitions ?

Can't petition this one. This was companys violating existing procedure, not people being affected by a sudden change in government policy :)

Can't petition this one. This was companys violating existing procedure, not people being affected by a sudden change in government policy :)

Okay then :) just the FB group it shall be :)

but seriously....I thought the permit was for a value of 25000USD (does it include a maximum engine capacity ?)...so you can't get a decent Lancer EX valued for that price ? I remember a decently spec'd Galant Fortis Super Exceed being about 2.4 million yen including tax and registration and Exceeds running for a little bit less than that.

Okay then :) just the FB group it shall be :)

but seriously....I thought the permit was for a value of 25000USD (does it include a maximum engine capacity ?)...so you can't get a decent Lancer EX valued for that price ? I remember a decently spec'd Galant Fortis Super Exceed being about 2.4 million yen including tax and registration and Exceeds running for a little bit less than that.

The agents were doing some jilmart to get it under that limit and then putting a hefty agent fee on top. I think there is something wrong in the calculation. Probably the new government has cracked down on some of these practices making it not so profitable. This is obviously just a theory.

The agents were doing some jilmart to get it under that limit and then putting a hefty agent fee on top. I think there is something wrong in the calculation. Probably the new government has cracked down on some of these practices making it not so profitable. This is obviously just a theory.

That's the thing I can't understand...why was the jilmart necessary in the first place ? Its hard to imagine that thing cost more than the permit limit as it is...oh well....

That's the thing I can't understand...why was the jilmart necessary in the first place ? Its hard to imagine that thing cost more than the permit limit as it is...oh well....

It will be good to know the actual reasons. Mine was just a theory. I am not sure if UM was doing this but I know the BMW agent was doing this but that was for a higher value permit.

How can it cost over USD 25k, when in 2007 it was only USD 12.5k when I bought mine.

Any way useless agent, I was so p****d off with them even before I got the vehicle for the lousy service.

I don’t think I will ever buy Mitsubishi as long as they are the agents.

In any case Lancer is quite old in its life now, new model is not even seen in horizon due to resource issues at Mitsubishi

How can it cost over USD 25k, when in 2007 it was only USD 12.5k when I bought mine.

Any way useless agent, I was so p****d off with them even before I got the vehicle for the lousy service.

I don’t think I will ever buy Mitsubishi as long as they are the agents.

In any case Lancer is quite old in its life now, new model is not even seen in horizon due to resource issues at Mitsubishi

That's sad to hear.

• 1 year later...
On 3/4/2015 at 1:52 PM, Harry (aq) said:

Only tints. nothing else yet, had a plan to add the stock spoiler but then I bought my second Punto for wife. so any plans of mods for my Ex are postponed until I get stabilised with my cash flow.

May be, Spoiler, wind shields, the new stock audio/radio set up with the screen and new tints.

As panned, I managed to fix a spoiler, a fin, window visors and also new tints to my Ex...

Only the audio setup is left, which is inline hopefully towards the end of the year... 

IMAG1674-1.jpg

IMAG1675-1.jpg

Edited by Harry (aq)
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Harry (aq) said:

As panned, I managed to fix a spoiler, a fin, window visors and also new tints to my Ex...

Only the audio setup is left, which is inline hopefully towards the end of the year... 

Looking good! :)

• Like 1