• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Please Clarify On Vehicle Import Tax Concession For Paye Tax Payers

3MR

If you paid Rs250,000 PAYE tax annually for last 5 years, you are eligible for a permit.

To pay 250,000 PAYE tax annually, you have to have a 240k+ monthly salary :speechless-smiley-004:

Wrong info. Eligibility criteria is Rs. 250,000 Income tax (which includes PAYE) paid for 5 consecutive years prior to 2011. This permit is worthless. Tax reduction is only about 20%.

Wrong info. Eligibility criteria is Rs. 250,000 Income tax (which includes PAYE) paid for 5 consecutive years prior to 2011. This permit is worthless. Tax reduction is only about 20%.

not entirely worthless......... nowadays people sell it for around 2 million if I m not mistaken.

and the concession is 25% of the total duty

not entirely worthless......... nowadays people sell it for around 2 million if I m not mistaken.

and the concession is 25% of the total duty

That concession does seem rather pointless considering the price the permit is being sold for and other permits available ! I guess it depends on what you actually want to bring down.

If it's 5 consecutive years prior to 2011,

There would not be any one who would get newly qaulified under this scheme, however much tax they have paid after 2011.

Are you really sure it's before 2011 and not any 5 consecutive years ?

Thanks

For those who need clarification on the taxpayer permit scheme, I suggest calling the relevant section of the inland revenue department. Please don't show your typical moronism by waiting till someone spoon-feeds every bit of information to you.

Ill even post the number for you: 011-2134051 and here is their website: http://www.ird.gov.lk/

Now don't come back whining that the line is engaged or nobody picked up or shi*t like that

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1