• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Small Car Is Best To Buy

suneth6

Which Small car is best to buy  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which Small car is best to buy

• Maruti Suzuki ALTO
    • Hyundai EON

Did these guys(lolc motors) lose the dealership then?

Actually you are probably correct. They probably still have the dealership but don't import the 500. But ITMC have started to import the 500 in small quantities and stock parts for them, though as you can expect its a bit on the expensive side.

Actually you are probably correct. They probably still have the dealership but don't import the 500. But ITMC have started to import the 500 in small quantities and stock parts for them, though as you can expect its a bit on the expensive side.

Yeah I'd say the Fiat 500 is a very niche market car a bit like the VW Beetle or the Mini and if any comparison is to be made one would have to compare it with the Beetle or the Mini and not the humble little Maruti Alto.

That being said, if I were buying a small car I think I'd be looking to get the Alto. Much better value for money and overall a decent drive.

Yeah I'd say the Fiat 500 is a very niche market car a bit like the VW Beetle or the Mini and if any comparison is to be made one would have to compare it with the Beetle or the Mini and not the humble little Maruti Alto.

That being said, if I were buying a small car I think I'd be looking to get the Alto. Much better value for money and overall a decent drive.

There is also a case of the known devil being better than the unknown saint.

Eon is more futuristic than Alto (relatively) and has good interior and options. What we don't know is how reliable the engine is. Had read forums in India that Eon engine is not so smooth so does the gear box. Alto 800 have a refined version of well known F8D engine which is easy to maintain.

Futuristic? a car made in India for their own market for like 300,000 indian rupees?

Someone who has 5 million plus can think of futuristic cars. but if one wants a vehicle for a 1.5million budget in Sri Lanka and if the options are Hyundai Eon and Maruti Alto, the obvious choice is Maruti Alto.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
My Family just bought a Japanse Suzuki alto imported from Japan. 600cc, CVT transmisission. Around US $20K.

What was the price after duty was paid, as in the full cleared price. There was another guy looking for an unreg Jap car under 3 million, hence the question.

Interestingly the Alto sold in the UK has a 1L engine, not a 600cc.

• 2 months later...