• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Llumar Window Tints- Anyone Used Them?

gunat

Found out that Kle*n Pa*k no longer sells 3M products, and is pushing a different brand NDFOS (can't remember the spelling, but it's a set of letters)- i googled them on the spot, and found out it's a Korean brand (although the Sales guy said it was an American brand).

Hadn't heard of it, and looked around for other brands- found a small outfit on Rosmead Place called Wid*c does Llumar tinting on a small scale, but has similar pricing and guarantees.

Anyone used Llumar tinting? Experiences shared would be appreciated.

Cheers

Edited by gunat

Llumar is used quite a bit here in Qatar. 3M is the most popular but that's mostly due to the vendor's popularity here.

it's a little cheaper than 3M but carries the same 5 year warranty. I haven't noticed much of a difference in heat reduction between 3M (which I had) and llumar (friend's car)

Out of curiosity, how much did they quote and what's the vehicle?

Llumar is used quite a bit here in Qatar. 3M is the most popular but that's mostly due to the vendor's popularity here.

it's a little cheaper than 3M but carries the same 5 year warranty. I haven't noticed much of a difference in heat reduction between 3M (which I had) and llumar (friend's car)

Out of curiosity, how much did they quote and what's the vehicle?

Roughly 22k for front windows and windscreen (rear already has factory tints) for the clear film.

The car is a Fit RS (previous gen), which has a massive windscreen....unfortunately...

Found out that Kle*n Pa*k no longer sells 3M products, and is pushing a different brand NDFOS (can't remember the spelling, but it's a set of letters)- i googled them on the spot, and found out it's a Korean brand (although the Sales guy said it was an American brand).

Hadn't heard of it, and looked around for other brands- found a small outfit on Rosmead Place called Wid*c does Llumar tinting on a small scale, but has similar pricing and guarantees.

Anyone used Llumar tinting? Experiences shared would be appreciated.

Cheers

W*dac is not a small outfit, they are one of the oldest and most established interior companies in the country. They have been installing Llumar (established US brand) solar films for my OFFICE projects for the past 20 years. No complaints. Good service, prompt attention to any minor issues that arose during their 10 year warranty. However I have NO experience on their car tints but if the quality is the same as their commercial installations it should be good.

Kleenpark used to deal in 3M products, have done a few commercial projects with them but they have had high staff turnover and their present staff is frankly rubbish...clueless with bad attitude, and I've no idea about the NDFOS product (they claim it is used in the Samsung displays but I don't see how this is relevant nor find any info on the same)...I think they messed up the 3M brand and had it removed from them and now peddling this Korean product...may be good or may be garbage, no idea. Not impressed. They claim the NDFOS product is 3M equivalent or better. I'd be a bit hard pressed to believe that.

• Like 1

And what OFFICE would that be SeanD ?

Never you mind...I was indicating that I have only dealt with them for commercial work (anti-shatter and solar film for office windows), not car.

Edited by SeanD

• 1 year later...

Had to awaken this old thread, as the Shitbox heats up massively when compared to the Axio, quite apparent when the sun is on my side. Clearly automtovive glass technology has improved vastly in two decades. I hate tints, therefore need to install a transparent film that rejects heat. Any advice on what's currently available in the market? The local Carepoint wants to install tints, but I'm looking for alternatives first.

On 7/26/2016 at 0:21 PM, terrabytetango said:

Had to awaken this old thread, as the Shitbox heats up massively when compared to the Axio, quite apparent when the sun is on my side. Clearly automtovive glass technology has improved vastly in two decades. I hate tints, therefore need to install a transparent film that rejects heat. Any advice on what's currently available in the market? The local Carepoint wants to install tints, but I'm looking for alternatives first.

Try the 3M clear tint, it does a pretty solid job. Get it done from an authorized 3m Installer though. I did mine at Echo Zone on the kohuwala/pepiliyana road.

23 hours ago, Supra_Natural said:

Try the 3M clear tint, it does a pretty solid job. Get it done from an authorized 3m Installer though. I did mine at Echo Zone on the kohuwala/pepiliyana road.

Thanks, I'll give it a try during the weekend.