• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Axela Grades

harshana89

Yes, Supra. By that they have been able to maintain a significant difference between the cost of a 3 and a 6. They told they could bring down a 2016 3 for a total cost of 6 million rupees, and a 6 for 7 million. Yes, Mazda 2 is a gorgeous car too.

Yup those were the numbers I heard from them as well, both are a bit above my budget at the moment and anyway the 3 just doesn't appeal with the old engine and gearbox.

Â

Yup those were the numbers I heard from them as well, both are a bit above my budget at the moment and anyway the 3 just doesn't appeal with the old engine and gearbox.Â

But you already have a 6 ne? :D If I remember correctly, it was a second hand one.

So you wanna buy a brand new 6? That's great.

Edited by sathyajithj99

Yup those were the numbers I heard from them as well, both are a bit above my budget at the moment and anyway the 3 just doesn't appeal with the old engine and gearbox.

Get down a recon axela?

But you already have a 6 ne? :D If I remember correctly, it was a second hand one.

So you wanna buy a brand new 6? That's great.

I'm actually looking for a daily driver for myself, my good old hilux is being retired from daily driving duty after 23 years of service (10 of them with me). The 6 is used by my mother mostly.

Basically settled on getting a 2 Sedan.

I'm actually looking for a daily driver for myself, my good old hilux is being retired from daily driving duty after 23 years of service (10 of them with me). The 6 is used by my mother mostly.

Basically settled on getting a 2 Sedan.

How about that "cat" as a daily driver? ;D $$$$$$

Anyway congrats on Mazda 2 Supra.

Received this email from Co#oni@#s a few days back. Hope it will help someone interested in 2016 Mazda 3.(This is the only 3 you can get through agents)

BRAND NEW MAZDA 3 – 2016 MODEL Model Year : 2015/2016 Engine : DOHC 4 Cylinder 16 Valve Petrol Engine

Engine Displacement : 1598cc

Fuel System : Electronically Controlled Fuel Injection

Transmission : 4 Speed Trip-tronic Transmission

Max. Power : 104 bhp/ 6000 rpm

Max. Torque : 144 Nm / 4000 rpm

Suspension Front : McPherson Strut Coil springs with Stabilizer Bar.

Rear : Multi-link

Steering : Electric Power Assisted, Rack & Pinion

Brakes Front : Ventilated Disks

Rear : Solid Disc

Country of Origin : Japan

STANDARD FEATURES

Dual Air Bags

Antilock braking System (ABS)

Time Adjustable Rain Sensors

Automatic Head Lamps

Front Fog Lamps

Power Folding Side Mirrors with Turning Lamps

TFT Colour Display (On Dash)

Commander Control Switches

Radio CD Player, MP3 with 6 Speakers

Bluetooth Hands-free System

Back-up Monitoring System (Camera)

Control Switches on Steering Wheel

Cruise Control

Trip Computer

Push Start/ Stop System

Keyless Entry with Burglar Alarm System

Anti Dazzle Inner Mirror

Vanity Mirrors with Cover & Lamp

Cup holders

Digital Clock

Front & Rear Power Window

Electric Door Mirrors

Seat Belts for all seats

Luxury Cloth Upholstery

60:40 Foldable Seats

16’’Alloy Wheels with 205/60 R 16 Tires

Room & Trunk Lights

Stainless Steel Silencer Tail End

Body Coloured Bumpers

Outer Temperature Gauge

Deluxe Console

SELLING PRICE Rs.6,000,000/-

(All inclusive price)

GENERAL

Delivery : in coming shipment.

Warranty : 3 years or 100,000 Km whichever occurs first

Colour : As per manufacturer colour chart

Validity : 2 weeks from date of quotation.

Active Driving Display comes as a standard option for Mazda Axela Hybrid (Skyactiv) 2.0L for both S and S-L packages. :smilie_liebe9:

*Mazda 3 imported through agents does not include this option .

[img=http://pictures.dealer.com/a/agincourtmazdatc/1694/fda274dd31cfcbb38361ee612d23f423x.jpg]

However the axela doesn't have a tachometer for the big dial in the middle. In the axela it's a speedometer.

However the axela doesn't have a tachometer for the big dial in the middle. In the axela it's a speedometer.

Thanks for pointing that out Stig. The photo I pasted should be a 3 with Active Driving Display which we cannot bring down through agents.

So here is another difference

Mazda Axela

mazda3-goes-hybrid-as-japanese-axela-mod

Mazda 3

2014-Mazda3-instrument-cluster.jpg

Today checked a 2007 Axela (BK5P) with both Auto-Headlight + Auto-Wiper features, But it didn't had Auto AC (Climate Control).

Since there are only 2 variant 15C and 15F in Axela it seem that only Mazda 3 15F has this Auto Climate control Feature

Mazda axela has it too. You've got to find one. Mine has it even with a factory fitted sat nav which is very rare in 2008 Mazda 3s and Axelas'

The 2 also has the option of the Active driving display with the Tachometer in the middle just like the 3 in the above picture. Sadly we don't get it in our market, :( the only dashboard option is a central speedo and a tiny little tacho on the side.

The 2 also has the option of the Active driving display with the Tachometer in the middle just like the 3 in the above picture. Sadly we don't get it in our market, :( the only dashboard option is a central speedo and a tiny little tacho on the side.

We're missing a lot of good stuff Supra :(

Thanks for pointing that out Stig. The photo I pasted should be a 3 with Active Driving Display which we cannot bring down through agents.

So here is another difference

Mazda Axela

Mazda 3

Those displays come in the Axela in some variant or other.

What you have shown as Mazda 3 is also what you get in the Axela gasoline variant...

Mazda Axela 20S Touring

gallery_02.ts.1503231012390000.jpg

Mazda Axela 15C Sedan...I guess that is the tiny RPM meter Supra was talking about in the 2 ?

grade_sport_15c_img3.ts.1502240250064970

I guess Sri Lankans are wired to automatically think of the Hybrid variant when referring to the latest Axela.

Edited by iRage

What you have shown as Mazda 3 is also what you get in the Axela gasoline variant...I guess Sri Lankans are wired to automatically think of the Hybrid variant when referring to the latest Axela.

Mazda Axela 20S Touring

gallery_02.ts.1503231012390000.jpg

You are correct iRage. Here I'm just trying to compare the axelas and 3s we find in Sri Lanka. I know there are a lot more out there other than what we get here.

I'm only comparing

*Mazda 3 - 1.6L (Non-Skyactiv) ICE which is the only thing we can get through agents &

*Mazda Axela -2L Skyactiv (Hybrid)

Wait so there is an axela sky active non hybrid? Did not know that.

I guess it makes no sense to bring it down since it will fall under the 2L tax bracket.

Wait so there is an axela sky active non hybrid? Did not know that.

I guess it makes no sense to bring it down since it will fall under the 2L tax bracket.

Yes...there is a SkyActive non Hybrid...in both Gasoline and Diesel variants. The diesel is even Turbo charged ! Even comes with a 6 MT and it was a hoot to drive :D and I see them quite a lot in Japan.

Yes...no one brings it to SL because of the tax.

Yes...there is a SkyActive non Hybrid...in both Gasoline and Diesel variants. The diesel is even Turbo charged ! Even comes with a 6 MT and it was a hoot to drive :D and I see them quite a lot in Japan.

Yes...no one brings it to SL because of the tax

Can't they bring down 1.5G Skyactive 3 at least? :speechless-smiley-019: I mean the agents?

Edited by sathyajithj99

Can't they bring down 1.5G Skyactive 3 at least? :speechless-smiley-019: I mean the agents?

Well if you go order it they would.

Seriously doubt the car sales would bring one down on their own accord as they would much rather sell what the masses are hungry for and those are Hybrids.

Well if you go order it they would.

Seriously doubt the car sales would bring one down on their own accord as they would much rather sell what the masses are hungry for and those are Hybrids.

Coloni@l brings down Mazda 3 Non-Skyactiv (1.6L) ICE for 6 million rupees. They say it's the only version of Mazda 3 that they import.

They also bring down Mazda 6 Skyactiv 2.0L for 7 million rupees.

So my point is why can't they bring down a Mazda 3 Skyactiv 1.5G to SL. If they do so ,they will be able to give it for something around 6.5 million rupees. Don't you think iRage?

By that , we'll be able to have a 3 with Skyactiv technology and a comparatively new gear box for a reasonable price. (not to mention the 3 they bring down here has the old 4 speed AT)

And also we'll get the additional features such as Bi-xenon discharge lamps and day time running lamps. :smilie_liebe9:

Edited by sathyajithj99

I have tried to bring down a non hybrid axela (1.5/2l) through an importer. But none of them were interested. They all were busy with premios and axios. Did not even try to check one. And finally settled with agent for regular 3. I have opened a thread to get support in decision making.

• 3 weeks later...