• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Water In Fuel Sensor For Mitsubishi J44 (4Dr5)

Nishan.dj

Question

Hi guys,

Happy New Year to all of you.

I am looking for a way of fixing a water in fuel sensor for my J44. I have heard some vehicles have it but have no idea about those and never seen a fixed one.

I had a terrible experience of having water in my fuel filter recently and most probably it's from a well maintained fuel station ;)

Please share if you have any idea about this and also the possible ways of doing it. Thanks so much in advance.

7 answers to this question

any ordinary diesel filter would have this. Only challenge you would have is sourcing a 24V one.

You mean the ones which came recently?

Will it be possible to get it fixed to the place where the current diesel filter is located?

Else do I have to add another filter in between fuel tank and the original oil filter. ?

I guess you can do 2 things.

A water sensor isn't complicated. You can fabricate a simple one yourself and fit it carefuly your existing fuel filter assembly area which separates water from fuel. This is not always possible. You might even be able to borrow one from another vehicle.

Take the fuel filter housing from a more modern vehicle with the sensor and fix it in to yours. Note that from then onwards you will need to use a fuel filter for that vehicle. You will need to wire up the sensor to a light or something in the dash. Since they are likely to be 12v you might need a to wire in the power from 1 of the batteries directly. Just a very crude idea.

You mean the ones which came recently? Will it be possible to get it fixed to the place where the current diesel filter is located? Else do I have to add another filter in between fuel tank and the original oil filter. ?
I guess you can do 2 things.

A water sensor isn't complicated. You can fabricate a simple one yourself and fit it carefuly your existing fuel filter assembly area which separates water from fuel. This is not always possible. You might even be able to borrow one from another vehicle.

Take the fuel filter housing from a more modern vehicle with the sensor and fix it in to yours. Note that from then onwards you will need to use a fuel filter for that vehicle. You will need to wire up the sensor to a light or something in the dash. Since they are likely to be 12v you might need a to wire in the power from 1 of the batteries directly. Just a very crude idea.

no need to be a modern one. Even my 1987 townace has it. Probably you can source a one came for a Toyoace or something which is 24v

no need to be a modern one. Even my 1987 townace has it. Probably you can source a one came for a Toyoace or something which is 24v

Thanks. It is ideal to have a 24v one. Will there be any compatibility issue such as lack of fuel flow or any other? Thanks.