• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Primera Hp12 Gt Advice

Devinda_V

Question

Hi guys im back in the forum after good 6 years ... i have a year 1999 carina gt as my daily driver and i just paid advance for a year 2001 nissan primera gt (hp12) & will be taking delivery this Friday the first owner of this car was Mr Wahab and the current owner used it for last 4 years and needs some work done ...

Need advice from hp12 owners both current and previous on restoring this ride to its former glory .....

01- where can i get a throttle body, h2o sensor, cluch and pressure plate locally

02- Advice on a proper tune-up ( Car haven't been serviced for last 8000 km , not reving up beyond 4500rpm , error codes for throttle body controller and oxy sensor )

Waiting for your replys .....

Edited by Devinda_V

24 answers to this question

Based on my experience dealing with A*W, i'd say go straight to the workshop on Union Place

Talk to Jayawardene - he's a service advisor who is familiar working with the SR motors

They have a technician (Rangana) there who used to own an HP12 and took the effort to put one right so they should be able to sort you out

Have them hook it out to the Nissan "Consult II" diagnostic before you go about buying parts

Some of the parts i found to be cheaper getting directly from them. For others you can try Saiboo at Pioneer Motors in Panchikawatte

• Like 1

As much as I wanted to believe in the expertise of the A*W crew, I Was rather disappointing with the way they handled the RB25 of the Laurel.

a) To diagnose a simple miss in the car, they wanted to do a compression test. They did, and charged me for the work. Miss was due to water in one of the COPs.. :) Why would any mechanic do a compression test on a car that has done only 86000Kms according to their own records is beyond me.

B) When asked how soon I should change the T Belt, they started scratching their collective balls and started debating with me that the RB is a Chain driven engine... :) I did not want to argue with clearly greater minds... :).

c) They do not carry a SINGLE PART for a Laurel, their excuse... 'We didn't import it'.

d) The Service Advisers are monkeys. They patronize you as if you were born yesterday and try to sound like Mr Scott and you just allowed them to work on the Enterprise... :)

As much as I wanted to believe in the expertise of the A*W crew, I Was rather disappointing with the way they handled the RB25 of the Laurel.

a) To diagnose a simple miss in the car, they wanted to do a compression test. They did, and charged me for the work. Miss was due to water in one of the COPs.. :) Why would any mechanic do a compression test on a car that has done only 86000Kms according to their own records is beyond me.

B) When asked how soon I should change the T Belt, they started scratching their collective balls and started debating with me that the RB is a Chain driven engine... :) I did not want to argue with clearly greater minds... :).

c) They do not carry a SINGLE PART for a Laurel, their excuse... 'We didn't import it'.

d) The Service Advisers are monkeys. They patronize you as if you were born yesterday and try to sound like Mr Scott and you just allowed them to work on the Enterprise... :)

Clearly things have changed for the worst in the last 4 years :(

Oddly though i actually used a number of interchangeable suspension components from older Laurels for which they carried stock when i needed bits for the Z32 :o

Sad to hear the current state of affairs either way

Pioneer stocks every part. Not surprisingly things like Bushes and ball joints are a expected common among many platforms. But I do not expect them to know that or best case scenario, share the info with you.

Meanwhile, I am in the process of getting rack ends, lower arm bushes and other wiggly bits replaced in the front yesterday and today. Usual suspect in Seeduwa is on the job and I am not even bothered calling to find out the progress.

For the OP, I suggest that he takes the car to a competent mechanic, do a few test runs and start on the work one at a time.

To start off, get the service done. Clean the throttle plate, change the plugs and injectors and see.

For all parts, try Pioneer like Devinda Z said.

Based on my experience dealing with A*W, i'd say go straight to the workshop on Union Place

Talk to Jayawardene - he's a service advisor who is familiar working with the SR motors

They have a technician (Rangana) there who used to own an HP12 and took the effort to put one right so they should be able to sort you out

Have them hook it out to the Nissan "Consult II" diagnostic before you go about buying parts

Some of the parts i found to be cheaper getting directly from them. For others you can try Saiboo at Pioneer Motors in Panchikawatte

Thanx Devinda_z ..... If you can recall you helped me solved the ecu problem of a carina AT 192 like 7 years back thru Prasad ... he helped me out with my 1999 carina gt few months back as well ... thanx again for that ! taking the delivery of the car tomorrow .. will visit A*W and see what they have to say after a service and a tuneup ! fingers crossed ! Do you know any one who ones a HP12 currently ???

Thnx VVTI .... taking the delivery tomorrow ... then have to do a full service with all the lubricants flushed ... and hopefully a tuneup with plugs changed from Au** For** ! then lets see how it goes from there ... Thnx bro

Thanx Devinda_z ..... If you can recall you helped me solved the ecu problem of a carina AT 192 like 7 years back thru Prasad ... he helped me out with my 1999 carina gt few months back as well ... thanx again for that ! taking the delivery of the car tomorrow .. will visit A*W and see what they have to say after a service and a tuneup ! fingers crossed ! Do you know any one who ones a HP12 currently ???

If you know Prasad already he should be able to help sort you out with the Primera as well.

Quick update ....... Went for the echo test today & failed everything ! :speechless-smiley-004:

The horses are not lost, they are still under the hood but not well, they just need some good resuscitation :D

The SR20VE has 220 i think (the turbo one SR20VET has 280 but i don't think it came with the primera.)

PS- More pics of this beauty please, Me likes Nissan GTs

Edited by Clark's son

The horses are not lost, they are still under the hood but not well, they just need some good resuscitation :D

The SR20VE has 220 i think (the turbo one SR20VET has 280 but i don't think it came with the primera.)

PS- More pics of this beauty please, Me likes Nissan GTs

Its seen locally on the X Trail GT's and I believe the DET is what powers the Silvia

damn ... just checked the prices with Pio***r for the hub rear hub razors and clutch / pressure set .. fuuu .... 85k ! thou its genuine do u guys think its worth ??

Are the razors integrated with the hub?

For the clutch kit a genuine Exedy kit will also suffice, but it needs to be genuine. If the hubs are integrated into the razors it might cost pretty penny I'm afraid.

Just to give you a heads up. If you ever want to buy the genuine item from the A M W with a 15% discount, just go to their Pitstop workshop and get some work done. They will give you their Privilege membership after you fill the papers. Then you can use that when you purchase items from any A M W outlet to avail 15% discount. What I did was a simple brake oil flush. It cost me around Rs2500. I still wonder why did they give away the privilege membership for that little money :P

Edited by NRX
  • Like 1

Are the razors integrated with the hub?

For the clutch kit a genuine Exedy kit will also suffice, but it needs to be genuine. If the hubs are integrated into the razors it might cost pretty penny I'm afraid.

yess razors comes with the hubs ... bought a pair of NTN ( japan) hub-razors for 21000 ........ think its a decent price !

yess razors comes with the hubs ... bought a pair of NTN ( japan) hub-razors for 21000 ........ think its a decent price !

Yeah sounds decent. Thats why they are expensive. The razors themselves would be a lot lot cheaper.

Hi guys ..... update on the primera Gt ... replaced the hub razors , all break pads , plugs , battery & did a complete service with all the lubricants changed ( not the transmission) .. switched to coolant from water ...car looks and feels great . Now in search of Clutch & pressure plates , cant go with genuine , any recommendations apart from exedy ?

running a little low in funds :sad-smiley-058: