• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Demio Service

aruna1

Hi Guys,

I'm planing to take my demio to A*W service station for the service.

I'm planing to replace oil filter,air filter and fuel filter along with the engine oil.

I'm thinking about purchase above parts and give them to A*W instead using their own.

Any suggestions on where I can get quality matching parts? and how much will they cost?

and is it cheper do give them a OIL can or should I use OIL from A*W? (I think they use castrol)

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I'm planing to take my demio to A*W service station for the service.

I'm planing to replace oil filter,air filter and fuel filter along with the engine oil.

I'm thinking about purchase above parts and give them to A*W instead using their own.

Any suggestions on where I can get quality matching parts? and how much will they cost?

and is it cheper do give them a OIL can or should I use OIL from A*W? (I think they use castrol)

Thanks

Pitstop offers a fairly good service solution. I'm not sure why you would take to A*W though... (maybe you meant Pit Stop).

You can check with the Mazda agent Colonial and see what your car costs to service there.

As for filters if Genuine is too expensive VIC is the next best option. Don't use anything else. For prices you will have to pick up the telephone and call the dealers. Rainbow and Gamlath in Panchi deal with Mazda spares.

If you are going to supply all the parts and oil why go to A*W or anybody else. You can go to your local garage, get all the filters and oil changed, take it to a car wash and get the car washed. Thats all what a service is.

Pitstop offers a fairly good service solution. I'm not sure why you would take to A*W though... (maybe you meant Pit Stop).

You can check with the Mazda agent Colonial and see what your car costs to service there.

As for filters if Genuine is too expensive VIC is the next best option. Don't use anything else. For prices you will have to pick up the telephone and call the dealers. Rainbow and Gamlath in Panchi deal with Mazda spares.

If you are going to supply all the parts and oil why go to A*W or anybody else. You can go to your local garage, get all the filters and oil changed, take it to a car wash and get the car washed. Thats all what a service is.

Hi Don

thanks for the reply.

my friend recommended A*W as he got service done on his swift and he was very happy with it.

I would like to stick to one service station with a reputed name who will maintain a service record so when I'm going to sell the car, it would be an advantage.

I own a Demio and do my service at Colonial. Nothing to complain about their jobs so far. But you need to be prepared to give them a good 6 hours to complete the service. Here's my last service invoice which will give you an idea about the cost.

Oil filter = 1,943/=

Air filter = 6,188/=

Oil (Castrol 10W40 4 litres) = 3,996/=

Labour charges = 3,057/=

Sundries = 666/=

Total = Rs. 15,850/=

The cost came to 15k+ since the air filter was changed. It is usually about 10k.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Sameera Gunasinghe
  • Like 2

Hi Don

thanks for the reply.

my friend recommended A*W as he got service done on his swift and he was very happy with it.

I would like to stick to one service station with a reputed name who will maintain a service record so when I'm going to sell the car, it would be an advantage.

Yes but A*W are agents for Suzuki. They aren't for Mazda......

I own a Demio and do my service at Colonial. Nothing to complain about their jobs so far. But you need to be prepared to give them a good 6 hours to complete the service. Here's my last service invoice which will give you an idea about the cost.

Oil filter = 1,943/=

Air filter = 6,188/=

Oil (Castrol 10W40 4 litres) = 3,996/=

Labour charges = 3,057/=

Sundries = 666/=

Total = Rs. 15,850/=

The cost came to 15k+ since the air filter was changed. It is usually about 10k.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Sameera,

I purchased VIC brand air filter and oil filter from a dealer in my town.

Air filter - 2750

Oil Filter - 860

I will ask A*W to use OIL from their place. they use Castrol.

According to them Basic service without parts will be about 5250/- so I' expecting around 10000/- total cost.

Will update about the service on Saturday with exact cost details.

Yes but A*W are agents for Suzuki. They aren't for Mazda......

Ya I know, but they also do other vehicles. Colonial seems too expensive for me as I'm on a tight budget.

Thanks Sameera,

I purchased VIC brand air filter and oil filter from a dealer in my town.

Air filter - 2750

Oil Filter - 860

I will ask A*W to use OIL from their place. they use Castrol.

According to them Basic service without parts will be about 5250/- so I' expecting around 10000/- total cost.

Will update about the service on Saturday with exact cost details.

Ya I know, but they also do other vehicles. Colonial seems too expensive for me as I'm on a tight budget.

Oil Filter - 860

Air Filter - 2750

Labor - 5250

Oil - 4000

Total - 12860

How are you going to get it done for 10k?

Besides, seems like labor charge of Colonial (3057) seems cheaper, doesn't it? Won't Colonial do the labor with the parts that you supplied?

As Don said, there are cheaper alternatives with 'reputed' name to do these simple stuff who will also maintain records if you are really on a tight budget.

Don't go on tight budgets for everything (running repairs etc) and expect an advantage when selling the car.

If you are on a tight budget, get the oil and filter changes done at the local garage, and take it to the local service station for an underbody wash and clean.

I do my servicing at GTA service station Pagoda which is my local. This is for convenience more than anything else as I can walk home after dropping the cars there. I heard PitStop is very good, but I don't see much value they can add on a service.

I sometimes get my mechanic to do the oil change as service stations have a habit of substituting low quality filters etc when the VIC version is not available. To be honest changing filters and oil, I can do myself, but considering the garage cost and the fact I have to find a way of disposing/ resycling the oil, its eaiser to get the mech to do it.

Oil Filter - 860

Air Filter - 2750

Labor - 5250

Oil - 4000

Total - 12860

Besides, seems like labor charge of Colonial (3057) seems cheaper, doesn't it? Won't Colonial do the labor with the parts that you supplied?

As Don said, there are cheaper alternatives with 'reputed' name to do these simple stuff who will also maintain records if you are really on a tight budget.

Don't go on tight budgets for everything (running repairs etc) and expect an advantage when selling the car.

5250 for labor ??? :sad-smiley-058: go to your garage and ask them to do it. Changing oil/filters are pretty straight forward processes. You can do them easily. To change oil filter, you may need a special tool though.

Hi Guys,

sorry for the late reply

Oil Filter - 860

Air Filter - 2750

Labor - 5250

Oil - 4000

Total - 12860

Ya I know, but I'm hoping to save some on oil, apperently my friend was billed 2k+ for castrol for his service. I'm going for the service tomorrow and after that I'll post here about exact cost

If you are on a tight budget, get the oil and filter changes done at the local garage, and take it to the local service station for an underbody wash and clean.

I do my servicing at GTA service station Pagoda which is my local. This is for convenience more than anything else as I can walk home after dropping the cars there. I heard PitStop is very good, but I don't see much value they can add on a service.

I sometimes get my mechanic to do the oil change as service stations have a habit of substituting low quality filters etc when the VIC version is not available. To be honest changing filters and oil, I can do myself, but considering the garage cost and the fact I have to find a way of disposing/ resycling the oil, its eaiser to get the mech to do it.

5250 for labor ??? :sad-smiley-058: go to your garage and ask them to do it. Changing oil/filters are pretty straight forward processes. You can do them easily. To change oil filter, you may need a special tool though.

Ya, but A*W does waxing and full car report so seems worth it

ok got it done,

Air filter (VIC) = 2750

Oil Filter (VIC)=860

Labour charges= 4400

Sunries = 721.50

Castrol (10W40) magnetic 3.5L = 3919.97

Total = 12651.47 :sport-smiley-027::sport-smiley-027::sport-smiley-027:

Even though it was expensive, service was good. they did it carefully and in satisfactory level.

Also provided me a inspection report vehicle.

I spent Rs. 15,850/= to get the same thing done at Colonial Motors (with original Mazda parts of course). It came down to the price of the air filter. So, for the service which doesn't involve air filter changing you'll have to pay more at the PitStop. That's interesting.

I recommend you to service your car at Colonial Motors if it is not too inconvenient for you. If their parts are too expensive, just buy those yourself. They will use those.

Just found out from <a href='http://www.mazdalanka.lk/contact-us.html'>here</a> that they have a service centre in Battaramulla as well! About 1500km to go for the first service after the purchase and I'll probably ask my father to go there since the location is really convenient for him.

Edited by Davy

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys,

Its me again.

Can some one please suggest me the correct transmission oil for Demio 2009, normal Auto ? (not CVT) and its cost?

and I have 51000Km on ODO, when should I do the break oil change & engine tune up?

Edited by aruna1