• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Choosing The Aftermarket Perfect-Fit Dvd Navi Upgrade - Toyota/ Mitsubishi, Subaru

shimotor

Article is relevant to Toyota users in General and Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, Montero 2010 up, Lancer Ex 2010 and Subaru XV owners 2014.

It’s been ages that I logged into Auto Lanka. I was thinking of sharing some information concerning Car Audio upgrades for all those new car buyers and for the ones who are planning to swap their Jap Nav system to any aftermarket solution.

I have been in the car audio scene for a bit and I thought it might help someone if I share some insights to selecting the Perfect fir DVD system for 200mm size car stereo slot. Most cars I have put on top has 200mm spec. Find picture attached to see difference between universal 2din (180mm) and 200mm 2din .

post-2790-0-87177400-1435940654_thumb.jp

If you do a quick drive to few car audio vendors, you will notice there are so many options to choose from. Varying from Chinese non branded to branded solutions. I am not going to entertain any Chinese non brands here for the simple reasons of them being very low quality, non durable, lack of spares and after sales service and it’s very hard to distinguish between different variations of Chinese players unless your an expert.

Having said, I recommend anyone to go with any of the most popular brands in Sri Lanka. The three most famous brands at moment are JVC, Kenwood, and Pioneer in alphabetical order. Kenwood has the largest market share (due to large dealer network and 2 years warranty and after sales service) and Pioneer (Playing catch up) and JVC (been silent for a while) share almost similar shares (some how I feel Pioneer is in second place but cant be certain. (Information is based on my knowledge and not by any statistical review so please don't panic I may be wrong)

Brands such as JVC, Kenwood, and Pioneer offer a variety of solutions that fits the Toyota cars. To my knowledge, JVC does not offer a Toyota specific model (200MM size) yet, they offer universal solutions that fit Toyota with the help of two trim brackets to cover the extra space available on either side. The JVC model I am referring to is a KW-V40BT or its newer bother KW-V41BT, is an economical solutions compared to the equivalent models from Kenwood and Pioneer. Local JVC agent is Gilbert Car Audio, if you need further information and any dealer information call them up.

However, the best-fit models for the Toyota are offered by Kenwood and Pioneer brands (So far). The 200M model offered by Pioneer is the AVH-XL5750BT. Damro is the agent for Pioneer in Sri Lanka and you can find out the nearest dealer if you call them up. The best-fit model from Kenwood is DDX-615WBT. in fact Kenwood offer 3 more models if you plan on settling for a higher spec model, and a low end version (universal converted to a 200MM using a special facelift plate) which I am not a big fan of. However, the best and economical models are the above listed model codes. If you are after Kenwood, Pet#o Lanka is the local agent. Call them up to locate the closest dealer.

One thing to keep in mind is that most of these models will soon be replaced with 2015-2016 models somewhere in November. Not sure, who is first to do a model change but JVC first, then Pioneer and Kenwood is the last to release if I am not mistaken. But till then you can use this as a guide.

Until recently, most of the branded DVD systems could not offer GPS Navigation with Sri Lankan maps. Now there is a solution for that. Navgo Electronics offers aftermarket external plug- in navigation interfaces for OEM screens and branded DVD players. The Navgo interface converts a standard DVD player (such as a JVC or a Kenwood) to a navigation DVD player. So all those JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer DVD owners can enjoy Navigation just as the built in solution. So if you are looking for a branded DVD with navigation features, bundle your purchase with a Navgo interface. Most of the time local maps are pre-installed. (Either Sala ProSat or CityGuide depending on the vendor). I am not sure who the local agent is at this point but you can go www.navgoelectronics.com to get more details. Most reputed car audio dealers offer this. Again, this is a branded solution made to work and meet the performance requirements of DVD players such as JVC, Kenwood, and pioneer. You may come across fake copy products and I don’t have to explain all over again what you experience might be if you decide to go for any of that.

The above models are also relevant to all Mitsubishi Montero, Outlander. Lancer Ex and Subaru XV owners. The perfect fit for these are a 200mm face DVD.

PS: There are few other high end solutions offered by the above brands but for many I believe the value for money is what I have listed out. Also there are other good Chinese/Taiwan DVD brands such as Caska, Necvox, Adayo, FourYou etc who build quality products. So when you shop get it from a reputable dealer. Keep in mind "A good product creates a brand, after sales service is what keeps that brand alive".

For those who didn’t know specs:

*- Double Din stands for the 2DIN or ISO universal DIN size 2 the width is 180MM

*_ 200MM is a size specially came in with TOYOTA brand cars. The stereo sizes extended to 200mm

*_ Trim brackets 10mm ear panels that covers the excess area left on either sides when you install a double din (180mm).

• Like 5

Article is relevant to Toyota users in General and Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, Montero 2010 up, Lancer Ex 2010 and Subaru XV owners 2014.

It’s been ages that I logged into Auto Lanka. I was thinking of sharing some information concerning Car Audio upgrades for all those new car buyers and for the ones who are planning to swap their Jap Nav system to any aftermarket solution.

I have been in the car audio scene for a bit and I thought it might help someone if I share some insights to selecting the Perfect fir DVD system for 200mm size car stereo slot. Most cars I have put on top has 200mm spec. Find picture attached to see difference between universal 2din (180mm) and 200mm 2din .

attachicon.gifhead-unit-buyer-guide-double-din-vs-200mm.jpg

If you do a quick drive to few car audio vendors, you will notice there are so many options to choose from. Varying from Chinese non branded to branded solutions. I am not going to entertain any Chinese non brands here for the simple reasons of them being very low quality, non durable, lack of spares and after sales service and it’s very hard to distinguish between different variations of Chinese players unless your an expert.

Having said, I recommend anyone to go with any of the most popular brands in Sri Lanka. The three most famous brands at moment are JVC, Kenwood, and Pioneer in alphabetical order. Kenwood has the largest market share (due to large dealer network and 2 years warranty and after sales service) and Pioneer (Playing catch up) and JVC (been silent for a while) share almost similar shares (some how I feel Pioneer is in second place but cant be certain. (Information is based on my knowledge and not by any statistical review so please don't panic I may be wrong)

Brands such as JVC, Kenwood, and Pioneer offer a variety of solutions that fits the Toyota cars. To my knowledge, JVC does not offer a Toyota specific model (200MM size) yet, they offer universal solutions that fit Toyota with the help of two trim brackets to cover the extra space available on either side. The JVC model I am referring to is a KW-V40BT or its newer bother KW-V41BT, is an economical solutions compared to the equivalent models from Kenwood and Pioneer. Local JVC agent is Gilbert Car Audio, if you need further information and any dealer information call them up.

However, the best-fit models for the Toyota are offered by Kenwood and Pioneer brands (So far). The 200M model offered by Pioneer is the AVH-XL5750BT. Damro is the agent for Pioneer in Sri Lanka and you can find out the nearest dealer if you call them up. The best-fit model from Kenwood is DDX-615WBT. in fact Kenwood offer 3 more models if you plan on settling for a higher spec model, and a low end version (universal converted to a 200MM using a special facelift plate) which I am not a big fan of. However, the best and economical models are the above listed model codes. If you are after Kenwood, Pet#o Lanka is the local agent. Call them up to locate the closest dealer.

One thing to keep in mind is that most of these models will soon be replaced with 2015-2016 models somewhere in November. Not sure, who is first to do a model change but JVC first, then Pioneer and Kenwood is the last to release if I am not mistaken. But till then you can use this as a guide.

Until recently, most of the branded DVD systems could not offer GPS Navigation with Sri Lankan maps. Now there is a solution for that. Navgo Electronics offers aftermarket external plug- in navigation interfaces for OEM screens and branded DVD players. The Navgo interface converts a standard DVD player (such as a JVC or a Kenwood) to a navigation DVD player. So all those JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer DVD owners can enjoy Navigation just as the built in solution. So if you are looking for a branded DVD with navigation features, bundle your purchase with a Navgo interface. Most of the time local maps are pre-installed. (Either Sala ProSat or CityGuide depending on the vendor). I am not sure who the local agent is at this point but you can go www.navgoelectronics.com to get more details. Most reputed car audio dealers offer this. Again, this is a branded solution made to work and meet the performance requirements of DVD players such as JVC, Kenwood, and pioneer. You may come across fake copy products and I don’t have to explain all over again what you experience might be if you decide to go for any of that.

The above models are also relevant to all Mitsubishi Montero, Outlander. Lancer Ex and Subaru XV owners. The perfect fit for these are a 200mm face DVD.

PS: There are few other high end solutions offered by the above brands but for many I believe the value for money is what I have listed out. Also there are other good Chinese/Taiwan DVD brands such as Caska, Necvox, Adayo, FourYou etc who build quality products. So when you shop get it from a reputable dealer. Keep in mind "A good product creates a brand, after sales service is what keeps that brand alive".

For those who didn’t know specs:

*- Double Din stands for the 2DIN or ISO universal DIN size 2 the width is 180MM

*_ 200MM is a size specially came in with TOYOTA brand cars. The stereo sizes extended to 200mm

*_ Trim brackets 10mm ear panels that covers the excess area left on either sides when you install a double din (180mm).

Does this work for JDM Japanese Pioneer Carrozzeria set ups?

Magnum, yes I think it will work for carrozzeria,

I have a pioneer avh-xl5750bt in my toyota hilux with a navgo electronics external plug and it works perfectly well, and it is also available in leading car audio suppliers, I was amazed to see the response of navgo external plug has, and now i'm willing to buy another one for my brothers subaru xv also

• 3 months later...

After Considering between Kenwood DDX615WBT and Pioneer AVH-XL5750BT decide to go with the Kenwood one for Toyota Axio mainly because of the Price (DDX615WBT ~52-54K / AVH-XL5750BT ~62-67K). Only "real" disadvantage of this choice is the loss of MP4/MKV video playback capability which pioneer unit has. Other than that all other formats can be played from CD/DVD/USB on DDX615WBT. On Kenwood side have seen DDX715WBT which has comparable feature like the AVH-XL5750BT for the same price range.

29fqmtd.jpg

Edited by Ganu88