• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Fb15 Ex 2003

Hiranga

Question

I recently bought a Nissan FB15 Ex Saloon, M.Y - 2003 and R.Y - 2006 for 2.2 million,

Color - White

Transmission - Auto

I am just like to know is it worth that Money..

I heard that there isn't a Timing Belt, So What are the Regular Services that it has to reach..

P.S. - After all this is my First Car, So Advises are considered important...

Comments on here are warmly welcome.....

Thanks...!!!!

:speechless-smiley-003::speechless-smiley-003::speechless-smiley-003::speechless-smiley-003:

I recently bought a Nissan FB15 Ex Saloon, M.Y - 2003 and R.Y - 2006 for 2.2 million,

Color - White

Transmission - Auto

I am just like to know is it worth that Money..

I heard that there isn't a Timing Belt, So What are the Regular Services that it has to reach..

P.S. - After all this is my First Car, So Advises are considered important...

Comments on here are warmly welcome.....

Thanks...!!!!

:speechless-smiley-003::speechless-smiley-003::speechless-smiley-003::speechless-smiley-003:

Since you already bought the car I don't see the point of asking if the price was worth it other than to screw with yourself on your own....if you are happy with the car..just leave it at that...I have no idea what the price for these things are...

Since it is a 2003 is your EX Saloon a 70th Anniversary edition ?

Anyway...the FB15 comes with a QG15DE engine which is chain driven. So yes..there is no belt or need for a belt chain. I read on some technical forums of people still swapping out the chain or at the very least making adjustments and inspecting anywhere between 150K-200K which is apparently when things like the water pump needs servicing.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

Congratz on your purchase... post some pics for us to see :)

But I think an fb15 for 2.2 is way too high... The YOM-2007/08 N17 also goes for around 2.1 million....

Anyways enjoy the ride and welcome to the Nissan Family!

Ha Ha, Thanks bro, Yeah But Car was in Somewhat great Condition, It was an offer that couldn't refuse,

I love the way it looks,

I will post some pics soon,

Thanks for sharing your ideas

Cheers :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Since you already bought the car I don't see the point of asking if the price was worth it other than to screw with yourself on your own....if you are happy with the car..just leave it at that...I have no idea what the price for these things are...

Since it is a 2003 is your EX Saloon a 70th Anniversary edition ?

Anyway...the FB15 comes with a QG15DE engine which is chain driven. So yes..there is no belt or need for a belt chain. I read on some technical forums of people still swapping out the chain or at the very least making adjustments and inspecting anywhere between 150K-200K which is apparently when things like the water pump needs servicing.

In other words you are correct, I asked the Price range to get my self an idea about my first car,

Actually I don't know anything about the 70th anniversary.. I will keep on search on it,

Thanks for sharing bro..

Engine seems to be fine up to now, Car needs a Full service from an agent...

CHEERS!!!! :sad-smiley-067::sad-smiley-067:

This is the face lifted version right? If that so the price might be just about right. N16/N17 just don't seem to have a second hand market like the FB15.

Yes Yes, The New shell model,

I heard that the Face lifted version is somewhat higher in their market value

This is a sweet deal. 2003 FB15 for 2.2Mn is just the right price. Given the fabulous condition & KX-XXX number plate this seems like a bargain. Congratz on your purchase!

Can you elaborate the reasons for your statement?

Or tell us what are the options that are available in the 2003 edition, which are not available in the normal FB15?

As crosswind stated, unless you owned it before how can you say this car is in fabulous condition by looking at just one picture?

And just because the number series is "K" do you call it fabulous?

• Like 1

Or tell us what are the options that are available in the 2003 edition, which are not available in the normal FB15?

AFAIK, there is nothing much special about the 2002-2004 face lift, its just a face lift, the exterior is slightly diferent front and rear. Apart from that the interior is exactly the same, engine, gearbox mechanics all the same. and the other diference is the absured price tag.

• Like 2

AFAIK, there is nothing much special about the 2002-2004 face lift, its just a face lift, the exterior is slightly diferent front and rear. Apart from that the interior is exactly the same, engine, gearbox mechanics all the same. and the other diference is the absured price tag.

Facelifted FB15 engines (QG15DE) came with electronic EGR valves. That's the only thing I know about differences. :)

• Like 1

Not exactly so....the pre-facelift apparently was rated at 87HP(1.3L) and 105(1.5L). The facelift on the other hand is rated at 90HP (1.3L) and 109HP (1.5L). Apart from that the 1.5L had been rated as ultra-low emission and 1.3L as good-low emission vehicles by the Japanese authorities. So they did something with the engines.

Apart from that I think the other changes were safety related. Not sure of much but I am pretty sure that the headrests were upgraded to Active Head Restrained ones.

Apart from that I think they took off some engine options and restricted certain grades to certain engine variants.

• Like 1

Facelifted FB15 engines (QG15DE) came with electronic EGR valves. That's the only thing I know about differences. :)
Not exactly so....the pre-facelift apparently was rated at 87HP(1.3L) and 105(1.5L). The facelift on the other hand is rated at 90HP (1.3L) and 109HP (1.5L). Apart from that the 1.5L had been rated as ultra-low emission and 1.3L as good-low emission vehicles by the Japanese authorities. So they did something with the engines.

Apart from that I think the other changes were safety related. Not sure of much but I am pretty sure that the headrests were upgraded to Active Head Restrained ones.

Apart from that I think they took off some engine options and restricted certain grades to certain engine variants.

oh didnt really know about those changes, thanks for pointing out guys!

• Like 1

So as per these changes, how are the spare prices going to be? And can the spares be found easily? Both engine and exterior? Especialy the front buffer etc. ?

Fog lights for the facelifted FB15 seems hard to come by :)

• Like 1

This is a sweet deal. 2003 FB15 for 2.2Mn is just the right price. Given the fabulous condition & KX-XXX number plate this seems like a bargain. Congratz on your purchase!

Thanks...

I couldn't just compare the price, Went to see some 2001-2003 saloons, I felt pity on them due to the body conditions, This one seems to be better when compared to those, Still trying to realize whether this is bargain or not

Cheers!!

Agreeing with iRage,

Yeah this has few bhps more than the previous model

Thanks for fueling up our knowledge... Keep up.

Thanks... Cheers!!!

Don't worry about the price now, just enjoy your car.

He He :D

Thanks bro!!!!

Can I know the Services needs to be done?? From how many km's??

I have never used an Automatic Transmission, So I need to know the details on Transmission Oil Changing...

Cheers!!

He He :D

Thanks bro!!!!

Can I know the Services needs to be done?? From how many km's??

I have never used an Automatic Transmission, So I need to know the details on Transmission Oil Changing...

Cheers!!

Go to Sir Dammika fernando first and get your car checked up and a tune up from him if he says its required... He is a pro... He will tell you everything that needs to be done.... that's what I also did when I bought my first car few months back.... after the tune-up my car started doing good on fuel and all....

Go to Sir Dammika fernando first and get your car checked up and a tune up from him if he says its required... He is a pro... He will tell you everything that needs to be done.... that's what I also did when I bought my first car few months back.... after the tune-up my car started doing good on fuel and all....

Where I can find him??? Is he in Colombo??

BTW Thanks for the info

Cheers!