• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Axio 2008 Issues

carson

Hello friends,

After using the CS3-2007 for almost 2 years, I sold it the last weak. I enjoyed the time with it, and many thanks to you guys for helping me with my CS3.

A few days back I bought a Toyota Axio 2008-X. It clocks 86000Km and transmission oil changed at 50000Km. A tech guy said that he hears a faint hum from the gear box. But on climbing an elevation it can be brought to 80+ Km/H easily and on a avg drive it can reach 100+Km/H with the Econ bulb on. Two days back we went on a outstation trip and believe it when I say it has done 20.3Km/L on Oct95. It has a very good emission report. So I doubt the tech guy's comment.

What is your opinion?

It has PRNDSB gear possitions. What is "S" ?

Is it for sudden accelleration or is it to gain more power when needed (eg: for a climb) - kindly explain.

Edited by carson

Congrats & ya axio has good acceleration & economical best to that sized car.

If nothing disturbs regular driving, don't too much think of that it has cvt hum etc.

S changes gears in high RPMs & engine revs a lot.

According to domestic manuals, they suggest S to be used when you need average engine breaking & B for you need maximum engine breaking.

D would take you anywhere in regular driving.....

for me, old axio looks good than the newer! (with even dashboard factory bug)

Edited by Uditha88

Hello friends,

After using the CS3-2007 for almost 2 years, I sold it the last weak. I enjoyed the time with it, and many thanks to you guys for helping me with my CS3.

A few days back I bought a Toyota Axio 2008-X. It clocks 86000Km and transmission oil changed at 50000Km. A tech guy said that he hears a faint hum from the gear box. But on climbing an elevation it can be brought to 80+ Km/H easily and on a avg drive it can reach 100+Km/H with the Econ bulb on. Two days back we went on a outstation trip and believe it when I say it has done 20.3Km/L on Oct95. It has a very good emission report. So I doubt the tech guy's comment.

What is your opinion?

It has PRNDSB gear possitions. What is "S" ?

Is it for sudden accelleration or is it to gain more power when needed (eg: for a climb) - kindly explain.

CVT boxes are noisy than normal Auto box (specially in low ratios) by construction itself (due to belt and pulley construction, relief valves, etc) and its normal.

Lots of tech guys are knowing things by experience and some times they might not known about the way it constructed and other related technical stuff. So, don't depend much on tech guys other than reputed persons.

If you have any doubt regarding the fluid level adjustment after the 50k replacement, please adjust the fluid level (should be done at engine start) to verify it.

Always think your car is running well.

Thanks, but sorry guys I still don't understand B and S - engine breaking?????

And also, the tech guys said that you can not comment on the quality of the transmission oil by looking at it. How far is this true?

How can I check the transmission oil level and how can we adjust the fluid level?

The old axio surely looks more "sedan" than the hybrid one.

Another question, Is it possible that you have less pickup on morning startup until the engine temperature builds up or is it the tech guy's comment making funny ideas in me????

And also, the tech guys said that you can not comment on the quality of the transmission oil by looking at it. How far is this true?

How can I check the transmission oil level and how can we adjust the fluid level?

Another question, Is it possible that you have less pickup on morning startup until the engine temperature builds up or is it the tech guy's comment making funny ideas in me????

=> YES OF COURSE. IVE READ JDM MANUAL (JAPANESE LANguage) FOR THIS. MANUAL SAYS, USE "S" WHEN U WANT ENGINE BREAKING. USE "B" WHEN YOU WANT ENGINE BREAKING MORE THAN THAT OF "S". OPTIONALLY, YOU CAN USE "S" WHEN YOU DRIVING IN RURAL AREA THAT ROAD IS BENDY & HAVE LOTS INCLINE. REMEMBER BEAUTIFUL AREA AROUND RUBBER STATE :)

tech guys said that you can not comment on the quality of the transmission oil by looking at it. How far is this true

=> TECH GUY IS TRUE.

=> NOT ONLY NEW HYBRID, NEW GASOLINE SHARES THE SAME LOOK(BODY). BUT 2015,16 HAS GOT DIFF FACE

Is it possible that you have less pickup on morning startup until the engine temperature builds up

=> NO IDEA ABOUT THIS. BUT HOT ENGINE IS QUITE & SMOOTH. YOU KNOW THINGS THAT SO CALLED "SEASONED" ARE BETTER SOME TIMES KNOW. JUST START & GO. DON'T THINK OF IT MUCH.

I spoke with one agent at t*y*ta lanka - wattala and for your information and opinion I will mention something he said.

For the axio, 1 . a general tune up every 20000Km

2 . a tune up with some EGR cleaning etc.etc every 40000Km (cost = 16-18K)

3 . a tunueup+EGR with petrol filter change every 80000Km (Rs.23000 for filter+labour)

4 . CVT oil change every 40000Km

My query is the quality of a engine tuneup by the t*y*ta lanka. Have anyone had bad experience following a tune up there? I presume you get what I mean.

One of my friends sister did a tuneup for her vitz from TL, it had idle vibration issues, slow acceleration etc. after the tuneup my friend said that the vibration has considerably reduced and the acceleration is also good. No idea what they did at the tuneup, but he said it cost him 30k.

Btw I did a tuneup, TB cleaning and Injector cleaning at L*ughs hoping that it will reduce my idle vibration, but now I can feel that it has increased some how.

I spoke with one agent at t*y*ta lanka - wattala and for your information and opinion I will mention something he said.

For the axio, 1 . a general tune up every 20000Km

2 . a tune up with some EGR cleaning etc.etc every 40000Km (cost = 16-18K)

3 . a tunueup+EGR with petrol filter change every 80000Km (Rs.23000 for filter+labour)

4 . CVT oil change every 40000Km

My query is the quality of a engine tuneup by the t*y*ta lanka. Have anyone had bad experience following a tune up there? I presume you get what I mean.

This is how they take your hard earned money.....

If you read the maintenance and repair manuals of Toyota vehicles, (which issued by Japan) you will realize it.

First of all Tune-up is not a suitable word for new engines and they are doing only cleaning. We can do this cleaning for every 5000 km if we have enough money. but when we do a cost benefit analysis, we can realize that no value for the money expended by doing cleaning in such a short intervals.

Lots of people like to do something for the car frequently thinking it will long last it as we are thinking our car is our life as we are buying them by hard earned money. Agent know that well and take the advantage of it.

Always please refer manuals and do not believe most of local agents.

Edited by gayanath

Sorry mates, in spite of your opinions, I have a bad habit of optimizing the car I use.

The single previous owner has not done a tune up so I did a full tune up with petrol filter change, changed cvt oil and replaced non gen. brake shoes with genuine ones. The total bill was 60500/=.

They did a engine and gear box scan - which was OK.

But the fuel consumption has increased a bit following all this, which I hear is some thing you have to accept.

I hope that I will not have to go through any major services for another 40000Km.

Edited by carson

Sorry mates, in spite of your opinions, I have a bad habit of optimizing the car I use.

The single previous owner has not done a tune up so I did a full tune up with petrol filter change, changed cvt oil and replaced non gen. brake shoes with genuine ones. The total bill was 60500/=.

They did a engine and gear box scan - which was OK.

But the fuel consumption has increased a bit following all this, which I hear is some thing you have to accept.

I hope that I will not have to go through any major services for another 40000Km.

Where did you do this? TL?

• 2 weeks later...

My personal advise is to stay away from using strong chemicals on any interior surface. Clean with a soft, damp cloth and wipe dry. Use a sun visor when parking out in the sun.

For leather surfaces, occasionally apply a good leather conditioner to keep them from losing the texture and cracking.

Why are you using "leather care" liquid on your rexin/plastic dashboard?

I have been using @rmourAll Original Protectant on plastic and and rubber parts for several years now. It will not give you the shine like some other products but will keep the surface texture resilient. As Davy has pointed out above the best method is to keep the interior out of UV rays but still IMO you may have to use a protective coating if the surface tends to get cracked.