• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan D21 Turbo 1994

corleone

Hello Guys (and girls if there is any)

I bought a Nissan D21 double cab with 280 000 (genuine) on the clock. Used by one very careful and keen owner. Its a dream of a second hand vehicle and comes with all the original parts.. in fact it cant get any original than its current state and need bit of jazzing up to bring some excitement to the vehicle. rare bumper comes in very good shape with all the chrome intact and I am gonna keep it as it is..

I got following upgraded in my mind

* It has original old alloy wheels. I am thinking about bit more muscular shape with bigger tyres.. so need new set of alloy wheels..

* Fender flares has to be added for a nice look and compensate the new tyre size..

* Bull Bar.... ?? (not sure but I am sure done with a decent taste will add lot of character to the vehicle)..

and any other updated you experts are suggesting.. and where I should go for alloy wheels and fender flares... ?

Thank you in advance

Cheers

Thanks bro... well Vito is my favourite as the path he took in his life fascinates me more than what Michael had to go through during his life..

true true I agree... Micheal is my fav though cuz he always had a very clear vision... we cannot really compare the two and they both were really great...

Totally agree.. its two different eras so they had to adopt different tactics to drive their criminals enterprises.. one reason I like Vito is he started from the bottom level where Michael had the stage set.. when you had a life like what Vito had there is lot to reflect upon when you are old.. well as a tactician Michael was very shrewd and clinical.. Vito didn't have to be.. he relied upon trust and loyalty of the people around him... again the difference of generations..

About fender flares is it worth buying it in the local market or import/buy from outside..? alloy wheels I don't mind going for a second hand set.. I am sure one of Autolanka 4wd experts can help me out with this on where to go..

cheers

It will be mostly cheaper to buy locally, but they'd be fiberglass, unless you find a used set.

A proper Pvc / plastic set might be cheaper to import due to the fact that local importers try to keep a huge margin.

The bottom line is your requirement, if its just for looks, go local,

but if its moderate off roading you tend to do with tree rub, mud baths, bumps and scrapes get real set, as the fiber can't take it.

Also if you are off roading,

buy steel wheels; looks better, more tyre options, easy to restore and cheaper to replace

Edited by tiv
  • Like 1

thanks bro.... well bit of off roading is the idea.. steel wheels is a great idea and thank you very much.. I think I will take that option.. I got the option of buying things from UK.. but its very difficult to find exact matching parts for this model.. Nissan D21s are very much off the roads by now. do you know any place (SL) I can call to get some idea about the prices..?

cheers..

anyone aware of the current regulations on A Bars.. I see few running around with those.. is it the case of people thinking they are above the law or just A Bars are allowed on the road.. ? cant find anything concrete on the forum..

cheers

Fitting anything infront of your stock bumper is illegal, its given in the police website FAQ, so anyone sporting such bars haven't met the right cop yet or are above the law sadly.

I've had long tedious arguments with cops back for mounting a winch, unshielded.

However the padded A bar and plastic bars do escape the typical cop intellect.

Fitting anything infront of your stock bumper is illegal, its given in the police website FAQ, so anyone sporting such bars haven't met the right cop yet or are above the law sadly.

I've had long tedious arguments with cops back for mounting a winch, unshielded.

However the padded A bar and plastic bars do escape the typical cop intellect.

Holy crap.. that is one law clearly state on the police website.. I couldn't believe my eyes.. :-) you are right.. it just a matter of time meeting the right cop and he will redirect you to the right URL... :-)

thanks mate..

on this one SL Police 1 and Motorists 0

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Corleone

congratz on your new vehicle mate, and is this to use to go to office or this is only for 4x4's or both mix?

Depend on the use you better put required gears,

Steel wheels is ok for on and off road but rubber you want to select is depend on the job you want to do with it, My Hilux Surf series 3 running with BF Goodies which is nice on rocks and mud also con't complain on sand with 22 psi on all 4. and i am running with stock alloys

D21 wide body is with factory fenders (Terrano flares) would easily fits and hope you can find a set

Bull bar/ nudge bar is sort of a dream in SL if you don't have very good connections, coz we ended up in court for our P25 Star wagon factory bar........... lol but bull bar play a key role when you hit something like a wall ( like i did other day),

20150316_101703.jpg

How about putting a inter cooler unit its a easy fit to this model??

regards

JC

Edited by john cooper