• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Aqua - Service Place

Chandimabandara

If your car is a new one, aren't there a warranty from Sterling Japan? In that case you better do to the service from a place recommended by them in order to get the free service . If no warranty Toyota Lanka also offers a good service..there are a lot of places around Colombo up to Negambo offering services for Hybrids.

Edited by AbeysinghE

Due to your first service, go to TL and take experience. Then decide next.

If you have at-least minor knowledge about vehicles and maintenance, you will definitely find alternative for next.

Please download owners and maintenance manual. may be you have Japanese one. Download Prius C (same car for international market) English manual from Toyota Global website. You could find informations more than enough for your car maintenance.

P.S.

Hybrids are not so strange things. Maintenance are almost same with ordinary cars, because the special items are manufactured as maintenance free. What our service people do is they are building a fear among the general public regarding hybrids and maintenance. Actually almost all new cars need very less maintenance comparatively with old ones.

Edited by gayanath

To add my opinion,

Toyota Lanka is not so generous place as it rips you off saying various things. My personal advice is if you don't have money to throw off as they ask,just ignore the place.

As per my understanding any average decent service joint can do the job.

Service of a car means change engine oil,clean air filter and clean+wash.with topping up necessary fluids.

Going to TL is your choice.

Here are their recommended schedule.

Engine oil - 0w20 change at 5000km if mineral oil and at 10000km if fully synthetic. (I use Mobil fully synthetic) toyota engine oils are overpriced outdated grade junks.

Oil filter - at each engine oil change.

Coolent - Ethylene glycol based oil (toyota super long or equivalent Mobil/castrol /motul) change at 5 years or 100000km.

Transmission oil - Toyota WS ONLY.aqua doesn't have CVT , its very simple autobox with few modes. Interval is every 40000km.

Brake fluid- dot 4 oil.change interval at 100000kms.here you need to drain through at agents or place with a aqua compatible computer. Sophisticated method where average joint can't do.

Air filter - every 25000kms. Denso Japan or toyota genuine.

Engine tune-up - it's not necessary if car doesn't show any symptoms, suggestion is at every 400000kms.clean injectors, check iridium spark plugs and clean throttle body.

Computer check up of status/battery - not necessary at all if no symptoms.

Body wash,as you wish without kerosene spray.

Engine wash - by engine degrees fluid.

Thats it

• Like 1

To add my opinion,

Toyota Lanka is not so generous place as it rips you off saying various things. My personal advice is if you don't have money to throw off as they ask,just ignore the place.

As per my understanding any average decent service joint can do the job.

Service of a car means change engine oil,clean air filter and clean+wash.with topping up necessary fluids.

Going to TL is your choice.

Here are their recommended schedule.

Engine oil - 0w20 change at 5000km if mineral oil and at 10000km if fully synthetic. (I use Mobil fully synthetic) toyota engine oils are overpriced outdated grade junks.

Oil filter - at each engine oil change.

Coolent - Ethylene glycol based oil (toyota super long or equivalent Mobil/castrol /motul) change at 5 years or 100000km.

Transmission oil - Toyota WS ONLY.aqua doesn't have CVT , its very simple autobox with few modes. Interval is every 40000km.

Brake fluid- dot 4 oil.change interval at 100000kms.here you need to drain through at agents or place with a aqua compatible computer. Sophisticated method where average joint can't do.

Air filter - every 25000kms. Denso Japan or toyota genuine.

Engine tune-up - it's not necessary if car doesn't show any symptoms, suggestion is at every 400000kms.clean injectors, check iridium spark plugs and clean throttle body.

Computer check up of status/battery - not necessary at all if no symptoms.

Body wash,as you wish without kerosene spray.

Engine wash - by engine degrees fluid.

Thats it

Agreed with comments regarding TL.

But service intervals are not accurate. Please follow "Prius C" (same car for international market) maintenance data which could be downloaded from Toyota global website.

Service intervals are sensible in Sri Lankan context.

I haver referenced all those manuals for prius. I honestly feel that prolonged services durations are to keep fleet managers happy.since our cars doesn't carrothe warranty they have,it's always bettere to stick to above schedule.

And FYI the Lexus 200h is similar hybrid drivetrain with fancy skin to prius.but they recommend steep changing intervals for US MARKET AS WELL.it's so frequent than prius which share similar platform.

So use commen sense.those are marketing gimmicks.

• Like 1

For example, prius brake fluid change is 100k miles and lexus 200h is at 30k as per their user manuals.same nut and bolt.

It's beacuse the marketing strategy,

For prius UK GOVERNMENT HAVE LEGISLATION TO PREVENT SERVICES BELOW 10K DUE TO environment issues.

WS gear oil drain interval is 40k kms,100k kms are just to escape from environmental related tax for manufacturers in USA.

Read priuschat and tacoma forums on this issue. People have given facts with actual oil analysis after use.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Dear All,

Thanks for your opinions. I went and did my first service from TL as I did not have any reliable places. The price is high. Also they have put slightly high viscosity engine oil which is not highly recommended for cars below 20,000 km.

They are not using recommended oil (0W20) until we specially request due to their business reason. They care more about business than our cars.

Will you go there for next service ....???

They are not using recommended oil (0W20) until we specially request due to their business reason. They care more about business than our cars.

Will you go there for next service ....???

I thought they would do the service according to the service manual. Noticed the issue after few days when I was looking at the bills. Then I made a complain when they sent me a sms satisfaction. Still I have no idea about next service place. But I always prefer to go to a reputed place.

I thought they would do the service according to the service manual. Noticed the issue after few days when I was looking at the bills. Then I made a complain when they sent me a sms satisfaction. Still I have no idea about next service place. But I always prefer to go to a reputed place.

They are using 10W30 oil as they have equipped oil delivery system to service bay with 10W30. 10W30 will not give any harm to your engine (even xxW40 also will not give any harm) but 0W20 is the most suitable and recommended by the manufacture for best performance and fuel economy. If we requested to use 0W20, they have to spend little more to handling the oil.

My concern is, they are proposing lots of other extra maintenance things which even not recommended by manufacture too, claiming safe side of our car (but with a big cost to us and huge profit to them). Why the hell they just ignore oil viscosity matter?.

Edited by gayanath

Hi guys,

I think the seniors will not harsh on me cos it's a lil deviation of the topic.

I think gayanath or any aqua user can give me an advice.

I got an unregistered 2013 aqua abt 2 months before. after abt 2-3 days I noticed the coolant level in engine coolant reservoir is well below the "LOW" level indicator. So I refilled it with Wurth coolant without diluting it with water. (While purchasing it I couldn't check the coolant level).

But the coolant level in power control unit coolant reservoir is ok.

After driving car abt 4-5 days, I noticed the coolant level of engine coolant reservoir has dropped by a considerable amount.

Before going to get checked it by a mechanic, I thought to get an advice from you.

Could it be happened due to a leakage or any other reason ?

Thank You.

If its falling below the 'low' level, you have a problem. If not, don't worry. Just keep monitoring.

For starts, check whether the radiator lid (or coolant tank lid) is properly closed. Check whether the coolant is leaking when the engine is on and off (its very easy to check if you are not scared to get under the engine bay - keep the AC off when u are doing it). This may be a bit of an overkill but also check whether there's any oiliness on the coolant which is in the tank.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I got an unregistered 2013 aqua abt 2 months before. after abt 2-3 days I noticed the coolant level in engine coolant reservoir is well below the "LOW" level indicator. So I refilled it with Wurth coolant without diluting it with water. (While purchasing it I couldn't check the coolant level).

After driving car abt 4-5 days, I noticed the coolant level of engine coolant reservoir has dropped by a considerable amount.

Before going to get checked it by a mechanic, I thought to get an advice from you.

Thank You.

Lets summarize....

Got the car 2 months before

after 2-3 days - level below the LOW, refill with wurth

after 4-5 days driving - again level drop,

what happened up to now for last one and half months?

My car imported as 0 millage last Janualy. No coolant level drop up to now. My previous car vitz 2007, bought unregistered 2010 sept, first coolant top up done after using 2 years (around end 2012).

any way, level reduction for 3-4 months is not an issue if its not an increasing trend.

Starting from simple,

1. Could be a leakage. please check inside the plastic undercover using a torch and same time your garage flow 2-3 hours after parking the car.

2. Check your radiator lid. (be safe, don't do it at Hot)

How about your car millage ??

3. check your engine oil for any color change (milky mix). its a sign for major internal leak, but cannot detect for minor.

• Like 1

If its falling below the 'low' level, you have a problem. If not, don't worry. Just keep monitoring.

For starts, check whether the radiator lid (or coolant tank lid) is properly closed. Check whether the coolant is leaking when the engine is on and off (its very easy to check if you are not scared to get under the engine bay - keep the AC off when u are doing it). This may be a bit of an overkill but also check whether there's any oiliness on the coolant which is in the tank.

Lets summarize....

Got the car 2 months before

after 2-3 days - level below the LOW, refill with wurth

after 4-5 days driving - again level drop,

what happened up to now for last one and half months?

My car imported as 0 millage last Janualy. No coolant level drop up to now. My previous car vitz 2007, bought unregistered 2010 sept, first coolant top up done after using 2 years (around end 2012).

any way, level reduction for 3-4 months is not an issue if its not an increasing trend.

Starting from simple,

1. Could be a leakage. please check inside the plastic undercover using a torch and same time your garage flow 2-3 hours after parking the car.

2. Check your radiator lid. (be safe, don't do it at Hot)

How about your car millage ??

3. check your engine oil for any color change (milky mix). its a sign for major internal leak, but cannot detect for minor.

Thank you for your immediate replies.

When I noticed it for the first time, it was below the LOW level.

I top up it to just below the HIGH level.

It gradually reduced during last one month. today morning I just filled it up before reaching to LOW level. :pardon:

Mileage when buying was 21K and now almost 24K.

Couldn't notice any oil flows in the garage. I'll check for the leakages and let you know guys.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your immediate replies.

When I noticed it for the first time, it was below the LOW level.

I top up it to just below the HIGH level.

It gradually reduced during last one month. today morning I just filled it up before reaching to LOW level. :pardon:

Mileage when buying was 21K and now almost 24K.

Couldn't notice any oil flows in the garage. I'll check for the leakages and let you know guys.

Thanks in advance.

Gradually reducing during a month from high to low means;

though we assume it as a leak, its could be unnoticeable as the leak could be tiny (like a crack). Leaked coolent will be evaporated due to heat before pouring. Please observe for another month to check whether its increasing or decreasing.

Check whether your overflow tank cap fitted correctly as well.

• Like 1

SAB Hi guys,

Thank You.

If you can not see a coolant leakage in the garage it may be a slight leakage happening when the pressure builds up inside the system. Check the system while engine is running-be careful. Specially inspect the connecting/joint areas.

• Like 1

Thanks guys for valuable advises. Couldn't update cos being busy last few days.

I checked for leakages in coolant containers and hoses.

Finally found a leak from a hose connection. its an unreachable area so difficult to repair it my self.

Could you please let me know a reliable spot around Kandy to repair this. I hope to do the periodical services and maintenance from a reliable place.

So it's better if someone let me know such a place.

Thank You.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Got repaired the leakage from a garage. He just applied a glue and fixed the rubber hose to the steel hose joint.

Not succeeded. :speechless-smiley-019: Still the leakge is there.

Could you please let me know a reliable spot around Kandy to check the system and repair this.

Thanks

Edited by SAB

If its a small job, go to the radiator repair spot in front of Elcardo, ie, William Goppallawa Mawatha,

If you could describe abit clearly or put up a pic, we could suggest further,

Edited by tiv