• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need To Upgrade Car

lnvg

Question

Hi All,

This is my first topic in AL.

Currently I own a Nissan FB15 2003 (New Shell). I would like to upgrade my car to a one with manufacture year newer than 2003. What are the options I have? My budget will be around 2.0mil to 2.3mil . I am looking for a family car with 5 passenger.

Welcome to the forum.

This price range has been discussed before. Do a search for your price range. I'm pretty sure you'll find satisfactory options there.

Yes I checked. Some threads are older than two years. There is a new thread, but it's budget is less than mine and manufacture year is below 2000. I'm looking for manufacture year higher than 2003.

Yes I checked. Some threads are older than two years. There is a new thread, but it's budget is less than mine and manufacture year is below 2000. I'm looking for manufacture year higher than 2003. Â
Would you mind if I ask why you need to change the car?

Because the car you are using right now ,falls into your price range.

So it won't be much of an upgrade even you find a car with a newer manufacture year.

There are lots of choices for this price range and fb15 new she'll too is a better option in my opinion.

I'm not questioning your decisions, but this is how I feel.

And I've used a fb15 1999 for 11 years and it was a very comfortable car and loved having it.

Edited by sathyajithj99
  • Like 6

Would you mind if I ask why you need to change the car?

Because the car you are using right now ,falls into your price range.

So it won't be much of an upgrade even you find a car with a newer manufacture year.

There are lots of choices for this price range and fb15 new she'll too is a better option in my opinion.

I'm not questioning your decisions, but this is how I feel.

And I've used a fb15 1999 for 11 years and it was a very comfortable car and loved having it.

Main purpose is to upgrade the year. Unless it's in a great shape and certainly cater the need. Yes I searched in many places and agree with what you are saying.

I checked in many available sites and found Toyota Corolla 110 2006 & 2008(assembled in sri lanka) .Just for my knowledge can you share you thought about those models?

it seems its not that much of a good idea to do so just for the sake of the manufacture year, and also this is no guarantee that u will be able to get a car with better condition than the one you have now. the interior n exterior might look like a new but mechanical wise might be ruined. you are better off using the car u have now for sometime, save up n get a much newer one preferably something over the 2010

• Like 3

Main purpose is to upgrade the year. Unless it's in a great shape and certainly cater the need. Yes I searched in many places and agree with what you are saying.

I checked in many available sites and found Toyota Corolla 110 2006 & 2008(assembled in sri lanka) .Just for my knowledge can you share you thought about those models?

I don't think it would be wise to go for those 110 s for the sake of upgrading the year.

Maybe you'll find N17 s came after 2003 which fall within your budget.

But with the circumstances, I also think it is more logical to use the current car for another few years .Meanwhile you can save some money and go for a better car.

• Like 1

Hi All,

This is my first topic in AL.

Currently I own a Nissan FB15 2003 (New Shell). I would like to upgrade my car to a one with manufacture year newer than 2003. What are the options I have? My budget will be around 2.0mil to 2.3mil . I am looking for a family car with 5 passenger.

Mate, I really don't think it's a good idea for you to change your car at this moment, where the second hand market ridiculously gone up. I saw in few classified sites FB 15 EX Saloons new shell older than your model quoted at the rate of 2.3 million. Once you sold out your car at that rate, I don't think you are left with so many choices. Finally you will be end up owning an old crap for the same price.

• Like 1

Why would you sell a new shell 2003 fb15 and search for a car in 2.3m range again? :speechless-smiley-019:If you hate the car then it's a fair reason.You'll have a good chance ending up with a badly maintained car than compared to your one.

• Like 1

That's why I said 'Upgrade'. Interior, dashboards so and so. I know those are just fancy stuff,

Neighbor has a new car :P . But that is not the concern. I just wanted check if there is any option within my reach.

BTW if the budget is around 2.5 - 3.0 mil, what are the options?

That's why I said 'Upgrade'. Interior, dashboards so and so. I know those are just fancy stuff,

Neighbor has a new car :P . But that is not the concern. I just wanted check if there is any option within my reach.

2 -2.3M suddenly became 2.5-3 M. How did that happen? Lol

Are you going to get a loan and hand over your balls to a leasing company? :P

Still I think you should be patient, save some money , keep some money for the maintenance of your current car, and in a few years time go for an upgrade.

If you're interested in cars between 2.5- 3 M search the forum as it has been discussed. Just keep them in mind and don't try to buy them.

• Like 4

2 -2.3M suddenly became 2.5-3 M. How did that happen? Lol Are you going to get a loan and hand over your balls to a leasing company? :P Still I think you should be patient, save some money , keep some money for the maintenance of your current car, and in a few years time go for an upgrade. If you're interested in cars between 2.5- 3 M search the forum as it has been discussed. Just keep them in mind and don't try to buy them.

sathyajith99 thanks for the info :D

I think the point you are missing is that for your original budget you really can't get anything newer or nicer and you are probably going to end up with a car the same vintage as your Sunny but with the risk of a car with an unknown history. You increased the budget but still again I really can't see any improvement on the latter fact. You might be able to go for a slightly larger car with a few more bells and whistles that is of the same vintage but nothing drastically newer.

The best source for you would be to hit the usual car advert sites and see what is being advertised for your budget or even do some leg work around the car sales. Car prices seem to have changed quite drastically over the last few weeks so unless any of the forum members bought a car within this time frame the info you get might be slightly off.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

I think the point you are missing is that for your original budget you really can't get anything newer or nicer and you are probably going to end up with a car the same vintage as your Sunny but with the risk of a car with an unknown history. You increased the budget but still again I really can't see any improvement on the latter fact. You might be able to go for a slightly larger car with a few more bells and whistles that is of the same vintage but nothing drastically newer.

The best source for you would be to hit the usual car advert sites and see what is being advertised for your budget or even do some leg work around the car sales. Car prices seem to have changed quite drastically over the last few weeks so unless any of the forum members bought a car within this time frame the info you get might be slightly off.

Ya agree with you iRage. Thanks for the head up :D

Guys,

I have seen here that some sellers put vehicle part exchange considered. Can someone please explain what it means?

If you have a ca worth 2 million and I have a SUV worth 5 million, and we want each other's vehicles, we'll exchange vehicles and you will pay me the value difference of 3 million in cash.

• Like 1

guys,

sorry to hijack the thread ..but since my question is pretty similar to the topic i thought ask the it here in an existing thread..

I have been using a Ek3 Vi manual car for the past 5 years..and looking forward to upgrade the car to a relatively newer car..

basic reason to upgrade the car is the present one is with manual gears and my wife doesn't want to /doesn't know to drive a manual gear car, its pretty difficult for me to be available all the time when she needs the car & although i am very fond of manual gear cars i have come to a stage to compromise my interests in order to live a practical life..lived a very satisfied life with the Ek3 though ....

and these are my capabilities to acquire & maintain a new car.

- i can spend upto Rs.3.0Mn can be stretched upto Rs.3.2/3.3 (but happy if i could save that 300k or more even) without any loans or leases.

- pump a fuel worth of Rs. 18k - 20k per month .. i drive 45-50 kms a day thus roughly 1200 km per month (calculated with 8 kmpl)

- set aside another Rs.200k per year for insurance and ad-hoc maintenance (services , oil changes included)

These are the requirements im looking for

- has to be a reliable car..i dont want to spend time on the road, garages or importing parts

- I travel a lot with my family hence a sedan preferable with the capability to pull with 4 adults

- Decent ground clearance

- Fuel economy is not that important..happy with 8 kmpl in city

- will be using the car for the next 3 years,

I dont have a specific brand preference...please suggest some cars which can come in to my kind of bracket

Dear friend , Have you ever thought to attend your wifey to driving classes. Ya I know changing thinking pattern of them is difficult but living without a car you like too. And learn to drive a manual is easy than they think. Once happened to me and ended same way. You may convince her to learn manual. Good luck.

• Like 3

Solution: Tell your wife to learn to drive a manual!

Reasons:

#1: Why compromise that one pleasure of yours for her stubbornness?

#2: The sedan you get will be 2nd hand, so it WILL come with its share of unknown issues
#3: Unless your wife has a physical disability, don't give into this. You are setting yourself bad precedence. You give in now, know knows what else you'll have to give into in the future. So stand your ground!
#4: If she's too stubborn to learn and you're not available, ask her to take a bus! Those are circumstances she brought upon herself by her choice to not learn to drive a manual transmission. It will be an important life lesson for her too!

This advice brought to you by autolanka's own car&life-coaching team!

• Like 5

Solution: Tell your wife to learn to drive a manual!

Reasons:

#1: Why compromise that one pleasure of yours for her stubbornness?

#2: The sedan you get will be 2nd hand, so it WILL come with its share of unknown issues

#3: Unless your wife has a physical disability, don't give into this. You are setting yourself bad precedence. You give in now, know knows what else you'll have to give into in the future. So stand your ground!

#4: If she's too stubborn to learn and you're not available, ask her to take a bus! Those are circumstances she brought upon herself by her choice to not learn to drive a manual transmission. It will be an important life lesson for her too!

This advice brought to you by autolanka's own car&life-coaching team!

:sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

78ef868b5e08f3e0dcdabc81243cfe40054f0816