• 0
car_lover2015

The All New Mazda 2 (2016/sedan)

Question

Hey folks,

Good day to all of you, so let me start with this first, i'm planing to buy a new car around 5mil. Initially i wanted to buy the all new Mazda 3 and colonial motors only has it with 1.6cc engine (This one doesn't come with skyactive engine). I'm keen about this new skyactive engine so they offered me the all new Mazda 2 Sedan with skyactive engine, It will cost me around 4.6m. It looks pretty darn good actually, and i really like it.

Has anyone had a chance to test it? if so what do you think about it?

Please share your thoughts about this car,

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

52 answers to this question

  • 0
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="luckey007" data-cid="287113" data-time="1449106011"><p>

I don't know it is good or bad, but from the distance & for unfamiliar eyes, 2,3&6 looks same.<br />

What I feel is Mazda is overenthusiastic once they found a nice design and applying it to their all cars.</p></blockquote>

All audi models, Beemer share the same look even on the interiors . Even Hondas do, some even have the exact same components. What is the point you are trying to make?

You're right on that.. Audi is the worst!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
then what happened ? :P

Bought a hybrid corolla and converted to a thel higanna.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
It was a red one. From the distance, I thought it was a 3/axela. :)

Red one looks great, but i'm gonna go with Metropolitan grey :)

I don't know it is good or bad, but from the distance & for unfamiliar eyes, 2,3&6 looks same.

What I feel is Mazda is overenthusiastic once they found a nice design and applying it to their all cars.

yes true that, 2 and 3/axela look same but 6 is huge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hey guys, 

Here is my baby, I have been using it for like 6 months, it's a great car, bought it from CM. 

 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by car_lover2015
4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 hours ago, car_lover2015 said:

Hey guys, 

Here is my baby, I have been using it for like 6 months, it's a great car, bought it from CM. 

 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Congrats machan, good choice.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, car_lover2015 said:

Hey guys, 

Here is my baby, I have been using it for like 6 months, it's a great car, bought it from CM. 

Congratulations! Glad to see more Mazdas on the forum. The new generation of all Mazdas are just awesome inside and out. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
13 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Congrats machan, good choice.

Thanks Machan! :)

12 hours ago, Davy said:

Congratulations! Glad to see more Mazdas on the forum. The new generation of all Mazdas are just awesome inside and out. 

Yes these new mazdas are freaking awesome :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 1/11/2017 at 7:19 PM, car_lover2015 said:

Hey guys, 

Here is my baby, I have been using it for like 6 months, it's a great car, bought it from CM. 

 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

 

Great looking car dude, congrats on the buy, you must be glad you got it before the taxes went up again! What made you pick the hatch over the Sedan in the end?

I actually totally forgot about this thread for awhile, I also ended up getting a 2 Sedan to replace my Hilux as the daily hack back in March last year and I've done about 13,000 KM on it by now. Very pleased with the car overall, great fun to drive, good kit list, decent economy and pretty comfortable too. Had an issue early on where there was a clunking from the front end which turned out to be the top mounts of the shocks. There was apparently some production issue with a batch of them, in the end got them replaced under warranty and all good now. 

I didn't really like the standard tyres (185/65 x 16) very much so when I damaged one I took the opportunity to upgrade to 205/55s and I feel they have made the car drive even better. I have a few more tweaks in mind that I will do casually as I go along, I plan to keep this for a few years at least.

A few of us are trying to get the Mazda-Ford Owners club going again since it's been dormant for awhile, you (and everyone else on AL driving MAzdas and Fords) should definitely join up.

 

2 Sd 1.jpg

2 Sd2.jpg

2 Sd3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Supra_Natural said:

 

Great looking car dude, congrats on the buy, you must be glad you got it before the taxes went up again! What made you pick the hatch over the Sedan in the end?

I actually totally forgot about this thread for awhile, I also ended up getting a 2 Sedan to replace my Hilux as the daily hack back in March last year and I've done about 13,000 KM on it by now. Very pleased with the car overall, great fun to drive, good kit list, decent economy and pretty comfortable too. Had an issue early on where there was a clunking from the front end which turned out to be the top mounts of the shocks. There was apparently some production issue with a batch of them, in the end got them replaced under warranty and all good now. 

I didn't really like the standard tyres (185/65 x 16) very much so when I damaged one I took the opportunity to upgrade to 205/55s and I feel they have made the car drive even better. I have a few more tweaks in mind that I will do casually as I go along, I plan to keep this for a few years at least.

A few of us are trying to get the Mazda-Ford Owners club going again since it's been dormant for awhile, you (and everyone else on AL driving MAzdas and Fords) should definitely join up.

 

2 Sd 1.jpg

2 Sd2.jpg

2 Sd3.jpg

Wow! I knew you bought a Mazda 2 but this is the first time I saw her photos.

Looks good Supra.

Would you consider a lip spoiler and a shark tail antenna? With them she would even look better.

Just a suggestion.

Edited by sathyajithj99
More info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 minutes ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Wow! I knew you bought a Mazda 2 but this is the first time I saw her photos.

Looks good Supra.

Would you consider a lip spoiler and a shark tail antenna? With them she would even look better.

Just a suggestion.

Been wanting to get the original lip spoiler since the day I got the car man, but haven't been able to get a hold of it yet. Agents said they could get it down but they admitted the pricing would be ridiculous and encouraged me to look elsewhere. Still looking, got hold of a contact in Thailand recently but they are waiting for new stock so let's see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Supra_Natural said:

 

Great looking car dude, congrats on the buy, you must be glad you got it before the taxes went up again! What made you pick the hatch over the Sedan in the end?

I actually totally forgot about this thread for awhile, I also ended up getting a 2 Sedan to replace my Hilux as the daily hack back in March last year and I've done about 13,000 KM on it by now. Very pleased with the car overall, great fun to drive, good kit list, decent economy and pretty comfortable too. Had an issue early on where there was a clunking from the front end which turned out to be the top mounts of the shocks. There was apparently some production issue with a batch of them, in the end got them replaced under warranty and all good now. 

I didn't really like the standard tyres (185/65 x 16) very much so when I damaged one I took the opportunity to upgrade to 205/55s and I feel they have made the car drive even better. I have a few more tweaks in mind that I will do casually as I go along, I plan to keep this for a few years at least.

A few of us are trying to get the Mazda-Ford Owners club going again since it's been dormant for awhile, you (and everyone else on AL driving MAzdas and Fords) should definitely join up.

 

Nice car @Supra_Natural! Congrats! Two Mazdas at home now huh? :)

By the way, 215/55R16 and 205/60R16 are the ideal replacement tyre sizes for your car because they have the least difference in diameter when compared to the factory wheel size. Not sure how easy it is to source these sizes locally though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 hours ago, Supra_Natural said:

 

Great looking car dude, congrats on the buy, you must be glad you got it before the taxes went up again! What made you pick the hatch over the Sedan in the end?

I actually totally forgot about this thread for awhile, I also ended up getting a 2 Sedan to replace my Hilux as the daily hack back in March last year and I've done about 13,000 KM on it by now. Very pleased with the car overall, great fun to drive, good kit list, decent economy and pretty comfortable too. Had an issue early on where there was a clunking from the front end which turned out to be the top mounts of the shocks. There was apparently some production issue with a batch of them, in the end got them replaced under warranty and all good now. 

I didn't really like the standard tyres (185/65 x 16) very much so when I damaged one I took the opportunity to upgrade to 205/55s and I feel they have made the car drive even better. I have a few more tweaks in mind that I will do casually as I go along, I plan to keep this for a few years at least.

A few of us are trying to get the Mazda-Ford Owners club going again since it's been dormant for awhile, you (and everyone else on AL driving MAzdas and Fords) should definitely join up.

Hey Supra, Thanks mate.

Well, it's a long story man, I was going to buy the sedan but unfortunately i couldn't find it, CM only had the hatch at 5.7mn, so that was the only option i had to go with, back in July last year, but now i am glad i got this instead of the sedan.

A great car and quite impressed with its performance actually. Dude I had the same issue, it was really annoying as hell, as you said the issue was from the top mounts of the shocks, they replaced them and everything seems to be fine at the moment will see how it goes. I have done about 10,000 KM.  Were did you get the new tyres from ? Did you install a reverse camera and the navigation system ?  

I am planning to buy some stuff for it from ebay. Original floor mats, ecc...

Mate your car looks great, nice colour too. I will definitely join the club. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 1/13/2017 at 4:15 AM, Quiet said:

congrats, one more for Mazda

Thanks Mate.

8 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Wow! I knew you bought a Mazda 2 but this is the first time I saw her photos.

Looks good Supra.

Would you consider a lip spoiler and a shark tail antenna? With them she would even look better.

Just a suggestion.

She definitely needs a spoiler, it will make her ass looks freaking awesome, but do not get the sharkfinn, nowadays even Marutis have those sharkfinns. :lol:

8 hours ago, Supra_Natural said:

Been wanting to get the original lip spoiler since the day I got the car man, but haven't been able to get a hold of it yet. Agents said they could get it down but they admitted the pricing would be ridiculous and encouraged me to look elsewhere. Still looking, got hold of a contact in Thailand recently but they are waiting for new stock so let's see.

Have you tried Mazna motors? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, car_lover2015 said:

Thanks Mate.

She definitely needs a spoiler, it will make her ass looks freaking awesome, but do not get the sharkfinn, nowadays even Marutis have those sharkfinns. :lol:

We can't prevent Maruti owners fixing all the inappropriate gadgets to their cars machan.

But the shark fin originally comes with Bimmers and some other European brands. I have seen it fixed on Mazda models like Mazda 6 and Axela. It really suits the kodo design of Mazda.

2015-mazda-mazda3-5.jpg

Edited by sathyajithj99
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
12 hours ago, Davy said:

Nice car @Supra_Natural! Congrats! Two Mazdas at home now huh? :)

By the way, 215/55R16 and 205/60R16 are the ideal replacement tyre sizes for your car because they have the least difference in diameter when compared to the factory wheel size. Not sure how easy it is to source these sizes locally though.

 

Thanks machang, Actually I made a mistake earlier, the original tyre size was 185/60 R16, not 185/65 which is why the 205/55s were the upgrade size I went to. The original rims are pretty narrow so 205s are the widest size they can take i believe,  the tyre sidewalls stick out a bit compared to the 185s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

We can't prevent Maruti owners fixing all the inappropriate gadgets to their cars machan.

But the shark fin originally comes with Bimmers and some other European brands. I have seen it fixed on Mazda models like Mazda 6 and Axela. It really suits the kodo design of Mazda.

2015-mazda-mazda3-5.jpg

Most shark fins that comes originally from the factory actually serve a purpose. They're all antennas for the radio. Why Some Mazdas have it and others don't is because the ones that come with it have satellite radio I think. The others have the antenna built into the rear window. So pasting a plastic shark fin doesn't really do anything but maybe make the car look aesthetically better.

The hatch already has an antenna on the roof, but not a shark fin. You can unscrew the antenna and replace it with functional shark fin if you want though,

VG-SFA13-3.jpg

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

We can't prevent Maruti owners fixing all the inappropriate gadgets to their cars machan.

But the shark fin originally comes with Bimmers and some other European brands. I have seen it fixed on Mazda models like Mazda 6 and Axela. It really suits the kodo design of Mazda.

2015-mazda-mazda3-5.jpg

Yes machan I agree with that. This mazda 2 hatch comes with a shark fin.

 

cache.jpg

op194-a29-Mazda32.jpg

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 4:31 AM, car_lover2015 said:

Hey Supra, Thanks mate.

Well, it's a long story man, I was going to buy the sedan but unfortunately i couldn't find it, CM only had the hatch at 5.7mn, so that was the only option i had to go with, back in July last year, but now i am glad i got this instead of the sedan.

A great car and quite impressed with its performance actually. Dude I had the same issue, it was really annoying as hell, as you said the issue was from the top mounts of the shocks, they replaced them and everything seems to be fine at the moment will see how it goes. I have done about 10,000 KM.  Were did you get the new tyres from ? Did you install a reverse camera and the navigation system ?  

I am planning to buy some stuff for it from ebay. Original floor mats, ecc...

Mate your car looks great, nice colour too. I will definitely join the club. 

 

Supra/Car lover or anyone who owns a new 6,3 or 2

Dug up this thread because you guys had suspension issues on your cars. I had the same knocking sound going over speed bumps which turned out to be a bad shock mount. This was sorted under warranty but a few weeks later the sound is back. When you Google 'mazda3 or mazda6 2014 suspension noises' this seems to be a common issue on the new mazdas. Was your issue sorted permanantly- and if so what did Col*nial Motors do to fix it? Going to have to take the car back their again- but I am now out of warranty!

A friend of mine has a new 2 and she also has the same problem- so its definitely not an isolated case!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, RWD said:

Supra/Car lover or anyone who owns a new 6,3 or 2

Dug up this thread because you guys had suspension issues on your cars. I had the same knocking sound going over speed bumps which turned out to be a bad shock mount. This was sorted under warranty but a few weeks later the sound is back. When you Google 'mazda3 or mazda6 2014 suspension noises' this seems to be a common issue on the new mazdas. Was your issue sorted permanantly- and if so what did Col*nial Motors do to fix it? Going to have to take the car back their again- but I am now out of warranty!

A friend of mine has a new 2 and she also has the same problem- so its definitely not an isolated case!

 

 

The same issue was in Mazda3 2003 upward models too. It was solved by Mazda introducing  a harder upgraded upper mount rubber. Fixing a same new mount would only solve the problem for few months. Mazda has long experience in these issues but it seems regrettably Mazda has not taken into account, since it is not a safety issue but a comfort issue. In USA this was a grate concern around year 2005. No recalls were made. In Sri Lanka this was present in JDM Axela too. It went unnoticeable since, we Srilankans are less sensible in matters. I personally  imported upgraded mounts from Japan and fixed in my 2004 Axela. After 9 years still working without any suspension noise. The upgraded mount rubber costed me twice the stock genuine mount.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I use to own 2004 axela back in 2007 and use to have the "thud" sound in bumps and pot holes!

Carmart service agents couldnt diagnose the issue!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 hours ago, zeem35 said:

I use to own 2004 axela back in 2007 and use to have the "thud" sound in bumps and pot holes!

Carmart service agents couldnt diagnose the issue!

 

Yes , Local Agent was very blind in this issue. They don't aware for the solution. This cannot be solved by replacing even new stock genuine mount. Within few months it comes again.

Mazda Zoom-Zoom has developed quality mounts for even older cars like 1985 BF & 1990 BG models too.The upgrade I mentioned earlier was such a mount for 2004-2008 Mazda3/Axela. Those prices are twice from the Genuine Mazda parts price for the same unit.

I think Mazda is weak in this regard. They have understood the cause once and still problem remaining for new models too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

well from what I gather there are 2 different issues. One is a caliper pin bushing which starts rattling - that can be sorted out at a lathe shop and colonial is doing it on a lot of the cars. I think this is more due our bad roads more than anything else.

The other noise is from the below (qouting from a TSB bulletin which says this is the problem on the 3's and 6's.) Will probably take this and show the agents:

MULTI-MODEL - KNOCKING / SQUEAKING NOISE FROM FRONT STRUT BEARING

 Some vehicles may exhibit a knocking / squeaking noise from the front strut bearing (A) when driving on rough roads and/or when turning the steering wheel while the vehicle is stopped.

The noise may be due to upper front strut bearing damage or it may be due to stick/slip between the front strut bearing and coil spring.

To eliminate the noise, the following mass-production changes have been made:

1. The material and production method of the front strut bearing has been changed.

2. A protector has been installed onto the coil spring.

NOTE: The piston rod nut (B) requires replacement when the front strut bearing is replaced.

Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, RWD said:



Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now