car_lover2015

The All New Mazda 2 (2016/sedan)

Question

Hey folks,

Good day to all of you, so let me start with this first, i'm planing to buy a new car around 5mil. Initially i wanted to buy the all new Mazda 3 and colonial motors only has it with 1.6cc engine (This one doesn't come with skyactive engine). I'm keen about this new skyactive engine so they offered me the all new Mazda 2 Sedan with skyactive engine, It will cost me around 4.6m. It looks pretty darn good actually, and i really like it.

Has anyone had a chance to test it? if so what do you think about it?

Please share your thoughts about this car,

Thank you.

64 answers to this question

20 hours ago, RWD said:

Supra/Car lover or anyone who owns a new 6,3 or 2

Dug up this thread because you guys had suspension issues on your cars. I had the same knocking sound going over speed bumps which turned out to be a bad shock mount. This was sorted under warranty but a few weeks later the sound is back. When you Google 'mazda3 or mazda6 2014 suspension noises' this seems to be a common issue on the new mazdas. Was your issue sorted permanantly- and if so what did Col*nial Motors do to fix it? Going to have to take the car back their again- but I am now out of warranty!

A friend of mine has a new 2 and she also has the same problem- so its definitely not an isolated case!

Hey RWD, I am abroad right now, so my wife is using the car, she has no clue about these issues but I think everything is ok at the moment, CM just replaced those front mounts that's all as i remember.  I will get back to SL in september then I will give you guys an update. 

On 4/19/2017 at 5:15 PM, RWD said:

Supra/Car lover or anyone who owns a new 6,3 or 2

Dug up this thread because you guys had suspension issues on your cars. I had the same knocking sound going over speed bumps which turned out to be a bad shock mount. This was sorted under warranty but a few weeks later the sound is back. When you Google 'mazda3 or mazda6 2014 suspension noises' this seems to be a common issue on the new mazdas. Was your issue sorted permanantly- and if so what did Col*nial Motors do to fix it? Going to have to take the car back their again- but I am now out of warranty!

A friend of mine has a new 2 and she also has the same problem- so its definitely not an isolated case!

Sorry just saw this,

Colonial couldn't sort it out the first time I took it in. The sound went away for a couple of weeks but then came back. After that they replaced the shock mounts completely with new items and I haven't had an issue since then. Car has done almost 10,000 KM since the repair.

Haven't had any noise issues on the 6 so far and its at 45k KM now

On 15/01/2017 at 2:55 PM, car_lover2015 said:

Yes machan I agree with that. This mazda 2 hatch comes with a shark fin.

cache.jpg

op194-a29-Mazda32.jpg

Talking about shark fins, Yesterday managed to get my hands on an antenna (dummy) and fixed it just for the appearance.;)

Looks ok, but it looks better on latest models I guess. ^_^

IMAG0323.jpg

IMAG0324.jpg

Edited by sathyajithj99
1 person likes this

It looks alien to your car when looking at the photos.

10 minutes ago, Quiet said:

It looks alien to your car when looking at the photos.

:D

But I like it. 

10 minutes ago, sathyajithj99 said:

:D

But I like it. 

Oh well some find aliens pretty :huh:

9 minutes ago, Quiet said:

Oh well some find aliens pretty :huh:

You should ask that from a guy who bought the latest Prius :D

2016prius0.jpg

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Talking about shark fins, Yesterday managed to get my hands on an antenna (dummy) and fixed it just for the appearance.;)

Looks ok, but it looks better on latest models I guess. ^_^

IMAG0323.jpg

IMAG0324.jpg

Where did you get it from? ebay? I'm looking for a genuine Mazda shark fin, just don't want to install a chinese crap. By the way look at this  picture, 2017 M2 comes with a shark fin.

th_mzd_2_4.jpg

Edited by car_lover2015

3 hours ago, car_lover2015 said:

Where did you get it from? ebay? I'm looking for a genuine Mazda shark fin, just don't want to install a chinese crap. By the way look at this  picture, 2017 M2 comes with a shark fin.

th_mzd_2_4.jpg

It was from Delkanda. Not the real thing just the dummy. The real thing with wires was also available.

10 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

It was from Delkanda. Not the real thing just the dummy. The real thing with wires was also available.

Ok cool, can't find anything on ebay damn.

Hey guys,

Got these from ebay.

An armrest and set of 4 premium car mats. :D 

20170512_114717.jpg

20170512_114651.jpg

20170508_121430.jpg

2 people like this

13 hours ago, car_lover2015 said:

Hey guys,

Got these from ebay.

An armrest and set of 4 premium car mats. :D 

20170512_114717.jpg