• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Major Repairs In Regular Intervela - Yaris,belta,vios

udayanga_

Dear Experts

Can you please tell about major mechanical and electrical repairs or predicted repairs occurs in the Yaris,Belta and Vios cars in following millages.

Except normal services.

35,000 km

50,000 km

75,000 km

100,000 km

125,000 km

150,000 km

175,000 km

I also like know abut gear box repairs as well

Thanks!

Dear Experts

Can you please tell about major mechanical and electrical repairs or predicted repairs occurs in the Yaris,Belta and Vios cars in following millages.

Except normal services.

35,000 km

50,000 km

75,000 km

100,000 km

125,000 km

150,000 km

175,000 km

Thanks!

:D You should ask for advice from Sumanadasa uncle about predicted repairs :D Edited by sathyajithj99
  • Like 6

Dear Experts

Except normal services.

35,000 km

50,000 km

75,000 km

100,000 km

125,000 km

150,000 km

175,000 km

Thanks!

You lead a sad life dont you? Why dont you wait till something breaks or gives indication of failure and repair? No one can redict anything in a car.

Depends on how carefully you use the car and then what you consider as major repairs (For me an engine overhaul is a major repair whereas repairs like wheel/axle bearing, ball-joint, sensor changes are minor ones). All the models mentioned above have a good second hand value and that means no significant manufacturing defects in these models.

Edited by Rumesh88

Dear Experts

Except normal services.

35,000 km

50,000 km

75,000 km

100,000 km

125,000 km

150,000 km

175,000 km

Thanks!

i know what you are asking for here - example :there is heresay that 2007 Axio CVT boxes pack up after 100,000 KM. you want to know that right?

but it's really really hard to predict. It would be more sensible to keep a few hundred thousand in hand for any major repairs. I believe you're doing your best to make an informed decision. But some things you cannot predict.

It's like asking before marrying what kind of major disease will my wife get at

30 years

40 years

50 years

60 years

if she is obese,lazy and eat a lot then you can assume she will get a heart attack somewhere between 40 and 50 ? But actually who can tell???

All I did was refill the ATF on my Vios at around the 80k mark. I had it still the clock read 98, bought it when it was 54. No major repairs apart from regular wear and tear on suspension related components.

I'm plan to buy 2nd hand car, and there are cars with different mileages in the market. want to know the rough idea about what kind of failures i'm expecting in future. Because maintenance cost will be part of my budget in future. Previously i used diesel cab so i know what i have to be prepare in different millage Ex: Replacing timing belt @100,000. ,Nozle cleaning at 99,000 ..... etc..

HRM is right. You want a maintenance schedule, not a repair schedule. Wrong word.

Also, You could have an issue on that when buying a second hand car. Not only a genuine mileage issue, but also if the previous owner/s have done the required maintenance.

Dear Experts

Except normal services.

35,000 km

50,000 km

75,000 km

100,000 km

125,000 km

150,000 km

175,000 km

Thanks!

I got my mate use 2009 Belta and never had to change any gearbox as he use to service them with correct intervals (as per dealer) key thing is "maintenance"

most of my cars done over 250k and get the regular service schedule as per dealer no issue what so ever (touch wood)

Take this word mate, You look after the car and car will look after you

regards

JC

• Like 1

i know what you are asking for here - example :there is heresay that 2007 Axio CVT boxes pack up after 100,000 KM. you want to know that right?

but it's really really hard to predict. It would be more sensible to keep a few hundred thousand in hand for any major repairs. I believe you're doing your best to make an informed decision. But some things you cannot predict.

It's like asking before marrying what kind of major disease will my wife get at

30 years

40 years

50 years

60 years

if she is obese,lazy and eat a lot then you can assume she will get a heart attack somewhere between 40 and 50 ? But actually who can tell???

Actually we can think of some diseases she will get after the marriage by her family history of any diseases like Diabetes, heart diseases or any cancers.

In this case the car he has mentioned comes from a very reliable family of Toyota so no major diseases other than cough and cold. And it is too early to predict any disease by looking at other family members because they are still young and do not show any symptoms yet. :D

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="john cooper" data-cid="286494" data-time="1447801099"><p>

<br />

I got my mate use 2009 Belta and never had to change any gearbox as he use to service them with correct intervals (as per dealer) key thing is "maintenance"<br />

<br />

most of my cars done over 250k and get the regular service schedule as per dealer no issue what so ever (touch wood)<br />

<br />

Take this word mate, You look after the car and car will look after you<br />

<br />

regards<br />

JC</p></blockquote>