• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hybrid Tax Victims From Budget - Please Join

kanchanap

Hi,

If you have already opened a LC to your personal name to import a vehicle ( LCs opened before Budget) and now have to pay unreasonable huge tax overnight , please join the following group by sending a mail to

[email protected]

We are all planning to go to finance ministry and to request for an concession, since we have been asked to find sudden amount of money ranging from 8-20 lacks

Edited by kanchanap

I sincerely hope you can make something work, considering the size of the price increment.

However, this is not the first time vehicle prices have changed drastically and people have spoken up against such in the past. Did anyone succeed at any point? (I genuinely can't recall)

And hadn't this happened often enough to be a little prudent and avoid the 'budget times' to import a car in the first place?

• Like 1

well even the valuation hike last time was not implemented and a grace period given for LCs opened before a specific date.

However I remember there was a request by GOVT not to import vehicles till next budget. Maybe that was a warning people should have heeded since it was clear a price hike was on the horizon.

Anyways this is a very high increase and all the best to you guys and hope you get some concession.

I sincerely hope you can make something work, considering the size of the price increment.

However, this is not the first time vehicle prices have changed drastically and people have spoken up against such in the past. Did anyone succeed at any point? (I genuinely can't recall)

Yep, remember those hybrid importers that got affected by 2015 interim budget? They succeeded in persuading gov. to exclude their vehicles from tax hike...

http://www.lankatruth.com/home/sinhala/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14209%3A2015-02-27-06-05-01&catid=41%3Alocal&Itemid=74

To all the 'Victims' of the hybrid tax increase, there's a Toyota Corolla Axio Hybrid G for sale. Metlic Brown, Full opsun, scoop light, nikel door handel, beige sheets, fully loded, auto radar break, acpmpwwtfbbqroflcopter, only done 2300kms, starling worenty, 62 laks. mint conditon, only washed twice.

Edited by terrabytetango
  • Like 4

This is the subtle but ineffective way of saying something :

If I'my not wrong the govt. advised people not to import vehicle
However I remember there was a request by GOVT not to import vehicles till next budget. Maybe that was a warning people should have heeded since it was clear a price hike was on the horizon.

And this is the effective way of getting your point across :

Didnt the GOSL tell you monkeys wait till the budget is over?

:sport-smiley-004:

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="terrabytetango" data-cid="286917" data-time="1448606782"><p>

To all the 'Victims' of the hybrid tax increase, there's a Toyota Corolla Axio Hybrid G for sale. Metlic Brown, Full opsun, scoop light, nikel door handel, beige sheets, fully loded, auto radar break, acpmpwwtfbbqroflcopter, only done 2300kms, starling worenty, 62 laks. mint conditon, only washed twice.</p></blockquote>

Tired of it already?

To all the 'Victims' of the hybrid tax increase, there's a Toyota Corolla Axio Hybrid G for sale. Metlic Brown, Full opsun, scoop light, nikel door handel, beige sheets, fully loded, auto radar break, acpmpwwtfbbqroflcopter, only done 2300kms, starling worenty, 62 laks. mint conditon, only washed twice.

Tired of it already?

When I can go at least 550+kms on 30 litres of fuel? Hell no, Thel Higanna Level 3 yo.