• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Crv Auto Transmission Issue

Kennethr

Question

Hi Guys,

About three weeks ago the auto transmission on my 2004 crv failed to engage and i had the blinking light on D. As always when i am faced with an issue i peruse this forum to get advise on finding the best possible mechanic to handle the job, and chose Ch--d--a fro N--wala motors. In a couple of days the vehicle was ready for collection and seemed in great condition, however when i reached home after a drive in slow traffic conditions and shifted to park i noticed a rattling noise from the transmission, this happens in park and neutral and only after a long drive. I asked Ch--d--a about this and he said it is nothing to worry about...however after spending 70k on the repair i am worried and would appreciate some advise from the Pro members on the forum

Tks

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

Hi

I did question the guy as to the ATF he used he brushed it aside saying it does not make a difference...i am considering changing the atf to the genuine honda fluid which could be an expensive affair as i would have to flush out the system, but will be worth it if it solves the problem...please advise!!!

Changing ATF with what ever- ( Honda or generic) at this stage may not give you the miracle-cure you're looking for. But you can surely try.

Good luck.,

TT,.

P.s. Do take cost into account as you may have already replaced the unit with a used unit.