• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Prius 3Rd Gen Market Price

Autogeek

I want to know the current prius S 2011 model market price.

I can see some owners are putting ads with 4.2 range

The hybrid second hand vehicle have less second hand market.

I would like to know whether the actual market price is around 3.9

Edited by Autogeek

I want to know the current prius S 2011 model market price.

I can see some owners are putting ads with 4.2 range

The hybrid second hand vehicle have less second hand market.

I would like to know whether the actual market price is around 3.9

My friend bought a registered Prius (YOM - 2012-November) for 4.72 M after a good market search two weeks back. However the car was very low millage one.

Edited by gayanath

Haha,you friend must be an idiot to pay near reconditioned(new) price for such a high mileage car.but I am not surprised,since he seems to have a good advisor. Is it only me seeing some attempts to inflate the 2nd hand market of hybrids which is at the moment uncertain?

Haha,you friend must be an idiot to pay near reconditioned(new) price for such a high mileage car.but I am not surprised,since he seems to have a good advisor. Is it only me seeing some attempts to inflate the 2nd hand market of hybrids which is at the moment uncertain?

I don't know what you mean about the adviser. However its his own decisions and I got to know week after buying it.

I too thought the price is bit high and when I asked, he told me he couldn't found a good car for low price.

Note: I saw first hybrid car in Sri Lanka around 2004 or 2005 at our university premises if my memory serves me correct. At that time, no one thought hybrids will flood in Sri Lankan market (due to the price, complexity in technology, etc).

Therefore, the market is always uncertain.

Edited by gayanath

what ever is said... IMO a hybrid 2nd hand market should be dismal as time passes by due the main reason of the battery. 6-7years down the line you will not only have to face running repairs but also the battery replacement. BUT a normal car would not have the added cost of that.

It seems he has given slightly more for 2012 prius

A 2011 S model well maintained is going around 3.9

2012 face lift models are going around 4.2-4.4 range.

Just now checked the Autolanka and ik**n.

No 2012 less than 4.65 M

Edited by gayanath

A 260 for 4 million will be 9 years old now and in pretty crappy condition, because even the cheapest go for at least 4.2 these days. Anyone who considers paying that much money for a car nearly a decade old is a fool.

• Like 3

A 260 for 4 million will be 9 years old now and in pretty crappy condition, because even the cheapest go for at least 4.2 these days. Anyone who considers paying that much money for a car nearly a decade old is a fool.

So it's a genius to buy a hybrid? A 2012 Prius for 4.2 mil?.. :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004:

I bet if you buy a Prius and Allion today.. If you are going to sell them lets say in 2020.. Price for 2012 <<<<< Allion 260 lets say 2008 Model :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

P.S. Of course you can't buy only looking for Internet advertisements.. :sad-smiley-066: :sad-smiley-066: :sad-smiley-066:

• Like 2

So it's a genius to buy a hybrid? A 2012 Prius for 4.2 mil?.. :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004:

I bet if you buy a Prius and Allion today.. If you are going to sell them lets say in 2020.. Price for 2012 <<<<< Allion 260 lets say 2008 Model :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

P.S. Of course you can't buy only looking for Internet advertisements.. :sad-smiley-066: :sad-smiley-066: :sad-smiley-066:

Oh really? and have you been to the future to be certain of this? Also why wouldn't anyone be able to buy them? 2020 is just 4 years away.

Edited by terrabytetango

Don't let your life in trouble... :speechless-smiley-004: You are living in Sri Lanka which has no strong policies. Everything will change when the tax structure changed.

Further, when auto gear cars came to market, same kind of issues were there quoting gearbox is non repairable, so second hand market could be less, etc. But now people are recommending Allion with CVT gearboxes which are non repairable than auto box.

B2Spirit could be quite right.

• Like 1

Oh really? and have you been to the future to be certain of this? Also why wouldn't anyone be able to buy them? 2020 is just 4 years away.

Nope I've seen what happened to 1st gen Prius, The struggle they gone through to sell them.. Can't even sell them to the value of bare metal.. OR else have to find a pulltalam donkey.. :sad-smiley-067: :sad-smiley-067: :sad-smiley-067:

By the way the 1st gen hybrids have reached 7-8 year mark.. :music-smiley-019: :music-smiley-019:

P.S. I am not against the hybrids, It's the market + taxes made them this.. It's kind of a throw away vehicle..

Edited by aruntantan
  • Like 1

Nope I've seen what happened to 1st gen Prius, The struggle they gone through to sell them.. Can't even sell them to the value of bare metal.. OR else have to find a pulltalam donkey.. :sad-smiley-067: :sad-smiley-067: :sad-smiley-067:

By the way the 1st gen hybrids have reached 7-8 year mark.. :music-smiley-019: :music-smiley-019:

P.S. I am not against the hybrids, It's the market + taxes made them this.. It's kind of a throw away vehicle..

The problems with the 1st Gen Prius is well documented as it is with any 1st model of a new technology.

So them having negative perception is no surprise.

What you have to consider is the 2nd and to a larger extent the 3rd Gen as that's what most Prius's in SL falls under.

The problems with the 1st Gen Prius is well documented as it is with any 1st model of a new technology.

So them having negative perception is no surprise.

What you have to consider is the 2nd and to a larger extent the 3rd Gen as that's what most Prius's in SL falls under.

You mean 1st gen users are the lab rats?.. Yeah maybe in 2016 model they have improved a lot.. but it's closer to 7 million is way too far unfair.. :(

Absolutely wrong ! the 1st gen Prius is now 12-18 years old and is the W10 series.

I think you are confussing the 1st gen with the 2nd generation Prius. The 2nd generation W20 series has been around for 12-7 years or so...and the third generation W30 for 7 years or so.

There are only a handful of W10 series Prius in Sri Lanka. Seen only three in person in Sri Lanka and two of them were running on a Corolla engine/drive-train. The other apparently was still a Hybrid.

<now here is the slap in the face part..just because I am feeling aggressive today>

So a small response to some comments I saw up there...

Hasn't it been about 10 years since Hybrids started coming to Sri Lanka in mass form ? So in nearly a decade our service technicians haven't been able to develop skills or facilities to properly fix a Hybrid car ? Next 7 years or so I am sure it will change <says I rolling my eyes>....but then those damn Helium and hydrogen cars will come out...and advice given to car buyers would be to buy Helim and Hydrogen cars....crap !!!

If I remember right it took only about 3-4 years for skills/know how on ATs to build up in SL.

Yes...people are advising people to buy Allions with CVTs as opposed to ATs...but then you are forgetting the fact that in Sri Lanka, 97.5765% of car buyers only want to hear advice that shows them how to save money and be cheap in the short-run. So whatever is the flavor of the year that makes it cheap to buy and run that would be the advice given to the masses. TCO is for donkies !

See...

- 97.5675% of Sri Lankan car owners buy what ever is cheap to buy, cheap to run and can lift the skirts up of their neighbors' daughter's husband's brother's wife.

- 60% of the people advising these people are also the very same people.

- the remaining 40% of advice comes from our ever consumer loving car sales people who will feed any damn lie to anyone to sell any piece of crud. and they know very well that 97.5765% of the car buyers just buy cars that are cheap to run with a low price tag.

<yes on the other end of the spectrum you also have cars like BMWs and Mercs falling in to the hands of new money cheap #$#% who buy them just for show)

Okay..now can I see some fireworks ?

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

So? You were arguing against the 3rd gen Prius, not the 1st. Don't deviate from your point when you can't support it. Also please direct me to whomever is selling their 1st gen Prius and I will buy it from them. It will be the perfect toy for me to experiment with.

Uhh...there aren't any 1st gen Priuses coming up for sale so I have no idea how anyone can figure out how hard it is to sell them !

People !

1st Generation : Far left dark green car

2nd Generation : Middle ice blue car (I think this guy is referring to this as 1st gen ?)

3rd Generation : Far right dark grey car

Toyota-Prius-Generations.jpg

• Like 1

I have one of my friend who used two second generation Prius and now using Axio hybrid.

I got this detail from him few hours ago and hope this will help to figure out the behavior.

bought first Prius 2nd gen in 2011 (having no much options) - unregistered, YOM-2008/01, millage-65k, price-3.35 M

sold it in 2013, millage 133k, price-2.775 M

bought another Prius 2nd gen in 2013 (having several options including cruise control) - registered, YOM-2008/05, millage-60k, price-3.15 M

sold it (trade in for unregistered Axio) 2015 - millage 100k, price- 2.8 M *he told me, he thought he couldn't sold this to even 2.5 M, but after the tax increase in 2015 he could value it to 2.8 M

Uhh...there aren't any 1st gen Priuses coming up for sale so I have no idea how anyone can figure out how hard it is to sell them !

People !

1st Generation : Far left dark green car

2nd Generation : Middle ice blue car (I think this guy is referring to this as 1st gen ?)

3rd Generation : Far right dark grey car

Toyota-Prius-Generations.jpg

Don't forget the 4th gen. The car sale opposite my building has a brand spanking new base model (with NiMH batteries, not lithium). Waiting for an opportune time to check it out.

I have one of my friend who used two second generation Prius and now using Axio hybrid.

I got this detail from him few hours ago and hope this will help to figure out the behavior.

bought first Prius 2nd gen in 2011 (having no much options) - unregistered, YOM-2008/01, millage-65k, price-3.35 M

sold it in 2013, millage 133k, price-2.775 M

bought another Prius 2nd gen in 2013 (having several options including cruise control) - registered, YOM-2008/05, millage-60k, price-3.15 M

sold it (trade in for unregistered Axio) 2015 - millage 100k, price- 2.8 M *he told me, he thought he couldn't sold this to even 2.5 M, but after the tax increase in 2015 he could value it to 2.8 M

He will be worshiping R couple for the tax increase... :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Otherwise a 2013 vehicle almost lost him a fortune.. Your Vios lost only 3.5 laks, if you sold it in the right time.. You won't lose that much and it should be later than 2007?.. Not bad for a 8 year old car comparing to a two year old car loss...

Wonder what happen to the 7 million 2016 prius in 2020?.. If the R couple is there no worries.. :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: :speechless-smiley-004: