• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Pajero Io

fiat fan

Hi Guys...

So I sold my FD1 and the Alto(sister owned,abused by me)... Happy news is my brother bought the FD1... So now I am back to car hunting.. I am gonna get a 2011 Audi A4 for me.. Enough OT, sry abt that...

Here is the issue. The Alto was bought by my sister and her husband.. But soon they started disliking the car and I just ran it and sorta riced it.. And we sold it off..

They are now going to buy a Pajero Io. Probably a post 2001 model.. We used to own one back in the day when they just landed in the country.. Since it was vrand new we ran it well and sold ot off on 2 years and moved to something else... It had all the bells and whistles the io came in...

Now the issue is,we will be buying one second hand,and now they are bit old..how are they coping up? I checked all the threads in the forum. But most were dated at 2013 max.. So I want to know the current situation of the io`s.

Has the pump failing got any permanent solutions?

How much is a pump ?

What should I pay for an io?

Anything to look at specifically when buying?(we check it at that car checks place anyway)

Can I find a fully loaded model?

How are parts priced?

Any other alternative vehicle to look for?max is 2.6 million. Should be a mini suv or small crossover cos the roads we run are shitty and full of pot holes..

Thanx all. Sorry for the loooong rant

Hi Guys...

...Has the pump failing got any permanent solutions?

Yes. Its called replacing it with a new one.

How much is a pump ?

However much the part pimps at Panchi can get you to fork out for one of their 'genuine, top-class, unused, untouched by human hands, almost-new, pumps from Japan'.

Depends on the condition of the ai-yo no? And the final price really depends on how badly you want one. Better make sure you don't get carried away and forget to budget for repairs when buying your ai-yo; otherwise it'll be ai-ai-yo for you!

Anything to look at specifically when buying?(we check it at that car checks place anyway)

Going by your post I would say: The pump?

Can.

How are parts priced?

Depends on the part, but as a general rule of thumb each part is priced by its intrinsic worth plus a premium based on market demand and supply. Please ref above to my answer to the question: "How much is a pump ?" for some good humoured clarification.

Any other alternative vehicle to look for?max is 2.6 million. Should be a mini suv or small crossover cos the roads we run are shitty and full of pot holes..

Well if you go by the village logic around where I live; the best vehicle to navigate potholes / shitty roads is a tuk-tuk / three-wheeler / motorized trishaw, as you can just drive around the potholes. I don't know whether you can call it a small SUV or crossover though, as three-wheelers only have three wheels. BUT I have seen one where I live, with a "4x4 TRD" sticker on it. Maybe that one could be classified as such? I could ask the owner 'Sunil-baas' whether he's looking to sell if you're interested...

No problem. I expect you to forgive me for my indulgence above as well. I couldn't resist. I'm sorry. (Well not really, but it seemed like the proper thing to say...)

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 4

Ive no knowledge of the latest trends with IOs so cant answer most of your questions.

Just a suggestion - for 2.6 mill dont u like to get hold of a vitara?

I checked on the internet. Most were manual gear,and the condition of most are shitty. Let me know if you know a good one :)

Hi Guys...

How much is a pump ?

However much the part pimps at Panchi can get you to fork out for one of their 'genuine, top-class, unused, untouched by human hands, almost-new, pumps from Japan'.

Depends on the condition of the ai-yo no? And the final price really depends on how badly you want one. Better make sure you don't get carried away and forget to budget for repairs when buying your ai-yo; otherwise it'll be ai-ai-yo for you!

Can I find a fully loaded model?Can.

How are parts priced?

Depends on the part, but as a general rule of thumb each part is priced by its intrinsic worth plus a premium based on market demand and supply. Please ref above to my answer to the question: "How much is a pump ?" for some good humoured clarification.

Well if you go by the village logic around where I live; the best vehicle to navigate potholes / shitty roads is a tuk-tuk / three-wheeler / motorized trishaw, as you can just drive around the potholes. I don't know whether you can call it a small SUV or crossover though, as three-wheelers only have three wheels. BUT I have seen one where I live, with a "4x4 TRD" sticker on it. Maybe that one could be classified as such? I could ask the owner 'Sunil-baas' whether he's looking to sell if you're interested...

No problem. I expect you to forgive me for my indulgence above as well. I couldn't resist. I'm sorry. (Well not really, but it seemed like the proper thing to say...)

1. I saw JDnet saying his pump busted and he replaced it with another. Even the new one busted in 3 months(was it 4?). Thats why I asked for a permanent solution instead of just replacing it all the time...

2.yeah,well thats how parts are.agreed. Just asked if it would cost me a kidney to get spares.

3.haha nothing beats a tuk in shitty road :P they thrash them into the holes like it was their job... Just that a tuk costs 300 bucks one way(2 people leave the house and come everyday. 300*4=1200) with that money we would rather pay for petrol. And they need a car for trips,functions,babys clinics and stuff.so need a car :)

Kavvz, just when I thought sarcasm on the forum was all but gone :) ROTFLMAO

Hi Guys...

How much is a pump ?

Can.

How are parts priced?

I checked on the internet. Most were manual gear,and the condition of most are shitty. Let me know if you know a good one :)

We've had one from new (imported brand new by Unit#d Mot#rs as a Montero IO) since 2004

Non-GDI so we haven't had any of this pump drama or any drama to be honest! - it's been a case of just pump petrol n go

Hello Fiat fan

Let me add some for you

Has the pump failing got any permanent solutions? not sure about "permanent" solve, but use better fuel minimum 95 and you get better life out of it

How much is a pump ? Pass

What should I pay for an io? Pass

Anything to look at specifically when buying?(we check it at that car checks place anyway) Check for a valve noise around the GDI pump with idle please stay away. Have a good look around the silencer for un burn fuel marks (you may see black smoke buildup). Check the 4WD light blink which is a common issue with stuck solenoids but be sure 4WD and C/D lock is working.

Can I find a fully loaded model? My idea is GDI turbo is kinda top of the line (correct me if i am wrong)

How are parts priced? not sure about body parts but engine parts should be ok but its a guess.

Any other alternative vehicle to look for? Vitara/ Escudo 1.6cc, Nissan X-Trail or RAV4

regards

JC

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys.thnx for the help. We bought a Montero IO yesterday... Even though its a montero IO,it has the GDI engine..

The vehicle is in good condition. No pump issues or engine issues. Had a small idle RPM loss,was solved after a tune up. It doesnt have the teak steering or the MIS display on the dash,Just the clock. No sunroof either.so bit sad,but it the price was too good to be true. So we bought it.

It has one issue. That is the remote key does not work. The buttons are cracked on the middle for starters. The biggest issue is that the two metal switches on the chip is broken. I have the pieces with me.can I fix it? Or can I buy a new key,which would work with this vehicle?

Thanx all

Hi guys.thnx for the help. We bought a Montero IO yesterday... Even though its a montero IO,it has the GDI engine.. The vehicle is in good condition. No pump issues or engine issues. Had a small idle RPM loss,was solved after a tune up. It doesnt have the teak steering or the MIS display on the dash,Just the clock. No sunroof either.so bit sad,but it the price was too good to be true. So we bought it. It has one issue. That is the remote key does not work. The buttons are cracked on the middle for starters. The biggest issue is that the two metal switches on the chip is broken. I have the pieces with me.can I fix it? Or can I buy a new key,which would work with this vehicle? Thanx all

Congrats on the purchase! You can try soldering a new set of buttons on to the board, even though the board has SMD components, the swithces are somewhat big so it should be a simple DIY.

These buttons can be bought from most electronic shops if you go with a sample, if you can't find them, you have to look in electonic shops @ Pettah - 1st Cross Street.

If the only issue with the remote is the buttons, the remote should work just fine. You can check this by using a small wire to short out 2 of the opposite pins for each button on the chip, be careful not to let the wire touch anywhere else though.

It has one issue. That is the remote key does not work. The buttons are cracked on the middle for starters. The biggest issue is that the two metal switches on the chip is broken. I have the pieces with me.can I fix it? Or can I buy a new key,which would work with this vehicle? Thanx all

Look up on eBay or Aliexpress. You should be able to find. Found this on the first search on eBay.

Don't try to solder those yourself if you're not familiar with soldering SMDs. A heat gun has to be used with that setup or you might lift the pads from the PCB and make it FUBAR. Try and get a hold of a phone repair guy who does board level repairs (most guys these days swap out faulty power regulators and the like on new phones with ease).

• Like 1