• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

15% Vat On Mazda 3

jwenn

Hi all,

This is my first post in Autolanka forum and I'm really happy to be a part of this online community. So as of my first post I'll jump into a question.

I have recently ordered Mazda 3 (standard model 1.6L) from Colonial Motors priced at 6.2Mil and I want to know will there be a price change of it due to the VAT increase in May 2nd. The sales rep I have contacted said that there's will be no price changes since the shipment is coming on May 7th (but I'm not so sure about his words)

So what do you guys think?

Thanks

Hi all,

This is my first post in Autolanka forum and I'm really happy to be a part of this online community. So as of my first post I'll jump into a question.

I have recently ordered Mazda 3 (standard model 1.6L) from Colonial Motors priced at 6.2Mil and I want to know will there be a price change of it due to the VAT increase in May 2nd. The sales rep I have contacted said that there's will be no price changes since the shipment is coming on May 7th (but I'm not so sure about his words)

So what do you guys think?

Thanks

well personally I wont believe what the sales guys say

you need to get it i writing

oh jeez....

you had to open an autolanka account to ask this question?

and how does it matter what we think?

Yes I did open an account, is there any problem? Well I don't see any

It does matter to me what you all think (excluding you) because I believe, in this community there are lot of people with similar experiences regarding these kind of situations. So I like to hear them out

Edited by jwenn

I also ordered a Mazda 6 which will be delivered in June. They gave me an written undertaking to deliver the vehicle for a fixed price of Rs.7.60Mn as i paid Rs.0.50Mn advance.

You should have got a undertaking letter if you have paid an advance. Should contact the Director Sales - Alex

If any tax amendment imposed on imported product, it should be paid while clearing from customs. Currently no VAT for motor vehicles and the tax system has simplified with single tax. If VAT imposed for motor cars additionally from 2nd May onwards, it should be paid for your car since it will be clearing after 2nd may. It's up to the importer to pay it by himself reducing from his profit or ask you to pay additionally.

If government says VAT will be imposed for vehicles which LC oped after 2nd May, then you or importer will be safe.

Therefore it depends on the way the regulations issued by the GoSL . and I think those are still not published.

However, if importer given in writing to you, then they will bear the cost. Do they really take 15% loss??

Edit: Customs has published the VAT amendment http://www.customs.gov.lk/tariff/vat160502.pdf

Motor vehicles not included

Edited by gayanath

Thanks a lot gayanath

If any tax amendment imposed on imported product, it should be paid while clearing from customs. Currently no VAT for motor vehicles and the tax system has simplified with single tax. If VAT imposed for motor cars additionally from 2nd May onwards, it should be paid for your car since it will be clearing after 2nd may. It's up to the importer to pay it by himself reducing from his profit or ask you to pay additionally.

If government says VAT will be imposed for vehicles which LC oped after 2nd May, then you or importer will be safe.

Therefore it depends on the way the regulations issued by the GoSL . and I think those are still not published.

However, if importer given in writing to you, then they will bear the cost. Do they really take 15% loss??

Edit: Customs has published the VAT amendment http://www.customs.gov.lk/tariff/vat160502.pdf

Motor vehicles not included