• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitshubishi Outlander 2.4 Liter Fuel Consumption

zenonmanesh

Hi! I'm going to purchase a 2015 2.4 liter, Petrol, Fully loaded , Outlander which imported trough Unit#d Mot#rs as a brand new vehicle.

One person told me that the fuel consumption of this vehicle is 7 km per liter, Sales officer from Unit#d Mot#rs said it's around 8 or 9. Help me to identify real fuel consumption on our road conditions. Please share your experiences.

Thank You!

Senon Manesh

Edited by zenonmanesh

Realistically cars of this category get around 6-7 kmpl....sure sometimes you might be able to get 8ish depending on seasonal traffic, driving pattern etc...but that would be an exception to the norm rather than the norm.

Granted I have never used a Outlander....just going by the other models in the same category....where there too the sales people claim 8 - 9 (even 10 in case of the CR-V).

Our sales people are known to promise the sun and moon !

With our traffic,contaminated fuel and tamped fuel station pumps what can you expect?

Adding the A/c run on max,..

:sleeping-smiley-008:

pls look at older threads here.

Edited by Twin Turbo

One golden rule, you should never get facts such as fuel economy, maintenace, durability etc of a vehicle from salesmen. Do your research online and read reviews, forums etc to get more accurate information.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I know its an old thread, but since i have been using the 2.4L patrol version for close to a year now i thought il mention the fuel consumption rates in different scenarios which i have experienced regularly so that t will help in case someone is looking for this info.

Millage of the Vehicle - approx 52,000 KM

01. Driving  mostly in constant slow flowing traffic with AC with an average speed of 20-40 Km/H (Rajagiriya / Col 03 / Duplication Road / Dehiwala / Wellawatta / Nugegoda / Fort)  : 5.6 to 6.0 KmPL 

03. Driving on Sundays with really less or no traffic at all within Colombo city : 6.25 to 7.14 KmPL (Rajagiriya / Col 03 / Duplication Road / Dehiwala / Wellawatta / Nugegoda / Fort)

02. Highways (avg vehicle speed 80Km/h): 12  KmPL

03. Highways (avg speed 100Km/h  ): 13 to 14 KmPL

04. Out of Colombo but not highways during day time (Chilaw / Avissawella / Negombo) : 10 to 11 KmPL (avg vehicle speed 60-70Km/h with  less traffic )

05.  Nuwara Eliya and back (1st time driving to N'Eliya) : Trip Average 11 KmPL (with AC)

**Did some testing by switching off AC in city limits / highways on couple of occasions cz my friends who use hybrid Axios and Vezels always say they save by switching off AC , but i didnt notice any considerable difference in fuel consumption in my vehicle. Tbh such Insignificant difference which is not worth the suffering under hot sun and the getting the dust and dirt into your vehicle due to opened windows which you might have to again spend money / time cleaning the interior ?