• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Power Window Issue - Allion 240

aamarakoon

Question

Hello guys,

Since a couple of days I can't close the front passenger window (but can roll it down) with the driver's switch. To close it I have to use the passenger door's own switch. I took off the switch but this is not the direct copper electrical contact type which one can scratch and clean. There is a circuit board with contact similar to those found in computer keyboards. Is there to clean them, or do I have to replace the whole control unit? Thanks

This is the type of contact

post-45570-0-98811400-1466420091_thumb.j

4 answers to this question

yep that type of contacts is what you normally find in tv remotes and stuff . take a dry clean cloth and try to clean it . if you have some contact cleaner use it . not sure if carb and choke cleaner is too harmfull . but if all else is not there take some cologne and wipe those black dots clean . and also the rubber pad with the small carbon dots . clean all of those and see if it works . dont scratch the circuit board coz there's probably some protective coating on it to prevent the contacts from oxidizing . and check if all the wires are intact and that water hasnt got inside the circuitboard and oxidised the IC contacts.

Do not scratch the pads on the PCB. Instead look at the black pad on the switch, it's probably worn out. The easiest thing to do (and i've done this for similar issues) is to use the black pad from a broken remote control.

Edited by terrabytetango