• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Ga13

SANCAR

Question

Dear Friends,

Previously I thought to buy a March K10 and gave up that idea as advised by forum members.
After some time I collected some money and bought Nissan Y10 AD Wagon. Below are some details.

Nissan Y10
Automatic transmission
1300CC GA13 engine

I bought that in a hurry and had no time to even go through Autolanka forum.
Previous owner has treated the car poorly. I had to do lot of repairing things. (oil leaks,
AC system, Braking system, Radiator, Shocks, etc..)
EFI tunning was also done. Now the car is somewhat good.

The problem now I facing is LESS PULLING POWER. Lot of overtaking issues. Even on a slight
hilly road car is slowing badly. I think this is due to 1.3 engine.

One of my friend said about 2 options.

1. Engine swap- to GA15 (I don't know how much it cost)

2. Sell 1.3 Y10 and buy 1.5 Y10. (Again I will face lot of repairing things)

Friends, How can I overcome this?

Pls advise.

19 answers to this question

12 hours ago, SANCAR said:

I'm going to repair the distributor. Will it increase the pulling power?

The oil leak near your distributor is probably due to the distributor o-ring being bad. Replacing that will solve the leak, but I doubt it will improve pulling power. By the way, what's the mileage of the car?

As part of your tune-up, were the injectors cleaned as well?

Don't go for the engine swap mate. It will seriously depreciate your cars resale value. Better sell the vehicle and look for a other model. BTW what kind of oil leaks you had?

48 minutes ago, Davy said:

The oil leak near your distributor is probably due to the distributor o-ring being bad. Replacing that will solve the leak, but I doubt it will improve pulling power. By the way, what's the mileage of the car?

A properly set (ignition timing) distributor will improve pulling power isn't it davy ?

Edited by NRX

8 minutes ago, NRX said:

A properly set (ignition timing) distributor will improve pulling power isn't it davy ?

That's correct. I think OP was expecting pulling power to increase as a result of the distributor oil leak being fixed.

I've seen a guy adjust engine speed by turning the dis. Doh!

Getting more giddy-up from a car has 1001 things working together, speed is a bi-product. of combustion and efficiency.

Edited by Twin Turbo

Just now, Davy said:

Tks Davy.

Injectors were cleaned.

175000 kms

Distributer repaired. Oil leak was due to damaged oil seal not the O ring. I feel better pulling power than previous. FEELING HAPPY after loads of repairs.... im to travel a long trip via expressway, will post the result.

11 hours ago, shaalee said:

This is what happened to My Nissan Presea 1995 (auto). I think it is the same situation as you now I'm waiting for autolanka guys replies before take an action.distr.ibutor end leakpsd.jpg

Looks like the same issue as OP's. Distributor oil seal.

5 minutes ago, shaalee said:

Yeah, First I'm going to Petrol Spray wash to whole engine bay. Then replace the Distributor oil seal (O'ring).

Petrol spray wash ? i dont think thats a good idea since petrol is hard on plastic parts . U could use an engine degreaser . which would be much safer IMO. 

2 hours ago, Dushyantha said:

Petrol spray wash ? i dont think thats a good idea since petrol is hard on plastic parts . U could use an engine degreaser . which would be much safer IMO. 

Petrol isn't hard on plastic, if it was, then injectors and other plastic components inside carburetors should be affected by it. But yes, engine degreaser is the way to go.

• Like 1