• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Proton Gen 2 Vibration during highspeeds

ThnQ

Question

Yesterday, during mid acceleration on the highway, I noticed that there is a little vibration coming. It happens around 50-70km/h and once I exceed that speed and lift the throttle, it is unnoticeable. But if I try to accelerate and go faster like 90-100km/h, the vibration comes back. I'm not really sure where it's coming from. Both front passengers felt it. I have already checked the tyres to verify whether they lose or not. No problem there. Already done some digging on the net. Apparently it is more common than I thought. But no possible solution found. Should I be worried, cause my brother said it's kind of normal, :wacko: but I'm pretty sure that this does not happen before and it is very noticeable on highway.

ps - I don't drive much, so don't know much about the car. :mellow:

10 answers to this question

Meantime check the tires as well.. There could be wires broken inside the tire which isn't visible for us.

Also check the tie rods and front suspension, engine and gear box mounts..

And you can perform some simple test by jacking up the front of the car and ask someone to hold the steering straight and steady and u try moving the  both front tires left and right.. if its wobbling , better get that checked as well. since that could be the cause for the vibration..

Edited by PerfMad
typo
  • Like 1

Since everyone else has asked about wheel alignment need to know something else as well. 

Does it happen in a particular gear or at a certain rpm? 

An unbalanced flywheel can cause this as well. My Vios had this issue, even racing the engine in neutral while standing still would cause small regular vibration which could be felt by the driver through the steering wheel.

22 hours ago, terrabytetango said:

An unbalanced flywheel can cause this as well. My Vios had this issue, even racing the engine in neutral while standing still would cause small regular vibration which could be felt by the driver through the steering wheel.

Was that an auto ? You had it replaced ?

1 hour ago, NRX said:

Was that an auto ? You had it replaced ?

Yes an auto, and didn't have it replaced. It didn't give me nay trouble during my 4 years of ownership.