• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Hilux

krishanfdo

Question

hi,

i'm hoping to buy a hilux 2016 (3.0 version), can anyone please suggest whether i should buy it from Toyota Lanka  or a vehicle dealer?

and what is the difference between the two (as the company price is relatively low)

Edited by krishanfdo

3 answers to this question

Okay...so this has nothing to do with answering your question about the particular model. I am just going to repeat something I sing all the time...

Given the option of buying the same car from the agent vs. a "car dealer"; I would be willing to sacrifice a few creature comforts (for eg. Thai or European versions might have a few different options than the local ones in different grades) and always buy from the agent. Why ? Well the agent offers the manufacturer's warranty, so no BS excuses and making you run around. If there is a difference in opinion between the owner an the agent you can always escalate the case with the manufacturer and see if an amicable solution can be reached. Secondly, the agent is not going to sell you a car that will not work in the local market or ones they can't fix (at least they shouldn't).  Thirdly, from the agent you KNOW you are getting a brand new car.

With buying from a "car dealer"...well you are at their mercy for services and warranty, etc...and we all know they promise you the sun and the moon in regards to after sales service and warranty; but, lets be honest...90% of the car dealers out there are money hoarding #@$%s :D With a car dealer and their reputation you will have even the smallest of doubts if the car is completely new...you might be getting some car that was used for a few months (at least as a demo car at a dealership there).

Now, in certain countries..."car dealers" can service manufacturers' cars under warranty because of how the system works (either being franchisees of the brand or registered dealers under the local agent). I seriously doubt in SL that is the case, although they say they can service it under warranty.

So yeah...

As for why the local agent's model is cheaper ? Well could be the specifications of the car. Perhaps what the local agent offers has less accessories offered as standard (and as options). ?

Anyway, that is just my view....

• Like 2