• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Thilinadinith

Question

Hi folks , 

i need a big help as im stucked with what to buy for my budget . I will state my requirements as below. 

• Vehicle should falls under 2.0-2.6million budget
  • since im driving frequently it should do a good fuel consumption (at least 14 kmpl ) 
  • it should repair free ( even if i get repair cost must be lower with parts and services ) 
  • prefer brand new one or 2nd hand one not much old ( i hate those 90s cars ) 
  • should have a good interior and conditions ( patta gahala nathi ekak ) 

• when i research the market  as brand new and like brand new vehicles i found followings in my budget. 
  1. celerio -2nd hand YOM 2015
  2. hyundai eon 
  3. renault kwid
  4. alto k10 and 800

• As second hand 
  1. toyota vios
  2. vitz (old one -2002 to 2005 ) 
  3. swift 
  4. mazda bj5p 
  5. honda city (new model) -2003
  6. suzuki astar ( not much interested ) 
  7.  VW bora 
  8.  corolla 110 
  9.  lancer cs2
  10.  fb 15 and n16 

Please advice me regarding these vehicles or new options that i can have . And please state the rejection or acceptances reasons as well it will help alot to make a decision for me 

Edited by Thilinadinith

18 answers to this question

5 hours ago, matroska said:

Check my answers in Blue.

Thankz @matroska nicey explained most of my points 

what are the unique problems which are for swift ? 

And can you please tell me the pros and cons for lancer cs2 and bj5p ? Yes vios is bit above the margin (i mean a well maintained one ) 

and there is another option it is kia picanto . And suggestions about that ? Normally 2011 models going around 21 

agree with your view on patta gahala senario and yeah old ones cannot compare but i feel like 110 and fb15s are damn old and interior are  already recked. 

GD1 , aeria , city (malasiyan ) are in my price range but seems it doesnt have a value in market dont know why 

can you explain more information about cvt problem and its symptoms? 

Since you haven't mentioned Safety/Comfort/Driving pleasure/Looks/Basic options (P/ mirrors, P/S, etc), as your requirements and clearly you ain't gonna take care of the car you buy (seriously, a repair-free car?!) by all means go for a KWID or an ALTO 800/K10.

Edited by Jor-el
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Jor-el said:

Since you haven't mentioned Safety/Comfort/Driving pleasure/Looks/Basic options (P/ mirrors, P/S, etc), as your requirements and clearly you ain't gonna take care of the car you buy (seriously, a repair-free car?!) by all means go for a KWID or an ALTO 800/K10.

A repair free car wahahahahahaha :D

12 hours ago, Jor-el said:

I too agree with Jor-el. No enough information to comment about KWID, but Alto K10 is best for your case. K10 is better in pulling power and fuel comparing with 800. 

- only in the aspect of

1. good in fuel,

2. repair free and/or low cost to repair,

3. Brand new - no need to caught by lying sellers so stress free. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gayanath said:

I too agree with Jor-el. No enough information to comment about KWID, but Alto K10 is best for your case. K10 is better in pulling power and fuel comparing with 800. 

- only in the aspect of

1. good in fuel,

Found following info, if you need to compare. :P

http://www.elakiri.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20167244&postcount=79

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgJnDChqYh0

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jor-el said:

Hi jor-el, 

1st thanks lot for suggestion. And sorry i didn't  mention  those cause it is not possible  to have all in the budget i have so i mentioned  the aspects what i really needs ( it doesn't  mean that indomt want a comfortable , safety  car but with the budget  it is impossible  to have)  

2nd thing what i implie as a maintaince free car  is that i dont want to be in garage for all the time and parts should not be hard to find and not much expensive. Some euro cars parts are damn expensive.  Thats what i mean by repair free car not a car without repairs and thats why i even talk about second hand options  like fb15,  110,  etc 

On 7/29/2016 at 6:48 PM, Thilinadinith said:

Hi folks , 

i need a big help as im stucked with what to buy for my budget . I will state my requirements as below. 

• since im driving frequently it should do a good fuel consumption (at least 14 kmpl )  I don't know about Alto/ Quit  Kwid Celerio etc but normally 14Kmpl is a bit difficult to achieve specially in city limits.
  • it should repair free ( even if i get repair cost must be lower with parts and services )  Repair free cars are non existent. parts are cheaper for alto. It's not difficult to find parts for usual Jap cars either. Costs vary
  • prefer brand new one or 2nd hand one not much old ( i hate those 90s cars )  rather than age it's the condition of the car that matters. I once saw a 3 year old Micro Panda that looked like it had been gang-raped and I couldn't even compare it with the 18 yo (back then ) nissan my dad had. 
  • should have a good interior and conditions ( patta gahala nathi ekak )  a brand new alto etc will not be 'patta gahala' but even if you don't 'patta gahuwa' it after a few years it will look like it's been through a lot. Trust  me the build quality is inferior and it will show pretty soon. If you intend to ride a car for 3-4 years without considering safety, comfort etc while feeling smug about the fact that your car is 'repair-free' and how little it costs to drive 1km  and afterwards dispose it by all means go for an econo-indian. 

• when i research the market  as brand new and like brand new vehicles i found followings in my budget. 
  2. hyundai eon 
  3. renault kwid
  4. alto k10 and 800

• As second hand 
  1. toyota vios  search hard for a well maintained one. Will serve you well. 
  3. swift solid little car. Same as the cruze. Very good ground clearance.  Has a few niggles unique to the car but nothing serious search the forum for more info.
  4. mazda bj5p  one of my personal favorites. Had a few in the office that had been abused for decades still going strong. Good value for money. 
  7.  VW bora 
  8.  corolla 110   terribly overpriced. 
  9.  lancer cs2  Probably the best out of the lot. 
  10.  fb 15 and n16  Personally prefer the FB15 over the N16 which is quite bland to be honest. Much like the 110 overpriced.

Also consider Honda Fit GD1 if you can find one without any CVT problems that would be a decent choice as well,.

Please advice me regarding these vehicles or new options that i can have . And please state the rejection or acceptances reasons as well it will help alot to make a decision for me 

Check my answers in Blue.

2 hours ago, gayanath said:

- only in the aspect of

1. good in fuel,

Yeah good comment @gayanath and thanks for the comment. Im my case i dont personally like alto and vivia elite not cause of car is not good it my personal favoration. Any other options?  

2 hours ago, kusumsiri said:

2 hours ago, Jor-el said:

Hi @kusumsiri , @Jor-el

i have read those.  and even facebook got shared those. in those elakiri forum it has a battle between used Japanese car owners and new indian vehicle buyers. i went through closely with those mentioned points . most are not valid since they do not compared with same catergory vehicle ( obviously you cannot buy a high end, high safety vehicle for a low budget value ) and  i research on those points mentioned with mechanics , people who already have these , people who had this for more than 8 months who lives in india etc. so comparing to those main problems are not one signal light , hand brake leaver is not straight, two speakers , head light leveler is manual  etc

but there is a doubt with

seeping water into cabin area

engine noise and performance issue when it comes into fully load ( 54HP ) 

Front axle is not painted there for it will tend to decay 

oil container is plastic and no skid plate 

in here main problem will be the seeping water into cabin area which is a manufacturing issue for some cars ( still Renault India , Renault Sri Lanka doesn't response to this issue. 

On July 29, 2016 at 6:18 PM, Thilinadinith said:

Hi folks , 

• since im driving frequently it should do a good fuel consumption (at least 14 kmpl ) 
  • it should repair free ( even if i get repair cost must be lower with parts and services ) 

2. hyundai eon 
  3. renault kwid
  4. alto k10 and 800

• As second hand 
  1. toyota vios
  3. swift 
  4. mazda bj5p 
  7.  VW bora 
  8.  corolla 110 
  9.  lancer cs2
  10.  fb 15 and n16 

Machan not only about the car. Take care yourself too. Don't go for any of below as all are NCAP 0 rated. Refer to some links in YouTube 

2. hyundai eon 
  3. renault kwid
  4. alto k10 and 800

Well the VW Bora won't return you 14 Kmpl unless you drive carefully on Expressway :P 

8-9 in city traffic
10+ on normal roads
12+ on Highways

But I can say that it's problem free (given that it's well maintained) and repairs aren't that expensive..and it will be definitely less than 2 million! 

(Fuel consumption wise , FB15 and other large cars you have mentioned won't be any better...despite what owners say)

Edited by vishwa.j
missed point

On 7/29/2016 at 6:48 PM, Thilinadinith said:

Hi folks , 

2. hyundai eon 
  3. renault kwid
  4. alto k10 and 800

• As second hand 
  1. toyota vios
  3. swift 
  4. mazda bj5p 
  7.  VW bora 
  8.  corolla 110 
  9.  lancer cs2
  10.  fb 15 and n16 

Hi, If you can stretch your budget to 3.2 mil, I recommend a brand new Wagon R, which will return 18-22 kmpl.

Edited by Kal-El

You can find yourself a nice well maintained YOM 2000 Corolla/Sprinter 110. Those are solid cars, and will remain solid for many more years to come as long as they're looked after properly. And I daresay they're quite a bit safer than any Indian car you buy at that price.

16 hours ago, Praboda Fernando said:

Machan not only about the car. Take care yourself too. Don't go for any of below as all are NCAP 0 rated. Refer to some links in YouTube 

2. hyundai eon 
  3. renault kwid
  4. alto k10 and 800

thankz @Praboda Fernando for your suggestions 

and for the safety please refer this 

21 hours ago, Thilinadinith said:

Hi @kusumsiri , @Jor-el

i have read those.  and even facebook got shared those. in those elakiri forum it has a battle between used Japanese car owners and new indian vehicle buyers. i went through closely with those mentioned points . most are not valid since they do not compared with same catergory vehicle ( obviously you cannot buy a high end, high safety vehicle for a low budget value ) and  i research on those points mentioned with mechanics , people who already have these , people who had this for more than 8 months who lives in india etc. so comparing to those main problems are not one signal light , hand brake leaver is not straight, two speakers , head light leveler is manual  etc

but there is a doubt with

seeping water into cabin area

engine noise and performance issue when it comes into fully load ( 54HP ) 

Front axle is not painted there for it will tend to decay 

oil container is plastic and no skid plate 

in here main problem will be the seeping water into cabin area which is a manufacturing issue for some cars ( still Renault India , Renault Sri Lanka doesn't response to this issue.