• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Al*i*nz Insurance

siscar

7 hours ago, thou1584 said:

Don't even think of going to Al*i*nz insurance. I should say the worst insurance company in sri lanka.

I'm curious to know why you think this is the case. Kindly elaborate.

currently in the process of making a claim with them for a minor accident on a brand new vehicle which is to be repaired at the agents, will see how they deal with it.

8 hours ago, thou1584 said:

Don't even think of going to Al*i*nz insurance. I should say the worst insurance company in sri lanka.

My experience with them has been somewhat contrary.

I’ve been with them for the past three years. Few years ago; there was this Al*i*nz agent who used to come to my previous work place and he proposed good deals compared to other competitors. I think he was cutting down on his margin drastically as he was handling large number of customer accounts at the work place and hence he was able to propose a policy at a low premium. Since it was very appealing; I went with it and has been with them since then.

I’ve made two claims so far. Although Both were somewhat significant amounts, Al*i*nz did not make a fuss to make the payments. However; on one occasion my payment was delayed. I submitted the claim documents to the branch at Delkanda on that occasion but the fellow who accepted the documents delayed in sending them to the head office for processing and my payment got delayed by several days due to that. I made bit of a scene at the Delkanda branch for this making a complaint to the branch manager etc. And, they were humble enough to accept their mistake and did their best to process the payments soon as possible after that.

Another thing I noticed was that majority of their staff is new and not well trained. Seeing them going from table to table asking for advice from their seniors was a common scene at their office premises. (I have been to Delkanda, Maharagama & Nawam mawatha branches)

Apart from this; I’m satisfied with their service. Especially because they did not make a fuzz in approving the bills.

• 5 months later...
On 31/01/2017 at 8:03 PM, derek_wick said:

Does any one has experience with C*-Operative Insurance their quotations are very low compared to other. So can anyone has bad experience.  

Thanks

One of my previous cars were with Cooperative. I never had any claims so I can't comment on their claims process. But the agent who sold me the policy told me that Cooperative expects police reports for every accident (although they may say otherwise when then try to sell you the policy).

Personally, if I get in to any accident, I will always inform the police and always insist on a police report. Law of Sri Lanka says so and people not abiding by the law is the cause for all the problems in the country. So I don't have any problems with Cooperative's (official or unofficial) policy.

Crosswind,

I also had a policy with CI for about 06 years. I also had no claims till very last year I owned that car. The only time I had to contact them was when I was rear ended by a three wheeler. It took more than an hour for the agent to arrive. However, he did not request to obtain a police report and approved 7000/- for the repair.

Eventually I sold that car without doing that repair; so I don't know how the claiming process actually works.

One thing I can say is their premium was considerably lower compared to other companies.

• 7 months later...