• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auto gear box problem in mazda car

Hiru

Question

I have a mazda familia BHALP Auto car.I have had to wait few minutes untill enter the gear in the morning or if engine is at  low temperatue.But revers gear is enterd any time.will i have to replace the gearbox or can i repair it easily...?

How much money I will have to spend fot that repair or replacement. plz help me 

Tnx

5 answers to this question

Yes your car hasa serous issue in the Transmission. 

Q: when, if ever did you last CHANGE THE ATF?

Yea your tranny has a red colored fluid which by now is black and the poor thing is having NDE's (Near Death Experiences)

By this time it is possible that you may have had irreparable damage to the gear box but start with  a complete flush and refill with the strainer.:wacko:

Yup as everyone mentioned, when was the last time you did a gearbox oil change? I believe its better to start with a oil flush and see how it works.. If it didnt sort your prob, then you can show this to a professional gearbox repairing mechanic and do the needful repairs/ go for a recon gearbox.. If im not mistaken, these model gearboxes are fairly cheap.. Once when i was hunting for cars, came across with one of these and the owner told me he replaced the gearbox with a recon and cost him around 15-25k (if im not mistaken)