• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buy first car

whoKnow

Hi! I'm planning to buy my first car and  wish to spend about 2 million. I don't know much about automobiles.Please anyone can help me with this .I'll use it daily.what car models will suit me?I'm considering fuel economy,safety and comfort .Thank you

2 minutes ago, AJ84 said:

N16, Nissan March AK12 used options

Kia Picanto, Perodua Axia, Micro Panda Cross new ones.

Thank you for quick reply. I like march k12 but I read it very bad on fuel.and i don't think Perodua Axia is in my price range.but tell me how about viva elite and honda city(2004)?

First you need to get your priorities right.

Is it reliability? comfort? relative luxury? fuel economy? performance? maintenance cost? feel good factor? safety? that you are looking for.

I'm afraid there is no car in the market sub 2 mil price range that can achieve all the above and thus compromises has to be made.

It seems like you are looking for a trouble free car with affordable spares and easy maintenance that takes you from point A to point B.

My personal advice is to avoid indian mini hatchbacks as those are notorious for safety aspects, even though they are somewhat reliable, cheap to maintain. I also think cars like FB-15, AE-110, 121 as massively overrated cars and it is very difficult to find a clean un-hacked sample for a reasonable price.

I have never owned nor driven viva elite, but the consensus among motoring community is that, elite is a good small hatch and Japanese technology and parts included certainly raise its value to some extent.

If you don't mind euro car, Peugeot 406 is good reliable car that is relatively easier to maintain (in comparison to German, Italian and English cars) here in SL and will provide much better safety, comfort and driving thrill than most cars in its price range. Also a good one can be had for less than 1.8 mil and if you go for a diesel, it is very economical too. :rolleyes:

Also, I think our fellow member @AJ84 has something to say about a 406. Is it a coincidence that I am recommending a 406. I think Not. :)

Edited by Kal-El
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, whoKnow said:

Thanks Kal-EI .How about Peugeot 206 and its spare parts.I know Peugeot cars are good but rumors says its hard to find spare parts . 

And those will be false rumors. But still have plenty of good shops to find parts, time and money is needed ;) 

You into Japanese market? How about Toyota Carina, Toyota Corolla 110? 

Edited by fiatLife
add more info
  • Like 2

On 24/08/2016 at 1:12 PM, whoKnow said:

Thank you for quick reply. I like march k12 but I read it very bad on fuel.and i don't think Perodua Axia is in my price range.but tell me how about viva elite and honda city(2004)?

Viva Elite is fine. But it is not comfortable in comparison to Japs.

Honda City is also in your bracket but it is too considered not very good on fuel.

• Like 1

On 24/08/2016 at 9:08 PM, Kal-El said:

First you need to get your priorities right.

Is it reliability? comfort? relative luxury? fuel economy? performance? maintenance cost? feel good factor? safety? that you are looking for.

I'm afraid there is no car in the market sub 2 mil price range that can achieve all the above and thus compromises has to be made.

It seems like you are looking for a trouble free car with affordable spares and easy maintenance that takes you from point A to point B.

My personal advice is to avoid indian mini hatchbacks as those are notorious for safety aspects, even though they are somewhat reliable, cheap to maintain. I also think cars like FB-15, AE-110, 121 as massively overrated cars and it is very difficult to find a clean un-hacked sample for a reasonable price.

I have never owned nor driven viva elite, but the consensus among motoring community is that, elite is a good small hatch and Japanese technology and parts included certainly raise its value to some extent.

If you don't mind euro car, Peugeot 406 is good reliable car that is relatively easier to maintain (in comparison to German, Italian and English cars) here in SL and will provide much better safety, comfort and driving thrill than most cars in its price range. Also a good one can be had for less than 1.8 mil and if you go for a diesel, it is very economical too. :rolleyes:

Also, I think our fellow member @AJ84 has something to say about a 406. Is it a coincidence that I am recommending a 406. I think Not. :)

Hi Kal-El

I do not recommend a 406 to a person who is looking at a 2mil budget. Even though it is priced under 2mil, maintenance will be challenging 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Go for a Swift/Cruze or a vitz... Will b a good starter... Dont go for too old and small engines... Viva and pandas are recomendable but problem is spares and reliability since they havent been in the market for soo long... If ur good with the wheel go for a sedan like an FB15,Ek3,or a Ae110....honda city(non japan assembly)model doesnt seem to be a stunner though..hope it helped?

With my experience I would go for Brandnew Viva elite. Don't know about the Axia but i'm sure it would be good too. I think from Kelisa time they produced comparatively good cars. 

Particularly when you buy a brandnew car from a reputed make / model (I'm not trying to compare Perodua with Toyota or Honda, what I meant was its better that some of the junk out there) you will be well off with surprise repairs as if something goes wrong it will be covered by the warranty. So slowly you can go for a better recon car from Toyota or Honda or any other good brand.

This is just my thought..

KMeeg.

PS - I know as some of the folks suggested there are lot of good used cars like  FB15, Ek3, Ae110, honda city , Swift, Fit, March,etc... But you wouldn't know if any problem / repair would come or not right? 

I would also consider if I have a trusted person who can get down a good recon car (Prius, Aqua, Axio, Premio, Fit, Civic,etc..)

Again, This is just what I think any many might disagree..

Edited by kmeeg

7 hours ago, kmeeg said:

With my experience I would go for Brandnew Viva elite. Don't know about the Axia but i'm sure it would be good too. I think from Kelisa time they produced comparatively good cars. 

Particularly when you buy a brandnew car from a reputed make / model (I'm not trying to compare Perodua with Toyota or Honda, what I meant was its better that some of the junk out there) you will be well off with surprise repairs as if something goes wrong it will be covered by the warranty. So slowly you can go for a better recon car from Toyota or Honda or any other good brand.

This is just my thought..

KMeeg.

PS - I know as some of the folks suggested there are lot of good used cars like  FB15, Ek3, Ae110, honda city , Swift, Fit, March,etc... But you wouldn't know if any problem / repair would come or not right? 

I would also consider if I have a trusted person who can get down a good recon car (Prius, Aqua, Axio, Premio, Fit, Civic,etc..)

Again, This is just what I think any many might disagree..

Unfortunately it is no longer possible to get a Brand New Viva Elite. The Axia replaced it.

22 hours ago, whoKnow said:

How about Honda fit aria?this one wrap with high countenance cost?

Will be very difficult to find a good specimen below 2.4m mark. Do note that these have cvt gearboxes,  there were quite a few examples of failing gearboxes discussed recently . Also cvt needs more frequent maintainance so if this is your first car I would recommend you not to buy it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whoKnow said:

hay guys! I saw Volkswagen beetle 2001 for 2.2M.I appreciate any advice on this.

Damn... Good deal.. Try to get a good mechanic to go with you for the inspection....if ok proceed if ur a deutchland petrolhead....if ur into buy and sell think twice...

14 hours ago, whoKnow said:

hay guys! I saw Volkswagen beetle 2001 for 2.2M.I appreciate any advice on this.

As @asanka_rg said, its would be better if you could buy a common car with good maintainability. 

My personal taste is Toyota as they are comparatively simple. See below link too. Looks like Lexus (a Toyota) & Toyota are in top positions of vehicle dependability..

http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/2016-us-vehicle-dependability-study-vds

Again this is just my opinion as a non-expert in vehicles,

KMeeg.