• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Coolant

Nalakasm

AFAIK there are two types in the market. One is concentrated and the other is ready to use.

The concentrated coolant need to be mixed with water may be 50% : 50% (You can find it in the product label)

Ready to use means it is prepared and you can directly use it.

You may choose any as per your requirement but if you are to flush the radiator and refill from the beginning, use a prepared branded coolant.

If it is water in your radiator and you just need to add some coolant, use the concentrated. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Decided to use this short yet old thread for a small query 

I'm pending a coolant change for a vehicle which I use and wondering whether to go with the OEM Mitsubishi coolant or to go with another brand 

Options 

Caltex Havoline Premix 

Valvoline 

Liquimoly ( bit pricey for coolant ) 

Wilita 

Wurth (will avoid as I blew a rad once) 

3m 

The colour is green, for a diesel 4d56 di-d montero sport.

I would like the teensy DIY premise but also will fair with agent receipts as nowadays it ain't that costly and maintenance records are a paranoia.

OEM Mitsubishi coolant is not nowhere to be found other than agent barrels

10 minutes ago, tiv said:

Decided to use this short yet old thread for a small query 

I'm pending a coolant change for a vehicle which I use and wondering whether to go with the OEM Mitsubishi coolant or to go with another brand 

Options 

Caltex Havoline Premix 

Valvoline 

Liquimoly ( bit pricey for coolant ) 

Wilita 

Wurth (will avoid as I blew a rad once) 

3m 

The colour is green, for a diesel 4d56 di-d montero sport.

I would like the teensy DIY premise but also will fair with agent receipts as nowadays it ain't that costly and maintenance records are a paranoia.

OEM Mitsubishi coolant is not nowhere to be found other than agent barrels

Well Mitsubishi agent is also the Valvoline agent so you can get it done at the agent even if you decide to go with Valvoline (Valvoline Xerex has pretty good reviews everywhere)

I don't know about the 4D56 but my maintenance booklet says I can go upto 160k kms or 8 years with the OEM Mitsu coolant filled at the factory. Thereafter it's every 100k kms or 5 years -  Does this mean the OEM coolant is superior? Recommended coolant for me is "MITSUBISHI MOTORS GENUINE SUPER LONG LIFE COOLANT PREMIUM or similar high quality ethylene glycol based non-silicate, non-amine, non-nitrate and non-borate coolant with long life hybrid organic acid technology."

Is this a time based change or a mileage based change? Or did you use the multimeter method to test the electrical conductivity of the coolant?

Edited by Hyaenidae

36 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Well Mitsubishi agent is also the Valvoline agent so you can get it done at the agent even if you decide to go with Valvoline (Valvoline Xerex has pretty good reviews everywhere)

I don't know about the 4D56 but my maintenance booklet says I can go upto 160k kms or 8 years with the OEM Mitsu coolant filled at the factory. Thereafter it's every 100k kms or 5 years -  Does this mean the OEM coolant is superior? Recommended coolant for me is "MITSUBISHI MOTORS GENUINE SUPER LONG LIFE COOLANT PREMIUM or similar high quality ethylene glycol based non-silicate, non-amine, non-nitrate and non-borate coolant with long life hybrid organic acid technology."

Is this a time based change or a mileage based change? Or did you use the multimeter method to test the electrical conductivity of the coolant?

Yea its the Mitsubishi Motors Genuine Super  long life coolant, and it's time based, 

I was working on the interval 100000km or 5 years so since 5 years have lapsed.

I've never tried the multimeter thing, must try after a YouTube lesson lol