• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need your help to buy a car

gwrjayalath

Hi

I am Rohan. I am planning to start a small mobile business.  So I need to buy a good car for that matter.  I prefer a hatchback as it is easier to load and unload my tools . My budget is 1.7 million.  I can pay cash . I was looking for k12 , kelisa , alto , demio 2000-2002 model. The car should be a good car for daily use and also fuel consumption is a big matter. I was thinking about suzuki swift or viva elite but I have to go for a loan or something.  That is something I don't like to do.

I really appreciate your expert advice and guidance for a better selection. Once I started my business I will give you guys special discount. ?? ... thanks a lot in advance. 

Demio 2000-2002, Perodua Kenari, Fiat Punto has very good boot space for vehicles in that range. I would also suggest considering a station wagon such as an AE100 (elephant back) wagon, Caldina or a Wingroad/AD Wagon. AE100 in particular is a bulletproof car that can carry heavy loads and give good gas mileage.

• Like 1

Thanks crosswind. I really appreciate your help.  I love that wingroad. But I noticed that it is 1500 cc. How is that fuel consumption in Colombo ? . And also fiat is a nice car but I am afraid about services and spare parts.  Are they available?  Kenari is good for my budget but I haven't seen much.

If its for a commercial use, I would choose the elephant back wagon over anything else. Caldina would be the second choice (Caldinas are diesel). Wingroad wouldn't do well on fuel compared to the rest of the cars. Puntos do well on fuel and parts are also available but you will only find 2 or 3 places in the country that can repair these. 

• Like 1

I also think that the elephantback or the caldina is the best car for your task

I think the caldina comes with better suspension(correct me if I'm wrong ) so would be more comfortable so I think it's a better choice.

And from the elephantback (cr108) the L-touring and the G-touring models are more comfortable.

So in order caldina G or L touring and if not the normal elephantback

Edited by Clark's son
  • Like 1

On 19/09/2016 at 1:19 PM, gwrjayalath said:

Hi

I am Rohan. I am planning to start a small mobile business.  So I need to buy a good car for that matter.  I prefer a hatchback as it is easier to load and unload my tools . My budget is 1.7 million.  I can pay cash . I was looking for k12 , kelisa , alto , demio 2000-2002 model. The car should be a good car for daily use and also fuel consumption is a big matter. I was thinking about suzuki swift or viva elite but I have to go for a loan or something.  That is something I don't like to do.

I really appreciate your expert advice and guidance for a better selection. Once I started my business I will give you guys special discount. ?? ... thanks a lot in advance. 

What about a buddy van... Its pretty good on fuel and will give u plenty boot space except that itsits. Underpowered by the 660cc engine... And well its fun and easy to drive tooo 

• Like 1

On 20/09/2016 at 3:35 PM, gwrjayalath said:

Thanks HaeyIM. Earlier I was planing to buy a suzuki every or hijet. But I thought about safety. I think it is a good idea too when it is come to space. What about fuel consumption these buddy vans in Colombo?

Every buddy 2007 PD series, U get around 10-14 to be honest depending on the traffic condition in Colombo...mainly peak time in nugegoda n wellawatte only abt 10..but its pretty good comparatively..well every has dual airbags and ABS...what more to expect for that price...I think a buddy is a really good choice... BTW when buying remember to take a technician in case you are not that familiar of determining engine ware as v cannot decide with mileage because people re program milage so I'll advice to take a techninican when u go for final inspection on a buddy...long time ago my uncle got caught to one of this heavily worn hijet buddys...well good stuff of a buddy is easy to drive and maintainece is also not so bad compared to an older car because its new shape eke...hope it helped...any more questions feel free to ask....and well v HV many experts here who know better than me

Edited by HaeylM
Mid spell
  • Like 1

Hi. I have found a Toyota corolla wagon.  It is 98 model. Automatic transmission and 1300 CC Engine.  It is around 1.5 million.  Do you think it is worth it for that price ? One of my friends said not to buy 1300 cc and it is not enough power and it is difficult to resale . My brother check the body condition and he said it is good and no major accident or corrosions.Is it a worth deal or I should wait. ? I  I really appreciate your expert ideas for these matters. Thanks guys.

Edited by gwrjayalath

13 hours ago, gwrjayalath said:

Hi. I have found a Toyota corolla wagon.  It is 98 model. Automatic transmission and 1300 CC Engine.  It is around 1.5 million.  Do you think it is worth it for that price ? One of my friends said not to buy 1300 cc and it is not enough power and it is difficult to resale . My brother check the body condition and he said it is good and no major accident or corrosions.Is it a worth deal or I should wait. ? I  I really appreciate your expert ideas for these matters. Thanks guys.

Well he does have a point there - 1.3 + Auto gears is not the most ideal combination (used to drive a 1.3 Nissan with Auto.Trans.) If you need to overtake etc you really need to step on it. 1.3 should be  ok for city cruising though...

• Like 1

On 9/26/2016 at 8:15 PM, gwrjayalath said:

it must be an EE102 ( 1299CC DX ). the said model is the most widely available model among the elephant back series. so it has its own resale value. I sold my 1997 EE102 for 1,250,000/= on year 2012. put a advertisement on a Sunday newspaper. the deal was closed with in 3 days. mine was a metallic green, but the white color is more attractive. done 9-10Km/l on daily office ride and +12Km/l on long run ( with AC )

Edited by anjulau78
  • Like 1

Thanks guys for kind helps. I really appreciate.  I am going to give up that corolla as this buy and sell guy tells too much bullshits. I don't like to deal with those kind of people even if it is a great deal. HoweverI have found a caldina 1500cc petrol engine car with automatic transmission.  It is a full option car. First owner. Condition is ok. But the question is about spare parts. Are they available? Is it easy to sale ? 

Just a random suggestion...what about givin a try on a suzuki kei. If you can find one,it ll b max abt 17-18 lks but works on fuel really well. Elephant back is also a pretty awesome choice... Id prefer elephant back than caldina...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HaeylM said:

Just a random suggestion...what about givin a try on a suzuki kei. If you can find one,it ll b max abt 17-18 lks but works on fuel really well. Elephant back is also a pretty awesome choice... Id prefer elephant back than caldina...

Suzuki Kei????

Do you have to come up with stupid suggestions all the time?

How much weight do you think a 660CC already heavy car can carry?

• Like 1

I have decided to buy a corolla wagon with a deisel engine. I don't like dx wagon. I love you that L model full option but it seems to be difficult to find. Can you put me right direction to find a good car ? I checked ###### but I think most of the cars cars sales by buy and sale guys. So it will be difficult to find a good car for a reasonable price. What kind of sources I should use nowadays to find a good car ? Thanks guys.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, gwrjayalath said:

I have decided to buy a corolla wagon with a deisel engine. I don't like dx wagon. I love you that L model full option but it seems to be difficult to find. Can you put me right direction to find a good car ? I checked ###### but I think most of the cars cars sales by buy and sale guys. So it will be difficult to find a good car for a reasonable price. What kind of sources I should use nowadays to find a good car ? Thanks guys.

Corolla Wagons are not complex spaceships. They are average cars that can be repaired by anyone. Even if you buy from a buy and sell guy, I wouldn't think of it as a serious problem. Just look for basic stuff like corrosion, signs of burning oil (if its a diesel), signs of accidents etc. Take a trustworthy mechanic with you if you can.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I am happy to tell you that Ipurchased a car according to your guidance two days ago. It is a Toyota CE108 L Extra. It has abs brake , single air bag and front doors power windows. It is a 1997 model and GA number. There are no major accidents and mechanical issues.  Two bumpers, roof , one quatar panel, and a door have been painted.  I believe other panels have original paint. Cost was 15.75 and  I am happy with the purchase as it was little bit better than the cars we looked ( almost 10 cars ). I tried  to upload some pictures but I am getting some errors. 

Anyway thank you very much for the instructions all of you gave. All of my friends said it is a nice car and my selection is wise.???????

20161017_120448.jpg

Edited by gwrjayalath
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, gwrjayalath said:

Hi. I am happy to tell you that Ipurchased a car according to your guidance two days ago. It is a Toyota CE108 L Extra. It has abs brake , single air bag and front doors power windows. It is a 1997 model and GA number. There are no major accidents and mechanical issues.  Two bumpers, roof , one quatar panel, and a door have been painted.  I believe other panels have original paint. Cost was 15.75 and  I am happy with the purchase as it was little bit better than the cars we looked ( almost 10 cars ). I tried  to upload some pictures but I am getting some errors. 

Anyway thank you very much for the instructions all of you gave. All of my friends said it is a nice car and my selection is wise.???????

20161017_120448.jpg

Good choice! Best of luck with the new car and the business venture.

• 2 months later...

Hi all I found a Corolla G Touring(Auto) Diesel Car 1997/2000 with 139000 mileage. and this is a first owner car. Don't know whether millage is correct or not. :) I have a doubt with it since it is a 2000 registered car. Experts, I need your advises. Price is around 1.55 to 1.6 Mil. Is this worth to buy?  
[members forgive me. I didn't start a new thread since there are lot of about toyota wagons :)]

Edited by dammika.me