• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Renault kwid

Nisan

@Nisan firstly, welcome to the forum. It seems you already decide to go for a KWID and said only reason to go for is "fuel economy and nice design". So have you already compared fuel economy ?

We have discussed something about KWID in another thread and this link may provide information regarding durability.

Actually I don't agree with some of the stupid comments posted in the forum of inbred retards. Some of those are beyond stupid but you can't expect anything better from lowlifes like that.

Stupid comment 1: Intake, exhaust manifolds and sump are plastic

Reality: Many modern cars have plastic manifolds. Manufacturers prefer plastic over aluminium or cast iron because of its light weight and better ability to repel heat. It's not the same plastic as the phoenix bucket that you have at home. Ford, Mazda, Kia and even some of the big-name European manufacturers have fitted plastic manifolds and sumps to their cars. My Ford Focus has plastic manifolds. So does the 4000 CC V8 engine found in Mustangs.

Stupid comment 2: Engine bay is not fully painted

Reality: I don't think this guy has opened the bonnet of many cars. Many new cars don't have nicely painted engine bays. Aside from the fact that it is not necessary, it also makes it slippery for anyone who works on the engine bay with a tool.

Stupid comment 3: One reverse light at the rear

Reality: This is very common in European cars and some Japanese cars made for European market. Europe has a law that requires a rear fog lamp to be fitted to cars. Most of the time, the space for the second reversing light is reserved for that. Take a look at a defender when you see one next time.

Stupid comment 4:: Kwid just has one wiper

Reality: Just try and design this car with two wipers. You will know why the manufacturer fitted only one. Fitting an extra wiper mechanism wouldnt even cost the manufacturer an extra $5 considering economies of scale. Considering the dimensions of this car's windscreen, two wipers would end up giving less coverage than one wiper.

Stupid comment 5: It has a three-wheeler suspension

Reality: This is what's called a torsion-beam suspension for f*ck's sake. It's common in many cars.

Having said all this, I do agree that Renault Kwid is not a safe vehicle. It has NCAP 0 rating, which is the lowest possible rating a vehicle can get. It has too many safety issues that make it nothing short of a death trap. Micro Panda/Panda Cross has better safety rating than Kwid and I suspect, the durability of Panda will be more or less same with Kwid. Perodua Axia and Kia Picanto are obvious better options.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Actually I don't agree with some of the stupid comments posted in the forum of inbred retards. Some of those are beyond stupid but you can't expect anything better from lowlifes like that.

Reality: Many modern cars have plastic manifolds. Manufacturers prefer plastic over aluminium or cast iron because of its light weight and better ability to repel heat. It's not the same plastic as the phoenix bucket that you have at home. Ford, Mazda, Kia and even some of the big-name European manufacturers have fitted plastic manifolds and sumps to their cars. My Ford Focus has plastic manifolds. So does the 4000 CC V8 engine found in Mustangs.

Reality: I don't think this guy has opened the bonnet of many cars. Many new cars don't have nicely painted engine bays. Aside from the fact that it is not necessary, it also makes it slippery for anyone who works on the engine bay with a tool.

Reality: This is very common in European cars and some Japanese cars made for European market. Europe has a law that requires a rear fog lamp to be fitted to cars. Most of the time, the space for the second reversing light is reserved for that. Take a look at a defender when you see one next time.

Reality: Just try and design this car with two wipers. You will know why the manufacturer fitted only one. Fitting an extra wiper mechanism wouldnt even cost the manufacturer an extra $5 considering economies of scale. Considering the dimensions of this car's windscreen, two wipers would end up giving less coverage than one wiper.

Reality: This is what's called a torsion-beam suspension for f*ck's sake. It's common in many cars.

Having said all this, I do agree that Renault Kwid is not a safe vehicle. It has NCAP 0 rating, which is the lowest possible rating a vehicle can get. It has too many safety issues that make it nothing short of a death trap. Micro Panda/Panda Cross has better safety rating than Kwid and I suspect, the durability of Panda will be more or less same with Kwid. Perodua Axia and Kia Picanto are obvious better options.

Well said mate,

Other than the safety issues, this is another go cart with "made in India" label. But always better to think of the safety ratings

3 hours ago, Crosswind said:

While I agree with the majority of your post, I do need to point out that having a plastic sump is definitely not a good idea, especially on our roads and with our drivers. It will only benefit the spare parts division at the agents.

11 minutes ago, Supra_Natural said:

While I agree with the majority of your post, I do need to point out that having a plastic sump is definitely not a good idea, especially on our roads and with our drivers. It will only benefit the spare parts division at the agents.

My Kia has a plastic sump... obviously cast iron or sumps would be better especially in Sri lankan (and even worse, Indian roads). But I believe this is where the motor industry is heading. More plastic in the engine bay. 

Since there was a PANDA mentioned above comments, is the EURO NCAP n China NCAP the same? I came across a mail in our office stating it now has 5 stars for the panda but the tests were done in china n it all sounds fishy to me. Apart from that the panda screams its balls off at our local building car parks when trying to reverse outta the place n even stalls at times too