• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sakura oil filer review?

carboy2011

2 hours ago, Vengeance said:

Out of curiosity, what was the terrible experience?

It was a diesel filter and I normally use VIC. But it was out of stock and then used a sakura. The filter did not function properly. Then i took it out and saw the material differences. However, later i went to panchikawatta and asked the seller to come with all filters in the same model. He bought 3 and you will be surprised when you see the filter quality inside. So i decided to stick with VIC. You can do the same and see in real. 

19 hours ago, nilnuwan said:

sakura is a japanese company as well as the vic. But sakura is made

in indonesa by under licensed company. both are very good brands.

If you by the vic be careful there are many replicas.

are there VIC replicas? from where you can get the originals and how to check whether they are originals or replicas?

53 minutes ago, ferrarif50 said:

are there VIC replicas? from where you can get the originals and how to check whether they are originals or replicas?

As far as I know Semini Motors is the agent for VIC. 

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 2

On 24/09/2016 at 3:14 AM, carboy2011 said:

Has anyone used a Sakura oil filter and if so how good are they ?

Normally i buy VIC but got Sakura this time but not yet used so still got time to change it

In my viewpoint Sakura being Very Nice to me all times where I used to go with Sakura at every service and at the same time I have come across Fake VIC at most of the Service Centeres, Once I found Majority of Vic's outhere are fake and thereafter I opted out to Sakura for All my Diesel Vans (Hiace KDH200/1 / Vanette C22/ SK22). What I have shared is only Diesel Vehicle Experience What I have been through overtime and I don't actually have an Idea how reliable the Sakura Filters when it comes to petrol as I had all my Petrol Cars Serviced at Toyota Lanka. As far as I'm concerned Sakura is much more reliable than other Korean and Cheap stuff & What I do is I change Filters at every 3000kms so I have never ran into problem so far.

Back in SL i had few rental cars and all of them service using the Sakura product every 3000k's and never had any issues. Hard to trust BIG brands in SL unless if you "hand pick" them from the factory.

In NZ i am using the FRAM filters as i am doing the oil change every 20,000 on 1kd-ftv AND EVERY 15,000 on the 1kz-te.

1KZ done 300,000+ and no oil top up between intervals.

Overall i don't think Sakura is a bad product with my experience and i am getting a better deal on FRAM else i would go to Sakura here in NZ too

regards

JC

• 6 years later...

I don't know if it's ok to update this thread. Some may bark at me but with intension to share education and information to help our fellow citizens I'm updating this thread with 2023 information on Sakura Air filters. 

Below on the right is a Sakura Air Filter bought in 2014 and the same kind bought today August 2023 at Panchikawatta. The markings are different and I wanted to investigate so I called the Sakura filter importing agents in SL and I WhatsApp'ed the pictures. Waiting for a response...IMG20230816101742.thumb.jpg.59f6de3d24e2c5e88487d9fbcf8a148f.jpgIMG20230816101750.thumb.jpg.be6e2366c6467ddc27bd8aa11d42821e.jpgIMG20230816101803.thumb.jpg.5c37aa41267dd523ed202ee08f827747.jpg