• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

peugeot 307 gearbox problem

aruna 307

My Peugeot 307 hatchback (2002) automatic gear box dismantled as car is not running well on D gear. It is not transmitting power enough on  road. Tried on manual but it is shifting back to D when shifted to 3rd gear and loss the transmission. It works well on R gear. Gear box is dismantled and found below faults.

1. break liners (2 nos) warn out. one is slightly but the other one is warn to metal backing and damage the hub too.

2. bearing bushes are warn.

3. particles from break liner entered in to valve block causing to clog oil paths.

Disc stakes found in good condition. Solenoid valves tested and found functioning well. I suspect clogged ATF paths and/or loss of pressure due to increased bearing bush clearances might cause the problem. seals around moving cylindes act to press disc stakes appeared tight and flexible. I may need new break liners, hub which houses planet gears, plain bearing bushes and seals and packings to restore gearbox. some photos are attached herewith. i appreciate if anyone can help me to find above parts or any advice regarding this problem. thanks you all. 

WP_20160924_16_20_06_Pro.jpg

WP_20160924_16_20_26_Pro.jpg

WP_20160924_16_20_30_Pro.jpg

WP_20160924_16_20_33_Pro.jpg

WP_20160924_16_20_41_Pro.jpg

WP_20160924_16_20_53_Pro.jpg

The AL4 gearbox is synonymous for failure in Sri Lanaka,  

I believe the issue is mostly with the selonoid valve, since you say the valve is clogged I think it's best if you clean it and put it back. As you said replacing the seals and bushes while you have it dismantled is a good idea. However i dont know if you can find the parts individually. 

Did you take out the gearbox yourself? If so you are one brave soul :D

In any case there are so called repair kits available since this a very common issues. However you might have to go to a garage that handles it to get it installed,  don't know if they are willing to sell only parts. 

This thread should help you out with the details 

The best person to speak to if you are stuck is Harshana Senadhira in the forum.