• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota allion idle problem

mat rox

I went to buy a allion 2007 car. But There was a problem in that car. The idle rpm was 600-700 without a/c slightly vibrate. not only when i press the gas paddle did not race the engine on time it took 1 or 2 seconds. And i was driving the car that happened again. i couldnt accelerate it smoothly.. press harder, jumps the car after 1 or 2 sec 

I think you will understand my question please help me.. engine tune up solve the problem? or what is it? how much will cost for the repair ? 

I could be wrong but it just occurred to me whether the car's CEL indication has been disabled in this case. Just see if it lights up and go off when you turn ignition on. I have come across cars with CEL indication turned off simply because our makabasses couldn't find the fault. BTW what's the mileage like? Can the seller produce previous maintenance records (at least Eco certificates) as a proof? Better if you can get the engine compression tested otherwise.

As others have suggested above you will have to go for a clean up (called a tune up in local jargon) including the throttle body, PCV valve, MAF Sensor and OCV filter. In addition you will have to inspect and replace injector seals and test TPS and replace if necessary. TPS will cost you around Rs. 10k in local market but half the amount if you order online. For the clean up and a scan the cost will be around 8-10k. Provided the engine compression is at an acceptable level and if the engine has been maintained well you should be able to sort out the issue within 15k if you are lucky and may go up to 50k if you are not! Just my opinion.