• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Serena c23 auto gearbox problem

Kazkuz

Question

, where it won’t move on D position even at WOT. But 1,2 and R works fine. After shifting to 1 the vehicle moves normally (without slipping or any unusual behavior) and after driving for some time (couple of minutes) the gear can be safely shifted to D position on the move. Then it works just fine and shift to 1,2,3,OD and back quite normally.

If the vehicle stops (engine off) for a while and start it again, the symptom prevails, and I have to start it from 1st, ride it for few minutes and shift it to D, where it happily moving the vehicle there onwards.
The service manual doesn’t have an exact issue pointed out in the troubleshooting guide, but would suggest removal of Valve body and clean. (Oil level, leaks, batteryetc. are not the cause).

Seeking advice of an expert out there before getting the tranny dismantled. Appreciate any bit of advice.     Please help me 0786790008

4 answers to this question

The level and quality of the ATF  can be done by you.,.. Just pull out the ATF dip stick with the engine running.

.`1

When was the last time you did an ATF oil change? and how many KM's have u done after that? For me it looks like the pressure isn't enough to move the car when its cold in D position. You can try out by changing gear box oil. This may resolve your problem if it hasn't been changed in proper intervals. But if you have done it with recommended intervals + with recommended oil, then ur gearbox has worn out.

There are places where you can get it resolved, if not you may have to go for a recon gearbox.

Keep us posted on your findings.

By the way, to me it looks like pressure loss therefore even if u keep the vehicle in start and in P position for 10-15mins, i suppose you should be able to drive it with putting directly to D position. Just check this out and let us know.

Cz One of my cousin had a serena and he faced the same issue and im quite familiar with it. if the gearbox is worn out, then changing fluid will resolve it for few days and not completely.. Issue will arise again after couple of days.

Sound like the problem is with shift selonoids, in any case better get it checked out. Most of us here would recommend Nilwala motors in madiwela. 

• Like 1