• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic ES3 RS

Captain Bligh

Hey guys,

Long time lurker here posting after a long time, first of all I'm very sorry if this topic has been discussed before. I used the search function but couldn't find anything.

Anyway I was looking for a Honda ES8 for awhile now but all of a sudden I found an ES3 RS MOY - 2001, REG - 2004. This is an original ES3 RS and I heard that it's pretty rare to be

found in Sri Lanka. So if anyone would be kind enough tell something more about this car, I would be very grateful. Thanks.

overall its a pretty decent car, comes with a 1.7L engine pushing 130 odd horsepower and since this particular car is a manual should be fun to drive. However if you decide to go with an automatic make sure the CVT fluid has been changed at proper intervals. 

33 minutes ago, Killer-B said:

overall its a pretty decent car, comes with a 1.7L engine pushing 130 odd horsepower and since this particular car is a manual should be fun to drive. However if you decide to go with an automatic make sure the CVT fluid has been changed at proper intervals. 

Yeah It's manual and I did a test drive and damn... I felt a lot of horsepower. What about spare parts wise? Are they rare to find or expensive? And is it true that the original ES3 RS is rare to find in Sri Lanka. 

Thanks for the input brother. Cheers!

18 hours ago, Quiet said:

Hope this is not from Ja-Ela. I looked at one some time back and the guy who went with me said it has chassis damage 

No machan this is in Makola. And the guy has recently done all the running repairs too from Ajith's garage in gampaha. Thanks bro.

17 hours ago, Muditha420 said:

@Captain Bligh have the car checked either from agents OR places like C*rC*ec*s. can't say much about finding parts but i think it shouldn't be an issue. Body panels are the same as far as i know with the same era of Civics.

Yeah I'm definitely gonna do that. Btw mileage wise how much can I expect from a 1660cc vtec D series engine? Thanks.

Edited by Captain Bligh

I know nothing about rhe car;  but looking at the pictures of the car you put up I can tell you that the headlights look like they are cheap ass Chinese lights / head units. Ask the seller to give you the originals if he still has them for free or reduce the purchase by however much new head units at the agents cost. I'll bet you a beer those headlights aren't worth a damn in the dark and 3-wheelers driving by will throw off more focused illumination than they do! :D

8 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

I know nothing about rhe car;  but looking at the pictures of the car you put up I can tell you that the headlights look like they are cheap ass Chinese lights / head units. Ask the seller to give you the originals if he still has them for free or reduce the purchase by however much new head units at the agents cost. I'll bet you a beer those headlights aren't worth a damn in the dark and 3-wheelers driving by will throw off more focused illumination than they do! :D

Lol yeah. The seller told me he got it down from Dubai but agreed to give the originals as well. Still no luck finding someone with the same model though :/

1 hour ago, Captain Bligh said:

Lol yeah. The seller told me he got it down from Dubai but agreed to give the originals as well. Still no luck finding someone with the same model though :/

Ah! I guess that's alright then. 

As for finding an owner with the same model: Well I guess your inability to find someone who owns this exact model is due to the car being relatively rare. Reading through the thread: Overall the responses about this car have been pretty positive I think and it seems like you've got most of your questions answered.

What exactly do you need someone with the same car to help you with? Maybe if you list the questions / areas you want help with someone with a Civic ES can help out?

Edited by Kavvz

3 hours ago, Captain Bligh said:

If the car meets your initial inspection...take it to Car Chk. Get it properly inspected and talk to CCK and JS.  I am sure they know quite a lot about the RS in SL.... Also, get on the Honda fans' FB group or ###### and ask your questions....people like Komi eat, sleep and $*(# Hondas.

On 12/9/2016 at 0:59 PM, iRage said:

If the car meets your initial inspection...take it to Car Chk. Get it properly inspected and talk to CCK and JS.  I am sure they know quite a lot about the RS in SL.... Also, get on the Honda fans' FB group or ###### and ask your questions....people like Komi eat, sleep and $*(# Hondas.

18 hours ago, Captain Bligh said:

Thanks guys for all the input. Learned a lot about this car from you guys now. This might sound like a silly question, but all ES3 RS cars came with SOHC 1.7 VTEC engine right?

Edit : This cars engine number starts with D17A-

On 12/9/2016 at 10:21 AM, Kavvz said:

Ah! I guess that's alright then. 

As for finding an owner with the same model: Well I guess your inability to find someone who owns this exact model is due to the car being relatively rare. Reading through the thread: Overall the responses about this car have been pretty positive I think and it seems like you've got most of your questions answered.

What exactly do you need someone with the same car to help you with? Maybe if you list the questions / areas you want help with someone with a Civic ES can help out?