• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

TV Connections

Crosswind

Hi Guys,

Need help to choose a TV provider from the few available in Sri Lanka - SLT, Dialog, Dish TV or even from one of those clandestine services like Airtel or Sun Direct

I've gone through a few of their websites and found not-so-pocket-friendly packages.

I just need plenty of English TV channels (from Discovery to BBC to Russia Today to AXN to National Geo... u get what I mean) for the lowest damage to the pocket as possible and would like to keep away from Indian accents.

Any suggestions guys?

and this guy (http://www.satlanka.com/orbit_network_satellite_package.htm) seems to have everything I want but WTF is it and WTF is this price?

Given there are so many Supersports channels in this package, I'm guessing this has something to do with South Africa (Supersports is a South African company). Ask these guys what feed they supply, and verify whether it is ad-free. Watching a movie on an Indian feed with so many $hitty ads in between (Zee Studio, anyone?), is a suicidal experience.

Does anyone know whether we could get a DStv connection in Sri Lanka? I am really tired of the "Indianization" of the TV channels like Nat Geo and Discovery Dialog has on offer (including the HD channels)....

this Chanel list (http://www.dishtv.in/dth-packages/full-on-hd-MTF8MjUyODA=.aspx) +  other SD channels = 1800 LKR, But this is Dish TV India (not LK).

HD set-top box + complete installation will cost you around 14000/= LKR.

HD = real HD 1080i/50Hz

you can convert this connection to a international connection which allows you to see LK local channels as well.it will cost you 5k more.

Vediocon HD might be cheaper than this and i think they have more HD channels.

@Crosswind We have a subscription with Dialog, the pearl package. If you are offended by irrelevant Indian advertisements i don't think Dialog TV is for you, i am not sure about the HD channels though, i think they are not streamed from India, Dialog used to give out the HD channels for free during the holiday seasons, if i am not mistaken i didn't see a single Indian advertisement when watching the HD channels. Their customer service is really good, replaced our set top box several times along with the remote. We also have the Discovery Turbo and Science channels, yes it is also filled with Indian crap. So essentially we are paying Rs 1000+ to watch the local news channels and CNN.