firstgear

Viva Elite for 5 years from now on

Question

Hi,

I am looking for a Viva Elite as my first car. I will be using the car for at least 5 years. I am not going for a lease. But I am getting Rs.2.5million from a relative who asked me to pay it back whenever it is possible. So I am planning to pay around Rs. 25,000 per month. It is also possible that the relative can way off the outstanding at some point of time :P

And I have the following concerns:

1) Most of the Viva Elites are above 45,000km on the odo. I would drive around 10,000km per year. Is it a good idea to plan to have the Viva Elite and hit 100,000km on the odo? Would this Malaysian car hold up together at that level?

2) Am I choosing the right car for the above budget in the above circumstances? 

Thank you for your time.

7 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, firstgear said:

1) Most of the Viva Elites are above 45,000km on the odo. I would drive around 10,000km per year. Is it a good idea to plan to have the Viva Elite and hit 100,000km on the odo? Would this Malaysian car hold up together at that level?

0rEU7PN.png

https://www.carlist.my/car/perodua/viva?page_size=25&sort=mileage.desc

1 person likes this

Hi Guys,

I bought a 2011 Viva Elite Ezi with 69,000 km on the odo meter.

I am planning to do a time belt replacement. 

I inquired the cost from Auto Miraj (over the phone) and they quoted me something around 28,000/= all inclusive. I believe it would be around the same range with UniMo (but they are not answering my call). 

Is auto miraj okey for me to do the job? or should i go to UniMO. Or should I consider some other places with genuine parts for half the cost?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, firstgear said:

Hi Guys,

I inquired the cost from Auto Miraj (over the phone) and they quoted me something around 28,000/= all inclusive. I believe it would be around the same range with UniMo (but they are not answering my call). 

Is auto miraj okey for me to do the job? or should i go to UniMO. Or should I consider some other places with genuine parts for half the cost?

Thanks.

My opinion is for you to get it done from the agent. 

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, firstgear said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks.

Sometime ago I used to advice Autolankans that the ONLY thing they should take a car to Auto M*raj is for washing it. Absolutely nothing else. 

After some recent publicized events, my advice is DO NOT take your car to Auto M*raj even for a wash. In fact, do not take your car anywhere near Auto M*raj.

(If you wish to know my experience, the 'experts' at Auto M*raj poured in CVT oil to a normal auto gear box car which I owned, which eventually caused a failed gear box. The sad part was they are the 'authorized service agents' for Kia.)

1 person likes this

Never visit auto miraj. it is just a glorified makbass spot. where so called advisers don't know shit about vehicles. Do search in the viva elites where I have mentioned the entire cost.

4 hours ago, peugeot407 said:

Never visit auto miraj. it is just a glorified makbass spot. where so called advisers don't know shit about vehicles. D search in the viva elites where I have mentioned the entire cost.

Thanks for your comment. I don't understand the bold part though. 

I searched the all the posts made by you and couldn't find anything related to coat of t belt change.