• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Hustler

Kamalawarna

Question

Hello, 

I have planned to buy a hustler as my first car. I have following questions 

1.What are the different models available and from where I can get a good comparison? 

2. What is the difference between 2wd and 4wd Hustlers?

3.Generally what are the pros and cons of this vehicle? 

Any help will be very much appreciated

Thank you

Edited by Kamalawarna

1 hour ago, Crosswind said:

You need to come down to the real world. That's all. Buying a car is not a one time expense. It's just like getting married. It's a recurring expense irrespective of what you buy.

If I'm not mistaken, RAV4 is not a full time 4WD while the Jimny is (correct me if I'm wrong here) and its bloody heavy. That could be the reason.

Yes the RAV4 is not a full time system...its a real-time one (at least from the 3rd gen onwards). I thought the Jimny was a part time system...interesting....

Edited by iRage

6 hours ago, Supra_Natural said:

Honestly dude, I would suggest going the used double cab route. They are built tough and can take heaps of abuse and when they do break down they are not complicated to fix. On the subject of inspecting the vehicles I'm afraid you're going to have to make the effort and go look at a few if you want to get a good one, can't escape that so you'll have to plan your schedule around it. 

Hiluxes have always been very expensive because of the "Toyota" effect in the lankan used car market. They are indeed superb trucks but the competition is pretty solid as well. I would advise looking at a Nissan D21/D22 because you should be able to find a good one within your budget. They are generally more comfortable on road than the Hilux and have slightly nicer interiors as well.

Another option you could consider is the Ford Ranger, you can get a much newer model for your money and they are solid trucks too.

Thanks Supra Natural.

You are dragging me back. To be honest I love a cab.

Yeah I hilux is out of my range due to that compettion where Ill be dedfeated easily.

Nissan's are fine. I inquired some users. d21 has good reputation. But 22 , not that nice with  fuel.Only words. Nothing tested by me.

I never thought of Ford ranger. why those are cheaper in the market ?

Edited by Kamalawarna

1 hour ago, Kamalawarna said:

Thanks Supra Natural.

You are dragging me back. To be honest I love a cab.

Yeah I hilux is out of my range due to that compettion where Ill be dedfeated easily.

Nissan's are fine. I inquired some users. d21 has good reputation. But 22 , not that nice with  fuel.Only words. Nothing tested by me.

I never thought of Ford ranger. why those are cheaper in the market ?

I don't think there'll be a  major difference in fuel between the D21 and D22. The difference mentioned is probably because later D22s came with the QD32 engine, which is more powerful but probably a bit more thirsty than the TD27 usually fitted to the D21s. Either way I don't think it will be big enough to make a major difference. You should be able to get 8-10 out of them depending on condition and use.

The Ranger is cheap because it's a Ford and the brand isn't in high demand in our stupid market. The usual "experts" will tell all kinds of stories about lack off parts and other nonsense but in reality it's all bull. Send a PM to forum member Ripper who has been using a ranger for well over 5 years now and loves it. 

In short - parts are not as widely available as Nissan or Toyota but they are not impossible to find. If all else fails you can get someone to get it from Thailand. 

2 hours ago, Kamalawarna said:

How about a Suzuki gypsy 4wd with a diesel engine? can that beat hustler ?

There's nothing called Suzuki Gypsy. You are probably talking about a diesel converted Maruti Gypsy.

Have you ever been in a 1960s Austin Lorry? That's the feeling you get when you drive a Gypsy. It vibrates like crazy.

Having said that, I always liked to own a Gypsy myself. Like the looks of it. Will probably own one someday when I have cash to spare.

2 hours ago, Crosswind said:

There's nothing called Suzuki Gypsy. You are probably talking about a diesel converted Maruti Gypsy.

Have you ever been in a 1960s Austin Lorry? That's the feeling you get when you drive a Gypsy. It vibrates like crazy.

Having said that, I always liked to own a Gypsy myself. Like the looks of it. Will probably own one someday when I have cash to spare.

Oh my god ! So tell me is there a vehicle on earth to fulfil following ? 

1. Options  and comfort- power steering,power shutter, AC, front suspension

2. 4wd with good ground clearance.

3. Fuel economy of 10-12/l if diesel. 13-15 if petrol.

4.For a budget below 2.5 million.

5. Suits workplace ( office..)

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the long pause. I was pretty busy with my new(old) Mitsuibishi pajero. Found a carefully used one.

Now I might need your help with mechanics. 

I have a problem list I love to solve.But I need knowledge . Should I post them on mechanical problems section ?