• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Chevrolet Cruze - Gear box noise

NamalJay

Question

Hi,

I have Chevy Cruze 2004 model and i purchased nearly. I observed,a humming noise starts after few kilometers drive. (its happened nearly, 1 month after purchased) its not big noise but slightly i can hear. i think its may be from gear box. why, one of the garage guy asked me " Is this model vehicle getting gear box jam? or any prob with gear "  I said "No", because that time i didn't get  any sound or abnormal condition. but now i am getting this slight noise.so i have fear and doubt about this noise. please advice..

2 answers to this question

First of all I am not an expert. But as a cruze owner i can give you my experience about Cruze.

There are few humming noises I have resolved in my cruze. Important thing is you get noise after few km’s drive. When mine has same issue the problem with the bearing fixed on the right side axel (between gear box and inner CV joint). If it was worn out you will definitely get humming noise. (Noise will come after 5 minutes 10 minutes drive. not at the start)) so check it as first step.  If not Then check both inner CV Joints and both front wheel bearings. My cruze gave humming noises from all above parts and I have replaced all of them.