• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Not smooth when relaesing the clutch pedal

HRS

Dear all,

My Mitsubishi LANCER CS is experiencing issue when releasing the clutch pedal. When I am releasing the clutch slowly, I can feel in certain points,  it's getting stuck a bit. The issue is not feeling to me as soon as start deriving the car. It's only after driving considerable distance.

Please let me know your comments on this issue. More information of the vehicle as follows.  

Manufacturing year  : 2008

Model                       : CS1

Current mileage      : 80,000 KM( Clutch plate has been replaced in 52,000KM by Un???d Motors)  

Thanks

4 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

No matter who replaced the clutch, they will not look into the operating mechanism of it. 

Get it looked at on both ends (master and slave) as you may havev a prob with the hydraulic system operating it.

Couldn't it be the throwout bearing acting up ?

You say "releasing the clutch" "stuck a bit" - I hope you mean that when the clutch pedal is depressed slowly it is not releasing the clutch as expected and get a feeling that the clutch is stuck and you are unable to change gears smoothly. If so it is a sign that a washer inside the master or slave cylinder is about to fail. Get both master and slave mechanisms inspected and washers replaced with a repair kit. 

Yes, it could be a problem with the hydraulic system as others have said above. From experience, I have my money on the slave cylinder.

The CS clutch slave cylinder is a sealed unit which houses the release mechanism and the bearing in it. So it has to be replaced if found to be faulty. Back when I did mine (2011), the part cost about Rs.18,000 at the agent.

Also, the clutch slave cylinder of the CS is known to give trouble when the mileage reaches 100,000 km, so when the clutch is replaced, the slave cylinder is also replaced with it to prevent having to remove the transmission again. Maybe the agent didn't replace it because the car had only done 52,000 km. I wonder how the clutch failed so early.

Thanks for your comments.

On 1/19/2017 at 8:28 AM, Rumesh88 said:

You say "releasing the clutch" "stuck a bit" - I hope you mean that when the clutch pedal is depressed slowly it is not releasing the clutch as expected and get a feeling that the clutch is stuck and you are unable to change gears smoothly. If so it is a sign that a washer inside the master or slave cylinder is about to fail. Get both master and slave mechanisms inspected and washers replaced with a repair kit. 

Rumesh, No issue with changing gears. Only issue is with the smoothness when releasing the clutch. 

3 hours ago, HRS said:

Thanks for your comments.

Rumesh, No issue with changing gears. Only issue is with the smoothness when releasing the clutch. 

Well, there is a confusion in the terminology used in your caption and description here.

Releasing clutch means disengaging it by pressing the clutch pedal.

Releasing clutch pedal means engaging the clutch by taking your foot off the pedal. 

Edited by Rumesh88

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, HRS said:

UM fixed the issue. The problem was with faulty clutch fork.

Thanks for responding back. The "fork" in the CS is actually the slave cylinder coupled with the release bearing. There's no "fork" per say, but the terminology is still used here even by the agent.

Anyway, glad the issue was resolved. 

Edited by Davy